ADVERTISEMENT

Last crack at Dickinson?

As for HD, I hope that he chooses ND or Michigan. I would look forward to seeing Purdue beat him in the Crossroads or B1G games. on a regular basis. (I realize that Purdue's record in the Crossroads has not been great, but I believe the change in recruiting is reversing that pattern.)

I never saw him play in person. I watched some of his highlight films. He reminded me of Benson, Bogut and Gminski.

I would agree he would probably accept being on the bench at Duke. But he probably wanted starters minutes to play at Purdue and that’s a promise Painter will never make to any prospective recruit. And a reason Painter probably backed off.

I never saw him play in person. I watched some of his highlight films. He reminded me of Benson, Bogut and Gminski.

I would agree he would probably accept being on the bench at Duke. But he probably wanted starters minutes to play at Purdue and that’s a promise Painter will never make to any prospective recruit. And a reason Painter probably backed off.
not to pick nits, I don't think Painter ever "backed off."

I think he was, as usual, brutally honest. too many posters here think we backed off. There's no evidence of that.

I think other programs are willing to tell recruits what they think said recruits want to hear. I don't want a coach who recruits like that.

DOW Is a project HD Definitely woulda played ahead of him. Playing time Was a issue Duke would not be In his final 4. I seriously think if he chooses Duke it will be a mistake for this kid. His style of play is eighties and nineties basketball Duke style is not that.
Dow was a project last year and he may be this year. I won't expect him to be a project next year -- his 3rd year in the program. He is the team's best athlete and will have played against two of the best big men in college basketball for 2 years. If a freshman comes in and takes Dow's spot, johnwoodenxxxx will fill his drawers at the end of the season.

Reactions: 3generboiler
I just don't think playing time had anything to do with it. There is plenty of minutes We have no big man that can play the whole game. If it was Playing Time he would have Eliminated Purdue A long time a ago. He knew what Purdue's roster would look like if he committed here a long time ago Hasn't changed.

I just don't think playing time had anything to do with it. There is plenty of minutes We have no big man that can play the whole game. If it was Playing Time he would have Eliminated Purdue A long time a ago. He knew what Purdue's roster would look like if he committed here a long time ago Hasn't changed.
We would have (potentially) 3 established big men already sharing minutes when DH arrived. But the prospect of players going pro is always the wild card. I think this has to be on Painter's mind as he reloads year after year.

Reactions: northside100
I'm not a member of the pay site. But there are plenty of references on this board that make it appear some type of agreement was made, and then the parties decided to part. Some said Painter stopped recruiting Dickinson. Obviously something was said, and something went down. Of the three, it appeared at the beginning, Dickinson was the least likely of the three to come to Purdue. and then the dominoes started to fall making one believe the two others went elsewhere because Surely Dickinson was coming to Purdue. Maybe Dickinson wasn't really that interested in Purdue as we thought he was. And maybe the two others committed elsewhere for the same reason Dickinson is going elsewhere. it's not the first time we thought an elite player was coming to Purdue only to find he committed elsewhere. it doesn't really matter what his reasons were. Sometimes, we just get our hopes up too high.

Reactions: Inspector100
It Seems like this happens every time we go after a A top 50 guy. That's why I say if he likes a top 50 guy Offer a scholarship but don't Spend any more time Besides that.

That's exactly what Gene Keady used to say.
I've been saying this for years these kids get tricked by some of these coaches Telling them I will get you to the NBA. For once when a coach says that to a kid I'd like for that kid To say no you will not I will buy my hard work

Reactions: Zaphod_B
It Seems like this happens every time we go after a A top 50 guy. That's why I say if he likes a top 50 guy Offer a scholarship but don't Spend any more time Besides that.
Are you serious with that statement or just trying to stir things up? Honest question.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler

There is certainly not likely to be ‘plenty of minutes’ at the five available next year. I’d be surprised if HD were worries about Dow, but other recruiters will certainly point to Haarms and Tre as being centers.

UM and FSU were relatively late to the party and can promise him an immediate starting spot (true or not). Duke may not be able to but they are Duke.

A top 40 Recruit Is not going to have playing time issues at purdue. I hate it When we use this as an excuse why they don't come here Because that's not the reason. I don't know why they do not choose Purdue but that's not it Far from it.

A top 40 Recruit Is not going to have playing time issues at purdue. I hate it When we use this as an excuse why they don't come here Because that's not the reason. I don't know why they do not choose Purdue but that's not it Far from it.
Depends... Biggie's freshman year he only played about 25 minutes a game and he was a top 25 player with no one on the team that was a real PF. We do have solidified players that definitely would take minutes from him and he definitely wouldn't start...that we know is for sure. So to say it couldn't sway his decision might not be 100% true but I also think CMP would've found minutes for him.

The reason why I think playing time had nothing to do with it The shape of our roster when he showed interest was the same as it is now as it was then So therefore he woulda never showed any interest then if that was an issue.

The reason why I think playing time had nothing to do with it The shape of our roster when he showed interest was the same as it is now as it was then So therefore he woulda never showed any interest then if that was an issue.
If he decides Notre Dame or Louisville you would be totally wrong. Those teams need a big but Duke does not because Carey will be a stud and Teske will start.

If a team has two postmen that have BOTH been listed in the top 100 players in college basketball, I fail to see how there are " plenty of minutes" , as you say, for a freshman - unless he's the second coming of Alcindor/Walton.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
If it was playing time then Purdue never had a chance in the beginning. So my question is why did Matt Spin so much time recruiting him Knowing there was no playing time for him Does not make sense at all.

When it comes to playing time, they only care about the make-up of the team when they arrive, not this year. If there was some indication that players will be going pro, the make-up of the team is obviously expected to change by the time he arrives.

Since he’s gone, anyone want to share what was said on the pay board that made so many believe he was even considering committing to Purdue? It sure seemed like when we first recruiting him that he was the least interested in Purdue of the trio of himself, Carlson and Dalkbrenner! Did he really scare off the other two? Or were they already looking elsewhere? Who led us to believe he was ever interested in Purdue?

Since he’s gone, anyone want to share what was said on the pay board that made so many believe he was even considering committing to Purdue? It sure seemed like when we first recruiting him that he was the least interested in Purdue of the trio of himself, Carlson and Dalkbrenner! Did he really scare off the other two? Or were they already looking elsewhere? Who led us to believe he was ever interested in Purdue?
If you are so interested, why don't you pay to join the site rather than try to get someone to violate the rules? Show some integrity.

And what is to be gained by you knowing the answers to your other questions?

If it was playing time then Purdue never had a chance in the beginning. So my question is why did Matt Spin so much time recruiting him Knowing there was no playing time for him Does not make sense at all.
Yes, because he could be the future and that's what CMP prepares for. We will fine...relax

If you are so interested, why don't you pay to join the site rather than try to get someone to violate the rules? Show some integrity.

And what is to be gained by you knowing the answers to your other questions?

I’m just not a big fan of building up people’s hopes with misinformation. It causes people to speculate and draw the wrong conclusions.

Based on the posts here by members of KHC, I highly doubt you would want me to pay to be part of that forum. It’s my gift to you to give that money to cancer research and other charities. As for rules and breaking them, there is more than one rule posters are supposed to follow!

I'm relax I don't even really care that he didn't come here I'm just saying It had nothing to do with playing time he knew who was on the Team when we started recruiting him. If it was playing time he would have Told purdue no from the beginning.

I’m just not a big fan of building up people’s hopes with misinformation. It causes people to speculate and draw the wrong conclusions.

Based on the posts here by members of KHC, I highly doubt you would want me to pay to be part of that forum. It’s my gift to you to give that money to cancer research and other charities. As for rules and breaking them, there is more than one rule posters are supposed to follow!
You're not a fan of misinformation and speculation? That's rich.

And the excuse that because other people don't follow rules makes it OK for you not to follow rules should have stopped when you were 5-years-old.

Hey Wolegib, check your keyboard. I think the question mark key is swapped with the period key.

Hey Wolegib, check your keyboard. I think the question mark key is swapped with the period key.
Batman-RingRiddler08.jpg

Reactions: mathboy
Dickinson asked Painter how much?

Painter said Great Education and playing time.

Dickinson moved on.

tic
Sadly, most probable. Look no further than KU over the weekend and their two middle fingers they displayed for the world to see. It pretty much told me they DGAF.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Sadly, most probable. Look no further than KU over the weekend and their two middle fingers they displayed for the world to see. It pretty much told me they DGAF.

"I say it's definitely lookin like the Fox is in charge of the Hen House. Wonder if I can get that boneheaded dog to do anything about it. Fortunately, I've kept my options open for just such an emergency."

We shall see as to KU and Pecos Bill.

Pepe7015FoxFoghornLeghorn.jpg

Also remember that kid (I can't remember his name off the top of my head) thatt committed to Purdue and then swapped to Kentucky.

He got all the playing time he could desire!

Similar situation here with Dickinson? More than likely.

Sometimes in recruiting it’s hit or miss. Many times kids get caught in the name of the school and status of the coach rather than the school that best suits his actual needs and opportunity. I’ve seen it time and time again and you look up that kid the school the picked bcuz of those reasons often time end up not playing but being a statue on the bench than a year or 2 later he transferred. Marquees bolden Derrick Thornton and a guard all left duke all was 5star All American but they chose duke for all the things I named 2 are at different schools now the other left bcuz he was being recruited over every year so he decided I’m going PRO. Kentucky Kansas North Carolina all do it too maybe those players will soon learn it’s not were u go it’s what u do when u get there if your chasing the NBA. If you can play I no for a FACT the NBA will find you. Wish the kid all the best I just hope he makes the right decision based on opportunity and not based on fame and name
Very well said. I was pretty disappointed Dickinson didn't want to come to Purdue especially since we missed out on two other targets in the process. Thought we would be a very good fit. Hope you are doing well. Very excited to see Nojel and the team play this year and do great things! Less than a month to go!

Reactions: johnwooden1932
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT