ADVERTISEMENT

Last crack at Dickinson?

How am I a troll here we go again you guys kill me with his shit. I'm a big time Purdue fan just asking questions. I been working 7 days a week through the summer so I have not been able to pay attention to anything. I don't think what I said deserves that remark from you sir Jesus just stop it with The troll shit. Every Purdue fan is not going to have the same opinion And I was just asking a question sorry

Reactions: DannyGranger
In no way is my remark Saying anything badd about painter. I happen to support him and think hes a great coach and doing a great job.

How am I a troll here we go again you guys kill me with his shit. I'm a big time Purdue fan just asking questions. I been working 7 days a week through the summer so I have not been able to pay attention to anything. I don't think what I said deserves that remark from you sir Jesus just stop it with The troll shit. Every Purdue fan is not going to have the same opinion And I was just asking a question sorry
You joined yesterday... You act like you've been called a troll before... implying you've been here before... under a different troll name... you're a troll.

You know it's people like you that start these 10 page arguments when you do stuff like this. I just asked a simple question. And yes I joined yesterday. Like I said before I've been working 7 days a week through the summer I have not Ben onthis board in quite some time so I forgot Everything and had to make a new profile. I'm a grown adult I'm not going to get on this board just To start trouble. Again it was just a question

You know it's people like you that start these 10 page arguments when you do stuff like this. I just asked a simple question. And yes I joined yesterday. Like I said before I've been working 7 days a week through the summer I have not Ben onthis board in quite some time so I forgot Everything and had to make a new profile. I'm a grown adult I'm not going to get on this board just To start trouble. Again it was just a question
You don't type like a grown adult... :rolleyes:

Read this (https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-hunter-dickinson-josh-hall-and-more) and this should shed a little light.

The Dickinson story has been strange because I don't think there was anything we could have done differently. He heard Duke was interested so he waited and once they missed on another big, they got in his ear that they might be interested.

Not sure we could have done anything differently.

Duh! It’s because you don’t spout the party line of allegiance
And
The handful of thugs that throw out these insults are permitted to do so.
Seems to always be the dissenting opinion that gets smacked and not the name calling thug.

It's guys like you that insist on making it a 10 page thread because you HAVE to be right and have the last word.

You joined yesterday... You act like you've been called a troll before... implying you've been here before... under a different troll name... you're a troll.
Lol you joined like 2 weeks ago. Heck there is a thread dedicated to your first post. Im just not sure you can call out new people just yet.

Reactions: Statey and Purdue85
Lol you joined like 2 weeks ago. Heck there is a thread dedicated to your first post. Im just not sure you can call out new people just yet.
There is no thread dedicated to my first post. Try again.

I also didn't start complaining about how we never get top 50 recruits with my first 10 posts like the obvious troll in this thread did.

I agree that it’s frustrating that we didn’t get him when a lot of time was invested and I would have liked to have gotten him but I believe we will be fine either way. I didn’t see your post as trolling either

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

only responding because I haven't ragged on you for awile.

;)

hope you're doing well.

Always good to know, "Where's the Beef?"

source.gif

For the ones who answered my question thank you. For the ones Who gave me the 3rd degree Just don't read anything I post. It's that simple.

Check the user name Beef. That's Kyle Purdue. My User name is Boiler Kyle. Again, there is no thread dedicated to my arrival.
so due ewe want U.S. too start won four ewe ? ?

It can be arranged.

You're off to a typical start. Rather than staying on subject, you 'd rather waste your first posts calling others trolls, and identifying grammar mistakes. And then arguing - no that's not me. you sure know how to make a person feel welcome. you'll fit right in

Last edited:
so due ewe want U.S. too start won four ewe ? ?

It can be arranged.

You're off to a typical start. Rather than staying on subject, you 'd rather waste your first posts calling others trolls, and identifying grammar mistakes. And then arguing - no that's not me. you sure know how to make a person feel welcome. you'll fit right in
I was on subject as I'm the one who originally posted that we were out on Dickinson. The troll that started this could have read the thread and gotten the information he was "looking for". Instead the troll posted asking if we were out on Dickinson and then proceeded to complain that we don't get top 50 players and that we should stop wasting our time on them. That's a troll take.

I was on subject as I'm the one who originally posted that we were out on Dickinson. The troll that started this could have read the thread and gotten the information he was "looking for". Instead the troll posted asking if we were out on Dickinson and then proceeded to complain that we don't get top 50 players and that we should stop wasting our time on them. That's a troll take.
Are you sure you’re not the same person you are replying to?

Reactions: Do Dah Day
It's not over until he puts his signature on the LOI. if Purdue is in his final 4, do you believe Painter would totally stop recruiting him? I have to believe they have spoken to each other.

I still believe he's a good fit, and would make an outstanding addition. However, I doubt he gets 20-25 minutes his first year as we have a couple of other good centers. Painter's words about Newman were pretty telling. he said Newman wants to do everything and be everything. But painter is not ready to hand over the reigns just yet. Newman has to earn those minutes and starter position. the same would apply to Dickinson.

And I have to believe the same philosophy would apply at Duke and Michigan. I'm not sure about providence or FSU. But in most schools that are elite, you have to prove you deserve to start ! maybe somebody lied to him along the way and painter was honest. Once he gets home and thinks about it, I believe he will make the right decision. And maybe that decision will not be Purdue. and maybe he wants and is looking for something Purdue and Painter just can't offer. We'll see how it plays out.

New It's not over until he puts his signature on the LOI. if Purdue is in his final 4, do you believe Painter would totally stop recruiting him? I have to believe they have spoken to each other.
You are right, it isn’t over until he officially signs. For all intensive purposes, Purdue is out of the mix.

I believe he gave the impression to Painter that he was ready to commit and changed his mind. Pretty sure he changed his mind because Duke was ready to offer.

What is odd is that if Purdue was #1 in his mind and then Duke proposed an offer that was attractive then Purdue would slip to #2. But the argument has been made that Purdue is out of it entirely. This is puzzling.

If he posts a Top 4 and Purdue is not there then going from #1 to less than #4 is wild, assuming that the estimate of #1 recently was correct. I am not sure that was really true at this point.

Last edited:
I feel if he goes To Duke hes making a big mistake. He will be a 4 year Player Hes not a one and done player Nor do I think he will ever be at NBA player either His style does not fit the NBA today maybe 35 years ago. To me he will be a really good college player and if he wants to play basketball after that it's going to have to be overseas. He will get recruited over at Duke. He wasn't even their 1st or 2nd option that should tell him something if he smart

Interesting note is that Mark Williams, a slightly higher rated center, released his top 3 yesterday. Duke, Michigan, UCLA. Duke is considered the favorite, and looks to be the first choice at center for Duke. If Williams picks Duke they will be out of scholarships, and have a player committed at every position. What would that mean for Hunter?

Reactions: ejs1111
What is odd is that if Pur
due was #1 in his mind and then Duke proposed an offer that was attractive then Purdue would slip to #2. But the argument has been made that Purdue is out of it entirely. This is puzzling.

If he posts a Top 4 and Purdue is not there then going from #1 to less than #4 is wild, assuming that the estimate of #1 recently was correct. I am not sure that was really true at this point.

No inside info but it tells me that either a) MP wouldn’t tell him something he needed to hear (minutes, starting, etc.) or b) he told MP something that caused MP to wish him luck and call it off (i.e. he had given MP a soft commit then rescinded). I can’t think of anything else that makes sense.

I remember the Tyger recruitment. Weren’t we in it and then he committed to DePaul and we said bye. But then he decommitted and we were in it again? And it looked good and then along came UCLA? What’s the possibility if he says Purdue is out that one of the other two Kalpbrenner or Carlson may change their minds?

I remember the Tyger recruitment. Weren’t we in it and then he committed to DePaul and we said bye. But then he decommitted and we were in it again? And it looked good and then along came UCLA? What’s the possibility if he says Purdue is out that one of the other two Kalpbrenner or Carlson may change their minds?
I think we've moved on to the 2021 class.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT