ADVERTISEMENT

WATCH: Trent Sisley at Indiana Jam Fest

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Top Purdue target and four-star forward Trent Sisley shines in a pair of Indiana Elite wins to start the Indiana Jam Fest on Saturday.

Sisley unofficially averaged 14.5 points and 5.5 rebounds, shooting 60% from the field.

Story is premium, but I attached highlights from both games and a brief interview below.

As most of those highlights are dunks, easy bunnies around the rim, mixed with a couple of fall back short Js.....surprised he only shot 60%.

Man those two shots that were shown by the blue team were absolutely horrible 😂 didn’t even draw iron

earlier in the year, judging his game reminded me of Tyler Wahl, now after these 2 vids reminds me of Heide. Got some quick hops
He definitely has some perimeter skill and quickness for a 4. Not sure about a comp, but his trajectory would look more like when Vince Edwards and Hummel played, which worked really well for Purdue.

Next year it will be interesting to see how many minutes Catchings will get at the 4. I think his skillset is a 3, but at 6'9 220 the path to minutes will be at the 4 next year. If Sisely commits, Purdue would have a wealth of talent at Forward with Heide in his prime, Catchings, and Sisely. Add in Colvin at guard, and you thought watching Braden throw oops to Edey was fun? This team will get out and run...

He definitely has some perimeter skill and quickness for a 4. Not sure about a comp, but his trajectory would look more like when Vince Edwards and Hummel played, which worked really well for Purdue.

Next year it will be interesting to see how many minutes Catchings will get at the 4. I think his skillset is a 3, but at 6'9 220 the path to minutes will be at the 4 next year. If Sisely commits, Purdue would have a wealth of talent at Forward with Heide in his prime, Catchings, and Sisely. Add in Colvin at guard, and you thought watching Braden throw oops to Edey was fun? This team will get out and run...
Smith wanted to run a lot last year. Had to pull it back out and let the offense run a lot. The next couple of years is going to be really fun.

Smith wanted to run a lot last year. Had to pull it back out and let the offense run a lot. The next couple of years is going to be really fun.
I’ve seen some skepticism that Smith can rise to All-American level without Edey, but I think that next season is Smith’s year. Just like Carsen Edwards took the reigns when Vince Edwards, Mathias, Haas, and PJ graduated, Smith will step up to fill the void and I think that Purdue will play a style that allows him to shine. I think that the tempo will be faster and the athleticism of Heide, Colvin, Catchings, and Harris will be on display. The pick and roll offense won’t have Zach Edey, but I think that we’ll see TKR do quite well in that role. I also think we’ll see a continuation of great shooting led by Loyer, giving Smith the spacing that he will need to showcase his ability. Taking nothing away from the great Zach Edey, I’m excited to see what Purdue looks like as Braden Smith’s team.

Was thinking the same thing about who his comp would be. He’s going to have to improve his perimeter shooting, which is a focus for him this year, but an athletic four with his skills would be intriguing for Purdue.

Reactions: oldboiler52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT