ADVERTISEMENT

Kostas

I think tomorrow is the last day of signing period. Like last year, May 21st was the last day and it's the day Biggie signed.

Yes it is but didn't think kids all had to sign by then....thought their was a window where they could still commit without signing after the 21st and then sign in the fall before they play.

Not sure where I saw that but someone did that last year at Arizona or Kentucky or somewhere...cant remember who.

Yes it is but didn't think kids all had to sign by then....thought their was a window where they could still commit without signing after the 21st and then sign in the fall before they play.

Not sure where I saw that but someone did that last year at Arizona or Kentucky or somewhere...cant remember who.
The next time to sign would be Aug 1st, that's the fall period. I believe there was talk that it might come to that with Biggie.

I didnt think Biggie ever signed a letter of intent. it became official with NCAA once he was officially enrolled in class. That occurred well after this time last year.
No but he signed a Big Ten Tender of Financial Aid, in which athletes accept their grant from the university and agree to certain terms and conditions. The tender is binding per the bylaws of the Big Ten Conference.

So, I'm guessing we should hear something by Wednesday???

Does anyone know if he still visited Florida Last weekend, even with them apparently filling their scholarships?

I believe we were the only other official correct?

No but he signed a Big Ten Tender of Financial Aid, in which athletes accept their grant from the university and agree to certain terms and conditions. The tender is binding per the bylaws of the Big Ten Conference.

Do you know what date that Biggie signed the Big Ten Tender of Financial Aid? I believe it can be as late as when you enroll and begin school. My memory is not good, but I thought we didnt 'officially' know about Biggie until he arrived on campus after his Team USA gig ended last summer.

Do you know what date that Biggie signed the Big Ten Tender of Financial Aid? I believe it can be as late as when you enroll and begin school. My memory is not good, but I thought we didnt 'officially' know about Biggie until he arrived on campus after his Team USA gig ended last summer.
According to a Nathan Baird article that was dated May 21st, he officially signed the night before, a Wednesday, on May 20th. He was on Team USA after. Him and Vincent (<-what he's going by now) Edwards were invited to tryout on Team USA June 2nd.
http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060215aab.html

I know Purdue or Painter wouldn't be allowed to commit on Swanigan until he was officially signed.

Reactions: StateStreet123
What is this "we'll know more tomorrow"? I see it all the time on here when discussing a recruit.

It's all about Chris Booker. Aggravating then, somewhat funny now. You decide...
I was to busy in HS to know anything that pertained to Chris Booker and his recruitment. So to me it's a joke I guess I'm just not a part of or understand the context of.

I was to busy in HS to know anything that pertained to Chris Booker and his recruitment. So to me it's a joke I guess I'm just not a part of or understand the context of.

It has to do with the saga of his academic ineligibility for the second semester of his senior season (2003-2004 season). He was given an F in one of his classes and it had to with not taking his final (I believe Booker said he had to go back home to visit a sick family member but the prof wouldn't give him any leniency. It was something like that.) Yeah, they would have been better with him and probably made the NCAA Tournament, but I don't think they would have won the national title or anything like that: not talented enough guard play at the 1 (a recurring theme for much of the program's history) and they weren't that great at the 4's, either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Travisty13
Per a article in the local paper today, kostas is more than likely a "4", and wants to play immediately. That may be working somewhat against us, particularly if biggie returns.

Swanigan can't play 40 minutes, Kostas could be coming in for him if he is good enough to play right away. Not a lot of freshman start right away or play a lot of minutes , unless you want to play for a team that isn't that good.

Per... paper, kostas...wants to play immediately. That may be working somewhat against us, particularly if biggie returns.
The ultimate blow would be lose Kostas because Biggie stays. Biggie uses next year as "his" audition but fails to improve nonetheless leaves after the season. Kostas blooms for 4 years somewhere else.

Just tell them they will know more tomorrow.
I'll be dead. I could leave them a note, great great grandad says you'll know more tomorrow if there's too much sauce. I'm sure one will think, he was senile wasn't he?

I'll be dead. I could leave them a note, great great grandad says you'll know more tomorrow if there's too much sauce. I'm sure one will think, he was senile wasn't he?

Or.....you could leave them a video with instructions to "take a hard look at this," and all your questions will be answered.

Reactions: PUBV
Between, BBIQ, Sauce and We will know tomorrow........we pretty much have everything covered.

Well except one thing......we need to "Rick Roll someone"......haven't seen that done in awhile.

Ha Ha.

Boiler Up!

giphy.gif

Or.....you could leave them a video with instructions to "take a hard look at this," and all your questions will be answered.
All right, I'll slap together the video you'll know more tomorrow if there's too much sauce but you need to take a look at the video. Even though I like the quality of Betamax, I think I'll put this on VHS.

Don't forget Tacos!

Anyway, back on topic (sort of), I saw that 2016 PF Romello White de-committed from Georgia Tech about a week or so ago. I think the staff should try to pursue him as well if the Kostas situation doesn't come to fruition. It's going to help to have another big for next season, whether Biggie leaves or not.

Per a article in the local paper today, kostas is more than likely a "4", and wants to play immediately. That may be working somewhat against us, particularly if biggie returns.

Define; "play immediately"

At how many High-Major D1 programs can a late-bloomer, barely 4 star Frosh, "play immediately"?

If he means start day 1; Maybe he should look into WI-Green Bay, or the like, if he wants to start and play majority minutes.

He'll have to earn it here, but I'd say he does have the chance to be the #1 sub for Biggie. Hopefully that appeals to him.

Anyway, back on topic (sort of), I saw that 2016 PF Romello White de-committed from Georgia Tech about a week or so ago. I think the staff should try to pursue him as well if the Kostas situation doesn't come to fruition.

The odds that you start recruiting a guy with his offer list this late in the game and he commits are ridiculously low that I don't think it's worth the effort.

Reactions: pboiler18
The odds that you start recruiting a guy with his offer list this late in the game and he commits are ridiculously low that I don't think it's worth the effort.

Coach Painter says that the staff never stops recruiting, so if that's the case, why wouldn't they contact and offer him? The only other 2016 HS guy publicly on their radar right now is Kostas.

They don't need Charlie Moore: Next season's team will already have three under 6' scholarship players (maybe Carsen's taller, but I will go by his 5'11" listing right now). I doubt that he's so good that he would be worth adding another tiny guard to the roster.

At how many High-Major D1 programs can a late-bloomer, barely 4 star Frosh, "play immediately"?

If he means start day 1; Maybe he should look into WI-Green Bay, or the like, if he wants to start and play majority minutes.

He'll have to earn it here, but I'd say he does have the chance to be the #1 sub for Biggie. Hopefully that appeals to him.

Easy there...I was just trying to shed some info per a newspaper article...read it here for yourself.
http://www.jconline.com/story/sport...rdue-targeting-kostas-antetokounmpo/84429894/

But, what if he comes in and plays well in preseason camp? Then starts to "outplay" CS and wins the starting job? That would be cool because that would mean that he is really good. And that would be good for Purdue. Just sayin'.

Easy there...I was just trying to shed some info per a newspaper article...read it here for yourself.
http://www.jconline.com/story/sport...rdue-targeting-kostas-antetokounmpo/84429894/

My post wasn't directed at you, it was directly at "play immediately" per the article.

Unless you are Kostas, rest easy. If you are Kostas, WTF DO YOU MEAN "PLAY IMMEDIATELY!?!?!?!?"

PLAY HARD > PLAY IMMEDIATELY!

But, what if he comes in and plays well in preseason camp? Then starts to "outplay" CS and wins the starting job? That would be cool because that would mean that he is really good. And that would be good for Purdue. Just sayin'.

Well, yeah. That'd be great, of course.

Duh dude...DUH.

Last edited:
I know it's a highlight real, but honestly with the skillset he exhibited in the highlights as well as his brother's success in the NBA, I'm shocked he hasn't been offered and heavily pursued by nearly everyone. I doubt he plays 4 years anywhere he goes to college. Two years, maybe 3 at most before he tries to come out. His ceiling will be measured with his brothers as well as expected development and he will declare early. I would be absolutely thrilled if Purdue is able to pull him in. I think he would get plenty of PT this coming season. He moves better with the ball compared to Taylor and may be equal as far as shooting ability. I think Taylor is a more natural shot blocker which you can't coach. Biggie will be gone after next season if not before this season and that opens up Kostas and Vince to be a 3/4 combo with neither playing a specific position which is downright scary for opposing teams. Somebody please stop me from dreaming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT