ADVERTISEMENT

Kostas

Most think he'll end up at St. Johns. I think his family has a relationship with Chris Mullin, who is the new St. Johns coach. Yes, that Chris Mullin.

I am not underestimating Mullin. I have a great respect for him as a player and a coach. But they already have 2 SF commits, both of whom are 4 stars. I wouldn't say we have an edge, but we definitely have an angle to play.

i think Purdue has a really good chance, the guy came on a visit, that has to mean something. If he liked what he saw and heard from Painter, then he could be coming to Purdue.

Last edited:
Glad coach took a run @ him...but I will be surprised if he ends up here....

He did take an official visit this past weekend and hopefully coach keeps Purdue's presence strong as it has been a very quick process up to this point (publicly at least). It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Kostas come to Purdue. At worst, he comes in and provides spot minutes while going against two of the best big men in the country and giving Swanigan a true test on the perimeter to work with to improve for the NBA if he comes back. He would then potentially start and could take the 4 spot and lock that down for 3 years. Little downside to coming to Purdue if he wants to improve for the NBA as he will be able to go against, potentially, 3 NBA quality players for a year to improve his game.

He is a bit lanky but given time with the proper weight training, his coordination could finally catch up and be a threat as a 6'10 SF as he shows the ability to handle the ball and be a set shooter from the perimeter. He also appears to have above average vision to see passing lanes and get in to passing lanes on defense.

Overall, this is a player that Painter NEEDS to get to continue the growth of the program as he appears to have an incredibly high ceiling but may need the grindstone work ethic Purdue seems to have under Painter to see his skill set really shine.

If St. John's is done recruiting for KA's "position", Painter and staff appear to have a very good chance of getting his commitment.

If St. John's is done recruiting for KA's "position", Painter and staff appear to have a very good chance of getting his commitment.

does anyone know if we have officially offered Kostas? my apologies if this is common knowledge.....i just dont remember seeing it for sure anywhere

Has anybody dreamed of a lineup with him and Malik Williams starting together? I know I have.

Edit: Guy took a charge, full court pressed the opposing teams pg and dove for the ball after knocking it loose. I'm sold.
That guy has NBA length and agility as well as a perimeter game and defense anywhere on the court. He would make an impact and make it fast.

And also according to Rivals, we're the only school he has visited.

Dang, hope he commits, and soon!

His name helps with an "NBA" pipeline too. Can't hurt when little brothers of NBA stars come to your school. If we land him and he is decent for us, it will be a big boon to recruiting for Painter.

Reactions: nagemj02
And also according to Rivals, we're the only school he has visited. Dang, hope he commits, and soon!

IF that is the case wonder what the hang-up is then with committing?? It has been enough time since the visit hasn't it?

Perhaps he did not like what he heard/saw here?

i am ok with him taking some time to decide. we dont need another derek willis quick commit then decommit

I've always said I thought we need a good, early commitment from a wing to get the bigger talents in the 2017 class. I think this would be perfect ! ! They could envision playing with him, Ryan and Carson

If we get him, I would start working on Tillman next, then JJJ & Malik.

Heck, . . why not dream BIG ! Tillman at 5, Williams at 4, Kostos at 3, JJJ at 2 and Edwards at 1.

Sounds like it's between Purdue and St. John's. I have a hard time believing St. John's would be better for him, so I have to say I like our chances.

Us or Florida then....that might be an easy decision if weather has anything to do with it.

Are you trying to talk yourself into not wanting Antetokuonmpo to commit? Why do you think he doesn't like Purdue? If he visited this past weekend, that seems like a good indication that he's interested, which can be interpreted as a form of liking something.

Are you trying to talk yourself into not wanting Antetokuonmpo to commit? Why do you think he doesn't like Purdue? If he visited this past weekend, that seems like a good indication that he's interested, which can be interpreted as a form of liking something.

Haven't followed Kostas Recruiting other than this thread.... I did not think we would get him just based upon past history. However, if we are his only option, we might. I would be elated if he came here as he sounds like a big time potential athlete blossoming into all kinds of ability...the kind we rarely get....just real usable on both sides of the ball. While I prefer he comes here, not because we are his only best option (with others full), but because he wants to be a Boiler as he buys into what MP has to sell.....I would be elated nonetheless to get him on our roster.

Reactions: nagemj02
Well, is Kostas still visiting Florida this weekend, St Johns? Will either school kick someone under the bus to fit him in? Did he like his visit to Purdue enough to go there? He's only had 1 official I believe.

I think he waits to see what Biggie does by the 25th......

If Biggie goes pro, then this is a no brainer for him to choose Purdue.

If Biggie stays, well then he has V. Edwards and Smotherman to share the 3 spot with and V.Edwards, Biggie and some Taylor to share the 4 spot with.

If Biggie goes then it frees up some of the 4 spot for him to play.....since Taylor would have to swing down to the 5 spot to back up Haas, where normally Biggie would share that with Taylor.

Hope he chooses Purdue....would be fun to see play.

I think he waits to see what Biggie does by the 25th......

If Biggie goes pro, then this is a no brainer for him to choose Purdue.

If Biggie stays, well then he has V. Edwards and Smotherman to share the 3 spot with and V.Edwards, Biggie and some Taylor to share the 4 spot with.

If Biggie goes then it frees up some of the 4 spot for him to play.....since Taylor would have to swing down to the 5 spot to back up Haas, where normally Biggie would share that with Taylor.

Hope he chooses Purdue....would be fun to see play.
I think tomorrow is the last day of signing period. Like last year, May 21st was the last day and it's the day Biggie signed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT