ADVERTISEMENT

Kostas

pharoutengineer

Sophomore
Oct 4, 2002
Kostas Antetokounmpo visiting this weekend? From context clues, I'm guessing that's who's on campus. Would be a huge pickup IMO.

Reactions: ahhculdee
He's a 2016 recruit right? Why hasn't he signed with a team yet?

This kid could be a superstar. His brother has the most impressive measurables in the NBA, and if they come from the same zygote...

This kid could end up like Davis from UK a few years back. A player who learned how to play the game as a guard and grows into a monster stretch 4. It won't hurt having a NBA player showing up to watch some of his brothers games either. Painter trying to make roads in Wisconsin! Herro, 7'2, and the Lil Greek

my spring optimism question would be this:

Could he play the 3 to slide VE to the 2 and have Albrecht play the 1 andlraving Biggie and Haas on the floor as well? That would be a monster lineup with only Albrecht being shorter than 6'8.

One can dream, right?

I think he could play significant minutes as backup 3, 4, and 5 if the freshman's ego can handle not starting.

my spring optimism question would be this:

Could he play the 3 to slide VE to the 2 and have Albrecht play the 1 andlraving Biggie and Haas on the floor as well? That would be a monster lineup with only Albrecht being shorter than 6'8.

One can dream, right?
With that lineup you could talk me into playing zone! Imagine the 1-3-1 with all that arm length on the court.

What made people think he was working out with us? Did someone see him or something? I'm just confused because it doesn't look like Purdue is on his list of interests.

How strong is his skillset? He has the size/length needed and looks like he has the overall athleticism needed but can he successfully pass, dribble, and shoot on a regular basis? What has he shown so far on the defensive end? He definitely seems like a good prospect with upside. I just wondered if others here know more about his game and can fill in the blanks.

With our scholarship situation, I would love to take a shot at this young man. It still leaves plenty of scholarships for next year.

It would leave two (possibly three) more for next season and three (possibly four) more (based on projection) for the 2017-2018 season:

2016-2017:

1. Albrecht (RS Sr.)
2. Smotherman (RS Jr.)
3. Mathias (Jr.)
4. V. Edwards (Jr.)
5. Haas (Jr.)
6. Thompson (Jr.)
7. Taylor (RS So.)
8. Cline (So.)
9. Swanigan (So.: ?)
10. C. Edwards (Fr.)
11. Antetokuonmpo (Fr.: ?)
12. open
13. open

This would be a big get in my opinion. Even if he's not as insane as his brother, would still be an amazing get this late in the game.

This would be a big get in my opinion. Even if he's not as insane as his brother, would still be an amazing get this late in the game.
Been awhile since we've had a guy with this much raw athleticism!

Speaking of that, excited to see how this year turns out for Smotherman!

Reactions: nagemj02
Been awhile since we've had a guy with this much raw athleticism!

Speaking of that, excited to see how this year turns out for Smotherman!
Adding both Kostas and Smotherman to the lineup would go a long way toward replacing the length, athleticism, shot blocking and rebounding we lose with AJ, though certainly not the offense.

How strong is his skillset? He has the size/length needed and looks like he has the overall athleticism needed but can he successfully pass, dribble, and shoot on a regular basis? What has he shown so far on the defensive end? He definitely seems like a good prospect with upside. I just wondered if others here know more about his game and can fill in the blanks.
If he was great at passing, shooting and dribbling he probably would have already signed with UK or Duke, being 6' 9", long and crazy athletic.

What made people think he was working out with us? Did someone see him or something? I'm just confused because it doesn't look like Purdue is on his list of interests.
hit the home icon and they still have a picture of him...different than the other day...but it is him

Pretty good endorsement to me ! Sign him up and lets use our length and depth to press people. (Easiest way I know of to get some steals, kill some clock and wear teams out ! !

Am I alone on this, or do others wonder why we don't use our length and depth ?

Good video. The only part I didn't like was the mention of him being the biggest whiner. His brother said he always has an excuse for everything. Painter won't like that much if it's for real, but he seems pretty good natured and it is probably mostly in the context of goofing around. If he comes to Purdue he will hopefully learn the big 'A' word quickly ("accountability").

Good video. The only part I didn't like was the mention of him being the biggest whiner. His brother said he always has an excuse for everything. Painter won't like that much if it's for real, but he seems pretty good natured and it is probably mostly in the context of goofing around. If he comes to Purdue he will hopefully learn the big 'A' word quickly ("accountability").
Hopefully he means in a Draymond Green-like way.

Also could just be a little brother vs big brother thing. That is something that can be coached out of a young man. If Coach Painter wants to extend and offer and the young man was interested enough to take an official after what seems to be a short amount of public contact, then I hope he accepts the offer and becomes a Boilermaker. If he decides to go elsewhere, he made a decision he felt was best for him and his future. Either way, good luck to him and his family and may this process lead to a clear decision (being a Boilermaker obviously!).

Reactions: nagemj02
I bet this kid has a ton of untapped potential. Plus if he's anything like his brother, he's probably not done growing. When Giannis came into the league he was 6'9 and I believe he's already grown another 2 while in the league. Think Kostas could play a similar role as Greek Freak and play a 3 or sometimes 2. Imagine the mismatches he'd create.

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
I checked on 247sports.com. Apparently the two teams that he had built the strongest relations, St John and Iowa State, both have had coaching changes during the recruitment. That always complicate things. What's more, both were also recruiting other small forward recruits, and they both have signed two, EACH, and all of them were 4 stars with the higher ranking at the time. What are the odds?

Basically the twist of fate has left him somewhat stranded. I think we have a more than decent shot at him.l

I checked on 247sports.com. Apparently the two teams that he had built the strongest relations, St John and Iowa State, both have had coaching changes during the recruitment. That always complicate things. What's more, both were also recruiting other small forward recruits, and they both have signed two, EACH, and all of them were 4 stars with the higher ranking at the time. What are the odds?

Basically the twist of fate has left him somewhat stranded. I think we have a more than decent shot at him.l
Most think he'll end up at St. Johns. I think his family has a relationship with Chris Mullin, who is the new St. Johns coach. Yes, that Chris Mullin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT