ADVERTISEMENT

Isaac Haas accused about lying about STDs...

Do you also feel sorry for Isaac?
It's hard for me to feel bad for him. It appears he has had herpes since at least Summer 2016. If he slept with a girl unprotected after that time, then that's completely on him.
No he doesn't. The only thing that guy does is bash Purdue and praise iu.
What praise have I given IU other than acknowledging that they have an extremely good recruiting class? They very well might not do anything with the talent they are getting. That type of class is what I want to see Purdue getting year in and year out.

It's hard for me to feel bad for him. It appears he has had herpes since at least Summer 2016. If he slept with a girl unprotected after that time, then that's completely on him.

What praise have I given IU other than acknowledging that they have an extremely good recruiting class? They very well might not do anything with the talent they are getting. That type of class is what I want to see Purdue getting year in and year out.

"it appears" based on a random tweet....

"it appears" based on a random tweet....
That's more evidence than there is to the contrary. I'm not going to come on here and say I feel bad for someone, and then later evidence comes out that the individual actually did commit the action. His texts are pretty damning as well.

I used to think very highly of Isaac and I thought he was one of the better Purdue Ambassadors that we have had. Now... not so much.

You have no first hand knowledge of it either, so why are you defending him?
I'm defending or doing anything, I am waiting to see what all comes out before I go straight to accusing like you. But then again, you not being a Boiler I understand.

I'm tired of your BS.
Then go back to peegs where you came from. You see there are many on here that don't like Painter or players on the team but one thing they have never done is gushed over anything iu. That is your downfall and just look at your exchange with hunkgolden as an example.

If I were Issac, I would not like people talking about it.
He should know it comes with the territory of being an athlete. Look at MSU. In today's society and media what an athlete does off the court brings as much attention as what they do on the court. Look at that Cleveland cabs player cheating on his Kardasian wife. I didn't even realize he was a basketball player before he cheated on a pregnant Chloe

I'm defending or doing anything, I am waiting to see what all comes out before I go straight to accusing like you. But then again, you not being a Boiler I understand.

Then go back to peegs where you came from. You see there are many on here that don't like Painter or players on the team but one thing they have never done is gushed over anything iu. That is your downfall and just look at your exchange with hunkgolden as an example.
Again, I said the only time I have given IU praise is for their recruiting class this year. I'm not going anywhere, so suck it up or put me on ignore.

You have no first hand knowledge of it either, so why are you defending him? You could very well be defending someone for doing something truly awful. You clearly don't agree with my posts, so why don't you just point me on ignore? I'm tired of your BS.

We've only seen one side's story out of the 4 involved in this case (Haas, the other girl and PUSH). Part of the accusation is that doctors gave Haas treatment "off the books" - so they have STD medicine in their back pockets to hand out like candy without a prescription? Some of this is not backed up with any evidence.

Reactions: BoiledSteel
We've only seen one side's story out of the 4 involved in this case (Haas, the other girl and PUSH). Part of the accusation is that doctors gave Haas treatment "off the books" - so they have STD medicine in their back pockets to hand out like candy without a prescription? Some of this is not backed up with any evidence.
Ok, just because I'm tired of this, I will edit my stance. I feel sorry for the two girls involved. I'll wait to hold judgement on Haas until all the evidence comes out.

Ok, just because I'm tired of this, I will edit my stance. I feel sorry for the two girls involved. I'll wait to hold judgement on Haas until all the evidence comes out.

It's your opinion - I never said I felt sorry for Isaac. But I also realize that we've only heard one side of the story - and part of that story was not backed up with any evidence outside of hearsay.

Why are we feeling sorry for any of them? They are all adults, they ALL made REALLY stupid decisions, and they are all reaping the consequences.

I would feel sorry for her if it is proven Haas purposely lied to her about his condition. If he knew and lied, it's an entirely new ballgame.

Still don’t see how Purdue has any responsibility.

This country needs tort reform so bad

They're trying to say that Purdue/PUSH gave him "off the books" medication. This makes little sense for a few reasons.

1. If it is herpes, you can't cure it.
2. They say they kept it off the books so no one would find out he had it - well medical records aren't public and are protected by law, so there isn't a need to keep it off the books.
3. A doctor is also not a pharmacist. Unless you are now saying a doctor called up the Purdue pharmacy and asked for medicine on the side without a prescription.
4. Purdue has no responsibility in alerting the public of someone testing positive for an STD (again, medical records are protected by law).

It's still confusing - they are throwing around chlamydia and herpes interchangeably.

The most logical reason for including Purdue is that they can settle easily.

They're trying to say that Purdue/PUSH gave him "off the books" medication. This makes little sense for a few reasons.

1. If it is herpes, you can't cure it.
2. They say they kept it off the books so no one would find out he had it - well medical records aren't public and are protected by law, so there isn't a need to keep it off the books.
3. A doctor is also not a pharmacist. Unless you are now saying a doctor called up the Purdue pharmacy and asked for medicine on the side without a prescription.
4. Purdue has no responsibility in alerting the public of someone testing positive for an STD (again, medical records are protected by law).

It's still confusing - they are throwing around chlamydia and herpes interchangeably.

The most logical reason for including Purdue is that they can settle easily.

No culpability for having unprotected sex? This whole civil case seems flawed and unlikely to go anywhere.

At best she was hoping a pile of embarrassment would get Purdue/Haas to act.

Instead Haas should fight this to the end and even possibly countersue

Reactions: pboiler18
No culpability for having unprotected sex? This whole civil case seems flawed and unlikely to go anywhere.

At best she was hoping a pile of embarrassment would get Purdue/Haas to act.

Instead Haas should fight this to the end and even possibly countersue

yerp.

"I was an idiot and slept with someone I didn't know, had unprotected sex, then ended up with a STD. Give me money."

Not exonerating Haas, just looking at this from different points of view.

Talking to Dr. Wolegib, she doesn't believe the Purdue PUSH was negligent or at fault and definitely would not provide off the book drugs to anyone. She indicated by law the facility must report all instances of a STD, because of a potential outbreak, but is not required to report the name. She did agree even if not at fault, Purdue would probably offer some sort of settlement rather than go to court.

That's more evidence than there is to the contrary. I'm not going to come on here and say I feel bad for someone, and then later evidence comes out that the individual actually did commit the action. His texts are pretty damning as well.

I used to think very highly of Isaac and I thought he was one of the better Purdue Ambassadors that we have had. Now... not so much.
Why? He's the same young man he was when he broke his elbow. He's the same young man who led his team, who went to war and brought glory to Purdue.

My opinion is this should never have reached the press, and should not even be discussed on this board.

Was he guilty of unprotected sex...evidently he was...but he's not the only one ever to do so. AND...if the PU health services gave him a "clean bill of health", shame on them

I would ask the mods to take this thread down.

Why? He's the same young man he was when he broke his elbow. He's the same young man who led his team, who went to war and brought glory to Purdue.

My opinion is this should never have reached the press, and should not even be discussed on this board.

Was he guilty of unprotected sex...evidently he was...but he's not the only one ever to do so. AND...if the PU health services gave him a "clean bill of health", shame on them

There are many things said on this board that should be deleted. And are NOT. Why should Haas be exempt from discussion while many of us posters are called names on a daily basis? Haas made the Indy Star. He's newsworthy and public.

Reactions: Purdue85

Highly disagree.

Is he the same young man? Yes, but he isn't the same young man in the public's eye. He did something incredibly stupid, and others should learn from it.

This should be something every young student/athlete hears about. Not just in the abstract, but with a specific, concrete example of someone known. "Dude, if it can happen to Isaac, it can happen to you. Take note."

Is it his . . . "personal life"?

Well, yes. But he's someone in the public eye. And his behavior is not a positive reflection. We cannot . . . we SHOULD not . . . hide poor behavior of athletes from the public.

Should all items about the Cleveland cavs player also be deleted from Cleveland oriented forums? Should we not discuss what Trump does when not at home?

There are many things said on this board that should be deleted. And are NOT. Why should Haas be exempt from discussion while many of us posters are called names on a daily basis? Haas made the Indy Star. He's newsworthy and public.

Somewhat agree. The point you made, that he's in the press, completely destroys any argument that this should not be discussed in a Purdue basketball forum.

The topic is larger than basketball, the topic is: LIFE.

I've learned more from others mistakes than I have my own successes. And, I've learned more from my OWN mistakes than I have others mistakes. This is ONE mistake we should help any and all avoid, by learning form IH's mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT