ADVERTISEMENT

Isaac Haas accused about lying about STDs...

Intentional isn't even in the equation. I'm positive he didn't have the intent to transfer his disease. However, if he knew about it (based on the texts he did), then he's a scrumbag and should be punished. This incident could literally ruin this girl's life. Who is going to date/marry someone with herpes?
Many people date and marry people with herpes.

Reactions: big10best
Gross? Well, you better find someone clean now then......
According to DatingWithHerpes.org (DWH.org) about 45-60 million Americans have genital herpes. That's roughly 14-20 per cent of the U.S. population. And this statistic only includes the people who are aware that they have the virus. According to DWH.org "Most people with genital herpes have infrequent, mild, or no noticeable symptoms, and 90 per cent of them are totally unaware that they even have it." And that, according to DWH.org is because "surprisingly, most doctors do NOT include a blood test for herpes even when they are testing their patients for other common STDs."

That's roughly 1 out of every 5 people..........so your next partner might be a gamble

Reactions: big10best
According to DatingWithHerpes.org (DWH.org) about 45-60 million Americans have genital herpes. That's roughly 14-20 per cent of the U.S. population. And this statistic only includes the people who are aware that they have the virus. According to DWH.org "Most people with genital herpes have infrequent, mild, or no noticeable symptoms, and 90 per cent of them are totally unaware that they even have it." And that, according to DWH.org is because "surprisingly, most doctors do NOT include a blood test for herpes even when they are testing their patients for other common STDs."

That's roughly 1 out of every 5 people..........so your next partner might be a gamble
I'm married. We started dating when we were 13. I think I'll be okay.

"Isaac, you gave me herpes! I thought you had Chlamydia and it cleared up..."

tenor.gif
There's a lot going on in the background that i never noticed. Like for instance the guy in the top right flipping off carsen.

I'm married. We started dating when we were 13. I think I'll be okay.
I think that's great. How many others do you know that have confined their sexual partner to one person? I had a sister who married a man with AIDS. You probably think that is gross too. But he was infected by a bad blood transfusion years ago. Both have since passed but neither one died of AIDS. BTW, they had two children and neither one was infected with the virus and neither was my sister. Not everything is as cut and dried as you make it seem.

I think that's great. How many others do you know that have confined their sexual partner to one person? I had a sister who married a man with AIDS. You probably think that is gross too. But he was infected by a bad blood transfusion years ago. Both have since passed but neither one died of AIDS. BTW, they had two children and neither one was infected with the virus and neither was my sister. Not everything is as cut and dried as you make it seem.
That's fine. Many people would not marry someone with AIDS or Herpes. Her potential match pool just got a lot smaller. Especially because her name is being blasted by every media outlet. Again though, most of you are on here defending the wrong person.

That's fine. Many people would not marry someone with AIDS or Herpes. Her potential match pool just got a lot smaller. Especially because her name is being blasted by every media outlet. Again though, most of you are on here defending the wrong person.
Again, "most"? I'm not defending Haas and I'm not defending the young lady. I don't know enough about it yet to make any kind of determination about either one. All I have said is that this young woman is going to have her sexual history paraded around for anyone interested in following it to read. I can also say that "most" of what I have read appears to be of the same mindset I have. It's a very sad situation for both of them. If Isaac knew and had sex that's extremely damning. As to,the young lady, it takes two people to have unprotected sex.

Some more very interesting stats...........

• About one out of five people in the United States has genital herpes.
    • That’s more than 50 million people in the United States who have genital herpes.
    • 85% of people with genital herpes don’t know they have it.
    • That’s 42 million Americans who are unaware they have genital herpes.
    • Genital herpes is the most prevalent viral STD.
Men vs. Women with genital herpes

• About 25% of women have genital herpes. That’s one in four.
    • About 20% of men have genital herpes. That’s one in five.
Symptoms and Outbreaks

• A study showed that of infected women, 60% had never had any symptoms or outbreaks.¹
    • The average number of outbreaks in those who have them is 4 or 5 outbreaks per year. However, some people only have one or two outbreaks and never experience one again.
    • Asymptomatic carriers, those without outbreaks, can still spread herpes, though usually half as often as those who have symptoms.²
Transmission rates

• The likelihood of passing genital herpes to a partner is highest during an outbreak (times when a sore is present).
    • When a person is not experiencing an outbreak, there is a 4-10% chance of transmitting it. (Studies vary)
According to studies done by Valtrex, these are the rates of transmission per year of regular sex:

• If partners avoid sex during outbreaks: 4% chance transmission from female to male; 8% male to female
    • If partners also use condoms or antiviral medication: 2% female to male; 4% per year male to female
    • If partners also use condoms and antiviral medications: 1% female to male; 2% male to female
Herpes Statistics in Specific Populations

• Genital herpes affects more Black than White Americans: 39.2% of the overall Black population, with 48% of Black women affected.³
    • The largest increasing population is white teenagers.⁴
    • One in four American teenagers has an STD.
    • 50-75% of unmarried American women between 45 and 50 have genital herpes.⁵
    • Globally, an estimated 536 million people are infected.⁶
How Common is Herpes-1? Oral Herpes Statistics (HSV-1)

• 50-80% of Americans have oral herpes (HSV-1).

This is not a 1 way street. Very sad for all. It's just now she said I want a mill. Another poster said all the sorority girls knew he was positive. Not sure if Isaac will land a professional contract or not but sounds like whatever he does his future earnings are wanted by this young lady. She not only after him, she involved Purdue. I love the lawyer sending letters to Mitch Daniels and Matt Painter.

Many times, it's all in the circle in which you run....

It doesn't have to be "one person", and it doesn't have to be such an extreme as AIDS.

Nobody made anything seem "cut and dried".

This is a serious issue. Let's treat it that way without demonizing the forum.

[QUOTE="Purdue85, post:
But, it's not like Haas is going to go around wearing a scarlet letter.[/QUOTE]

With the pub this is getting, he already is.

Young and making mistakes. Not good.

Pro tip: never admit to anything; double never over text message/email. Take all reasonable medical and legal measures to address the situation at hand for self and others, but never, NEVER cop to anything unless so ordered.
So in other words, only accept responsibility for your actions if you are forced to do so?

Young and making mistakes. Not good.

Pro tip: never admit to anything; double never over text message/email. Take all reasonable medical and legal measures to address the situation at hand for self and others, but never, NEVER cop to anything unless so ordered.
So in other words, only accept responsibility for your actions if you are forced to do so?

That’s your opinion of my statement; definitely support your right to incorrectly interpret what I was saying though.

Simply put: written admission of guilt on what could be a criminal situation is a no-no. Joe Blow or athlete; shut up and get some counsel on how to handle before giving another lawyer the ammo to bury you.

That’s your opinion of my statement; definitely support your right to incorrectly interpret what I was saying though.

Simply put: written admission of guilt on what could be a criminal situation is a no-no. Joe Blow or athlete; shut up and get some counsel on how to handle before giving another lawyer the ammo to bury you.
Perhaps had you said this, I would not have misunderstood what you were trying to convey.
Clearly, if it is from the legal advice side I would agree wholeheartedly, but life isn't, or shouldn't, always be limited to considering only the legal world, and many times doing or saying what is "right" doesn't always correspond to the best choice in the "legal" view.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I've heard from multiple Purdue students I work with that everyone on campus knows someone that Haas has slept with. That's obviously an exaggeration, but you get the point. As a result, while sad, this story isn't that surprising to me.
And my uncle Joe said that Haas' cousin told him that the numbers are far greater than the number Wilt Chamberlin bedded. See...that's how these rumors get started.:mad:

Are you blaming the media now? She brought a civil suit. Again, a civil suit is MUCH different than a criminal case. Equating them as the same is not right with the expectation her name wouldn't be mentioned. Also, the girl that's part of the suit is the one we should feel bad for - she requested to stay out of it and then the girl sued her - not exactly sure for what other than a couple messages where she didn't seem to do more than egg her on - and then retract it as a heat of the moment comment.

Perhaps had you said this, I would not have misunderstood what you were trying to convey.
Clearly, if it is from the legal advice side I would agree wholeheartedly, but life isn't, or shouldn't, always be limited to considering only the legal world, and many times doing or saying what is "right" doesn't always correspond to the best choice in the "legal" view.

Your second paragraph is a fair point.

Are you blaming the media now? She brought a civil suit. Again, a civil suit is MUCH different than a criminal case. Equating them as the same is not right with the expectation her name wouldn't be mentioned. Also, the girl that's part of the suit is the one we should feel bad for - she requested to stay out of it and then the girl sued her - not exactly sure for what other than a couple messages where she didn't seem to do more than egg her on - and then retract it as a heat of the moment comment.
I feel sorry for both women in this situation, and no I'm not blaming the media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT