ADVERTISEMENT

Is Painter getting a pass?

False. The guys has been to 2 sweet 16's and won 1 CO-B1G championship in a decade. Yet many here treat him as if he has done all of these great things. He may in time, but until then, I'm not going to treat him like coach K or Calipari or Izzo.
But yet you pretty much ignore everything else Painter does and constantly circle around the small bump in the road that he most obviously has overcome and crap all over even getting a 5 star. Got it.

False. The guys has been to 2 sweet 16's and won 1 CO-B1G championship in a decade. Yet many here treat him as if he has done all of these great things. He may in time, but until then, I'm not going to treat him like coach K or Calipari or Izzo.
I'd buy Painter a beer. I'd give the other three a Miller Lite.

We played MSU, WIsconsin and Maryland once. I think we were the ony team in the top 3-4 that played the other teams at the top of the conference only once. That's what I meant by "favorable".

Turning that perspective on it's head, we did not get the second opportunity to beat those teams either.

:cool:
We played MSU at MSU and Wisky at Wisky. If we played either of those teams at home I think we win. We played Maryland in the second or third game of the conference schedule. We improved quite a bit from that time to when we played the second half of the league schedule.

At least get it right. Painter's won a BIG Championship and a BTT title.

Painter will never get a pass on this board. If he wins the BIG10 Championship, goes undefeated, wins the National Title, this board will complain that it took him too long. Then they will get upset that we missed out on recruits. Then when we get a couple great recruits and a solid cast they will complain about the ones we missed.

I would love to find out if you are right. We'll see after the next national title.

The "haters" don't hate Painter. We just think it's time to move on to another coach. Painter knows more about college basketball than any of us (lighten up Clarence, you don't know as much as you think you do) but I myself come from a results oriented background. If you ain't reaching the organizations goals...good luck with your endeavors. I would have liked to have seen a token run at Bobby Hurley or Avery Johnson this off season.

Posters like cprh9u are putting team first ahead of coach. I don't think cpr has called painter a hypocritical douchenozzle or called painter an idiot like mathboy likes to call the haters.

So, are the haters going to complain after the next nat champ.? Nope. Does painter's track record suggest he will lead us to it? Nope. What's our record in the painter era without Robbie on the team? Should we move on? Yup.

Hater=someone who wants and expects more from this program. To be a fan and not be pissed off at mediocrity is unimaginable.

Reactions: cprh9u
I would love to find out if you are right. We'll see after the next national title.

The "haters" don't hate Painter. We just think it's time to move on to another coach. Painter knows more about college basketball than any of us (lighten up Clarence, you don't know as much as you think you do) but I myself come from a results oriented background. If you ain't reaching the organizations goals...good luck with your endeavors. I would have liked to have seen a token run at Bobby Hurley or Avery Johnson this off season.

Posters like cprh9u are putting team first ahead of coach. I don't think cpr has called painter a hypocritical douchenozzle or called painter an idiot like mathboy likes to call the haters.

So, are the haters going to complain after the next nat champ.? Nope. Does painter's track record suggest he will lead us to it? Nope. What's our record in the painter era without Robbie on the team? Should we move on? Yup.

Hater=someone who wants and expects more from this program. To be a fan and not be pissed off at mediocrity is unimaginable.
Good Lord you haters are just dense. Thank God none of you are in a position to make decisions like this or we'd be going through coaches every 5 years or less.

I mean first last season when team was struggling it was something like "these bums will never win another game". Which then was proven wrong. Or it was "Painter will never land a 5 star". Which then was proven wrong. I could go on and on but you hopefully get the point now.

You and none of the other haters have any clue as to what the future is going to hold and if you think by crapping all over the coach for no reason is supporting the team, then I have some swamp land on the moon to sell you.

Who on earth is treating him like Coach K or Izzo?

Nobody is. You're just THAT extreme with your constant criticism and harping.

Good Lord you haters are just dense. Thank God none of you are in a position to make decisions like this or we'd be going through coaches every 5 years or less.

I mean first last season when team was struggling it was something like "these bums will never win another game". Which then was proven wrong. Or it was "Painter will never land a 5 star". Which then was proven wrong. I could go on and on but you hopefully get the point now.

You and none of the other haters have any clue as to what the future is going to hold and if you think by crapping all over the coach for no reason is supporting the team, then I have some swamp land on the moon to sell you.

Cool, now we're dense.

Don't recall any sensible hater calling anyone a "bum". You are right though, many were wondering if we could ever get a 5 star.

My apologies but your last run on sentence kind of lost me, but I will take you up on that moon thing as long as it makes me money.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to drop momma off at the coin laundry and head to work to flip burgers (garsh, I hope someone wants some special sauce)

Cool, now we're dense.

Don't recall any sensible hater calling anyone a "bum". You are right though, many were wondering if we could ever get a 5 star.

My apologies but your last run on sentence kind of lost me, but I will take you up on that moon thing as long as it makes me money.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to drop momma off at the coin laundry and head to work to flip burgers (garsh, I hope someone wants some special sauce)
Correction, it wasn't many wondering it was just a few. And calling me out on internet message board grammar? Wow, that got me. You must be 12.

We played MSU at MSU and Wisky at Wisky. If we played either of those teams at home I think we win. We played Maryland in the second or third game of the conference schedule. We improved quite a bit from that time to when we played the second half of the league schedule.

In the first B1G game at Madison, we led most of the game [with a pretty quiet croud], until about 1/2 way through the 2nd half, when turnovers started to pile up. Turnovers were our kryptonite last season. Sure hope that changes early on this season, it better. In the B1G, the only game we lost by double figures, was the at MSU game, late in the season. Our guard & team play was getting noticeably better & better, late in the season [if you throw out the MSU loss]. Even the MSU game, I think we were in it/close at halftime [may have led even?]. Then the wheels fell off.

Why do you dismiss the records when Robbie was on the team? Next are you going to dismiss the records when Swanigan is on the team?

That is exactly what he and the others will do.

I could completely understand frustration if we were talking about our football program's demise. But to act like we're nobody in college basketball is absurd. In "reality" we're probably doing about as well as we should be - the only programs that have been better than us during Painter's tenure are teams that are much better funded or already had the success very well established - but will continue to find ways to improve.

I find it laughable for people to say they want to move on from Painter while we have a football program in shambles over the last several years and nothing significantly positive looking forward.

I don't recall ever using the term "hypocritical douchenozzle", but that's alright. I don't think you got much else right either. I rarely revert to name calling. Usually, those I respond to have laid their own bed. I simply point out where they are laying (or is that lying? I always confuse the use of those words...)

As for equating "Hater" to those with high expectations, again, you've got it wrong. I also have high expectations for the team. Most of us do. What I don't have is erroneous and misunderstood conceptions of what it takes to get there. Most of those "hater" posts you reference have enormous holes in their logic, or they misrepresent the facts. Many times inconvenient facts are simply left out.

I will contest many of those hater posts, pointing out where the errors are. That is, unless I sense the poster is just trolling for a reaction.

:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kesselschmiede
Hey, I've given CMP plenty of credit where credit is due recently in landing CS and fielding a top 25ish team, but recruiting 2 recent 4 star PG's and then having them leave before they are upperclassmen b/c it is well known they clash with Painter is pretty crappy. I still have high hopes for this team, but they could be a top 10 type with a really good PG.

Negatroid. You are only happy when you are miserable.

Who on earth is treating him like Coach K or Izzo?

Nobody is. You're just THAT extreme with your constant criticism and harping.

Actually, many post in jest "fire Coach K" or "Fire Izzo" when one of those teams lose to a mediocre team. Also many will say "look at Coach K's first several years... good thing Duke didn't give up on him". Lot's of people here do treat them on similar ground. I will wait for your intelligent response. Oh wait...

Negatroid. You are only happy when you are miserable.

I was as happy as anyone when we exceeded expectations and started winning in league play last year and when we landed Swanigan, which has been Painters biggest weakness. Look at my history, full of positive posts about those situations. However, I really do wish we had a better PG because CMP has assembled a really good team outside of that position. Nonetheless, next year will be a fun year. You can be mad at me because I'm not excited about the PG position and wish we could have turned RJ or Bryson into a decent option that stayed. I can handle it.

I was as happy as anyone when we exceeded expectations and started winning in league play last year and when we landed Swanigan, which has been Painters biggest weakness. Look at my history, full of positive posts about those situations. However, I really do wish we had a better PG because CMP has assembled a really good team outside of that position. Nonetheless, next year will be a fun year. You can be mad at me because I'm not excited about the PG position and wish we could have turned RJ or Bryson into a decent option that stayed. I can handle it.

Not at all mad at you. Pity is a much better word.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT