ADVERTISEMENT

Iran’s Response

Trump has a chance to come out smelling like a rose on this. It would appear crisis has been avoided with zero harm done to the US after we took out their terrorist 2nd in command. Its looking like a best case scenario for us.

WHAT F'g UNIVERSE DO YOU LIVE IN ??!! Do you not understand that there are another SEVEN BILLION people on Planet Earth, besides YOU ??
READ something, for Christ's sake !!! Presidential historians - those with decades of journalistic credentials, credibility and professional reputations.....HAVE ALREADY WEIGHED IN ON THIS SUBJECT !! UNDERSTAND. No more " time is needed, for the most part, for the consideration.
You and I don't count - UNDERSTAND ?? CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND I AREN'T GOING TO BE RANKING THE WORLD'S MATHEMATICIANS OR PHYSICISTS ??
AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO BE RANKING THIS COUNTRY'S PRESIDENTS, EITHER !!
THEY are.
GET IT ??
You despise #44 and every thing he ever said or did. Whatever, Dude.
You're opinion is worth no more than all the other people in this country who don't have 1/1,000th of the
required background to ever be consulted about this.

ARE
WE
CLEAR
???

Dude...quit yelling. You're hurting my ears.

What a surprise....you're taking the side of the enemy. Are you still mourning the death of Solemani? That poor bastard. Just dirt surfin now.
I love it when Israel bombs the hell out of the Hezbollah and Hamas after they launch an attack. I'd like to see the response be 20X, instead of 10X. Disproportionate..my ass. Teach them a lesson that there's a huge price to be paid.
I expect Trump to have a strong response to yesterdays rocket attacks. If Iran is testing him, they'll soon regret it.
That's the same bullshit conservatives spouted in creating the Iraq War. If you don't support reckless military action then you actually support terrorists. It's lazy dishonest bullshit.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
That's the same bullshit conservatives spouted in creating the Iraq War. If you don't support reckless military action then you actually support terrorists. It's lazy dishonest bullshit.
You, me and no one else has any idea what our military and intelligence department knows. We just go off what we see in the news. Period. Then we form an opinion as to what we personally believe the response should or shouldn't be.
People in much more important positions than us are making those decisions and then we choose to agree or disagree with them.
Some of us believe in a very strong global military presence, the defense of American interests, both domestic and abroad, offensive maneuvers against our enemies and retaliation in response to aggression.

Not when it's the enemy and supporters of terrorism. Too bad we didn't just drop a few bombs on the whole protest parade.
Killing scores of civilians.
Yeah, too bad.
We haven't been able to enjoy a World War and world condemnation in SUCH a long time, now !!!

Killing scores of civilians.
Yeah, too bad.
We haven't been able to enjoy a World War and world condemnation in SUCH a long time, now !!!

I realize this is a bad day for you...you know, Trump with another international victory, markets hitting new highs, Trump's approval rating growing again.
Don't worry, maybe someone will make a racist claim against him next week to take some of this shine off.

I realize this is a bad day for you...you know, Trump with another international victory, markets hitting new highs, Trump's approval rating growing again.
Don't worry, maybe someone will make a racist claim against him next week to take some of this shine off.
You made one correct statement there, the market part, not a bad ratio for your typical posts.

What a surprise....you're taking the side of the enemy. Are you still mourning the death of Solemani? That poor bastard. Just dirt surfin now.
I love it when Israel bombs the hell out of the Hezbollah and Hamas after they launch an attack. I'd like to see the response be 20X, instead of 10X. Disproportionate..my ass. Teach them a lesson that there's a huge price to be paid.
I expect Trump to have a strong response to yesterdays rocket attacks. If Iran is testing him, they'll soon regret it.
"Taking the side of the enemy"
You're just not "all there", bone. I did NO such thing, for Godssake.
Hell, for all we know...you'd actually prefer to send 150 ICBM's to Iranian targets, engaging Russia in potential thermonuclear engagement for both of OUR countries.

Settle down, Cowboy. The US does not have the legal or moral authority to engage Iran in a 10x, much less a 20x response to events THAT DON"T INVOLVE UNITED STATES TERRITORY OR ITS CIVILIANS !!
Know even a rudimentary amount of International Law ?? You know,...….7th grade-level stuff ??
Easy, now.

Last edited:
The Market has hit hundreds upon hundreds of "new highs" throughout the last eleven years. Hardly news. And hardly the result of Trump's one-of-a-kind economic stewardship..
FYI: Good day, so far...why wouldn't it be ??…..
FYI #2 : When a US President does the ONLY thing that any & all rational Presidents would do....
he ain't exactly movin' up in the next Nobel Peace Prize Award current standings...

Reactions: indy35
I know the linked article describes Mr. Lieberman as a Democrat, but my recollection is that since 2006 when he became an Independent he has never rejoined the Democrats and has continually floated toward Republican affiliation despite caucusing with Democrats in the Senate, although never actually affiliating. I would appreciate any information you have that might update my mentioned recollections.
As luck would have it, I saw an interview with Mr. Lieberman this evening wherein he indicates he is still registered to vote as a Democrat and is one.
So, I guess that I will take grudgingly take him at his word.

I know it absolutely grinds on you to see Trump having success internationally, but like I said before, I think even you might have enough intelligence to believe that Trump consulted a lot of experts before giving the OK to drop the bomb on Solemani's head.
He probably got a bunch of different opinions, evaluated them with his closest advisors, weighed the options and consequences, and then made a decision that he felt was best in America's interest.
That's called strength. That's called leadership.

Actually, he got angry watching tv. Blowing up Solemani was considered the most extreme option.

"After initially rejecting the Suleimani option on Dec. 28 and authorizing airstrikes on an Iranian-backed Shiite militia group instead, a few days later Mr. Trump watched, fuming, as television reports showed Iranian-backed attacks on the American Embassy in Baghdad, according to Defense Department and administration officials. By late Thursday, the president had gone for the extreme option. Top Pentagon officials were stunned."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/04/us/politics/trump-suleimani.html

apparently part of the response was to shoot a surface to air missile into a passenger plane. oops. then blame engine failure on a plane that can fly with one engine...

Actually, he got angry watching tv. Blowing up Solemani was considered the most extreme option.

"After initially rejecting the Suleimani option on Dec. 28 and authorizing airstrikes on an Iranian-backed Shiite militia group instead, a few days later Mr. Trump watched, fuming, as television reports showed Iranian-backed attacks on the American Embassy in Baghdad, according to Defense Department and administration officials. By late Thursday, the president had gone for the extreme option. Top Pentagon officials were stunned."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/04/us/politics/trump-suleimani.html
thats some fake news. ap already reported on how it happened.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/03/donald-trump-iran-soleimani-093371

Last edited:
apparently part of the response was to shoot a surface to air missile into a passenger plane. oops. then blame engine failure on a plane that can fly with one engine...
Particularly a bad idea when there is a cell phone video seeming to show something that would be very hard to accept as an incident of engine failure occurring.

"Taking the side of the enemy"
You're just not "all there", bone. I did NO such thing, for Godssake.
Hell, for all we know...you'd actually prefer to send 150 ICBM's to Iranian targets, engaging Russia in potential thermonuclear engagement for both of OUR countries.

Settle down, Cowboy. The US does not have the legal or moral authority to engage Iran in a 10x, much less a 20x response to events THAT DON"T INVOLVE UNITED STATES TERRITORY OR ITS CIVILIANS !!
Know even a rudimentary amount of International Law ?? You know,...….7th grade-level stuff ??
Easy, now.
Dub....that would be "God's sake".

And...BTW, how did our sources know where those Iranian missiles were going to land with enough time to get folks out of harm's way? Think the Iranians decided to show a bit of bluster and informed us where they were aimed for to keep the wrath of Trump Hell from falling on their heads.

oh wow is there really a video? lol...those idiots
It was claimed that a student was outside with his cell phone and captured a bit of it. It's difficult to determine what is exactly going on but the light of the plane moves across the dark. There appears perhaps to be some movement, a bright flash than after a brief time a fireball at the crash site. It may well have been a fake or something else because I haven't been able to locate it since it was aired earlier.

oh wow is there really a video? lol...those idiots

It was claimed that a student was outside with his cell phone and captured a bit of it. It's difficult to determine what is exactly going on but the light of the plane moves across the dark. There appears perhaps to be some movement, a bright flash than after a brief time a fireball at the crash site. It may well have been a fake or something else because I haven't been able to locate it since it was aired earlier.
Here it is...

And...BTW, how did our sources know where those Iranian missiles were going to land with enough time to get folks out of harm's way? Think the Iranians decided to show a bit of bluster and informed us where they were aimed for to keep the wrath of Trump Hell from falling on their heads.
Oh, thanks, Mr. Merriam-Webster . Godsake or Godssake are slang combinations of two words. If I had to correct all of your spelling, punctuation and usage errors...……my hard drive would be shot....

Last edited:
I'm painting with the proper brush. Yes, our acquisitions professionals are detached from the actual needs of field commanders, and make poor decisions based on shotty information usually informed by the contractors selling them proposals. More often than you apparently think, needs are written around proposals in order to funnel work to defense contractors. These are essentially sales calls. I am not accusing the acquisition corps of being dirty or underhanded. I am accusing them of being out of touch with what commanders actually need.

You are right. Defense contractors spend money on R&D, but it's more often than not funded by the government, and often results in limited practical utility to the military. There are only loose controls on this, and like everything else, are subject to political lobbies and sales pitches to politicians on the appropriate committees. The government shouldn't subsidize idiotic R&D ventures, but right now, those big contractors know that all they have to do is throw some stuff at the wall, and someone will buy it if they can produce a good enough sales pitch to the right politician. I'm speaking on this from personal experience. I have worked on mission systems which were purchased without a matching need, and then massaged into areas where maybe they could fit, until after about 20 years and billions of dollars spent it was determined that they were obsolete and did not fulfill the need. This happens all. the. time.

You're a conservative. You know about the importance of private industry. And you probably believe that private industry should be held to account for poor risk decisions... except, apparently, in defense, where you believe they should be given a blank check to do with as they please. Just yet another one of the great hypocrisies of conservatism these days...

We make ship building choices based on providing work to the shipyards that have the right politicians lobbying for them. We shoehorn systems developed by contractors at the risk of the contractor into defense uses in order to ensure that contractor doesn't lose too much money because they invested their own funds into it. In short - and you allude to this - we make acquisitions choices to keep the military-industrial complex running, not based on needs in the field. That's not right.

Do you know what a UONS is? Do you know how expensive it is to execute that? Are you aware that that's how we've fielded the majority of our active mission systems in the major theaters recently in order to react to threats we've known about for literally decades?

No, I don't think you have the first ****ing clue what you're talking about. But we can continue to do this if you want, and I can start listing systems and expenditures as examples while you spout off about generalities and other nonsense that has nothing to do with the acquisitions process because you're trying to equate it to a $1000 hammer. The system is broken. Period. McCain was right, but few other politicians are interested in fixing it because it's not in their best political or financial interest. Instead, the taxpayers pay for shit we don't need, add to the government debt, and idiots run around touting how great Trump is because he's given the DOD a blank check to continue burning tax dollars at a ridiculous rate because MAGA.

Come at me with your Wikipedia research and something you read on Fox News or talked to someone at the American Legion about, bro. You're out of your element.
Suck me, you arrogant prick. Just because you were an end user in the Navy, especially related to boats and ship-related mission systems doesn't mean you know much about how most IRAD is done especially for other services or how company-funded IRAD works. It's NOT considered IRAD if the government pays for it directly. IRAD is company-funded internal research and development. CRAD is contract research and development. IRAD is not refunded directly by the government - it can be refunded via rates (indirectly), but that's only a fraction of the dollar.

UONs = Urgent Operational Need(s). Again, this is a specific situation that an end user like yourself may have seen on the ocean/in the field, but from my experience, most development is not done for the government customer this way. Ships/ship systems take forever to mature and field, and so the Navy often employs UONs to get technology out to the end users sooner than they would otherwise. I'm sorry, but LCS is not a typical program. In any way - from what I've seen. I've only been doing this for nearly 30 years. It's sheer arrogance on your part to assume what you know about me or my background. (HINT: I manage IRAD and CRAD for a living. Your UONs example is not typical at all for what most government contractors do. AT ALL.)

It I'm not going to go into details on this board with you or anyone else because of my position and my clearances/OPSEC privileges. Not going to do it. I don't work on NAVSEA Programs. Most of our work is for the Army, some for the Air Force, and some for the Marines and the Navy. (Yes, the Marines are contracted through the Navy, but the Marines manage their own programs. The Marines are easy to work with. The Navy is the most difficult branch to work with from my experience. I've worked with Navy Commanders years ago who later became Admirals. I know many Army Generals (some in the so-called "six pack"), Colonels, and Majors quite well. Some are currently in the field, some are in the Pentagon.)

I'm sorry, but you cannot take your limited view of development and extrapolate it out to other services or situations. LCS is not typical.

Not only was the base informed on what the targets would be, but an early warning system was also utilized.
Iran fired those missiles to save face and show some sort of response to their general public. It was their idea of 'retaliation' and show of force. Granted, their very happy no one was injured but they'll puff their chest out that at least they pushed the button.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Oh, thanks, Mr. Merrium-Webster . Godsake or Godssake are slang combinations of two words. If I had to correct all of your spelling, punctuation and usage errors...……my hard drive would be shot....
Little bit touchy today? Since you need proof and links, here's proof.

From Grammarist:
SPELLING
For God’s sake
By the usual standards of English grammar, the irreverent utterance of exasperation should be for God’s sake, with an apostrophe to show that god’s is possessive and with sake in the singular form, but the phrase appears idiomatically in several other forms—for example:

Little bit touchy today? Since you need proof and links, here's proof.

From Grammarist:
SPELLING
For God’s sake
By the usual standards of English grammar, the irreverent utterance of exasperation should be for God’s sake, with an apostrophe to show that god’s is possessive and with sake in the singular form, but the phrase appears idiomatically in several other forms—for example:
Can you READ ???!!!
I'm DAMN sure I was aware of the correct usage of "God's sake" when I knowingly and deliberately used a slang, bastardized version of the expression.

Got it ?? Again, ….if you're having trouble reading these posts....there's a Junior High School within driving distance for you...….FULL of 7th-graders who can give you a hand !!!

hmm hard to tell. but if that is the plane, that's the world's craziest engine failure...i'm gonna stay with shot down by iran...

Yup, that's how it's looking. Crazy sad and unnecessary.
It almost sardonic given Iran's regular taking America to task over the Navy's terrible erroneous shoot down of Iran Air 655 by the USS Vincennes.

Can you READ ???!!!
I'm DAMN sure I was aware of the correct usage of "God's sake" when I knowingly and deliberately used a slang, bastardized version of the expression.

Got it ?? Again, ….if you're having trouble reading these posts....there's a Junior High School within driving distance for you...….FULL of 7th-graders who can give you a hand !!!
You f'd it up Dubs. Plain and simple. You f'd it up. And now your lying Democrat side is trying to cover it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT