ADVERTISEMENT

Iran’s Response

I know it absolutely grinds on you to see Trump having success internationally, but like I said before, I think even you might have enough intelligence to believe that Trump consulted a lot of experts before giving the OK to drop the bomb on Solemani's head.
He probably got a bunch of different opinions, evaluated them with his closest advisors, weighed the options and consequences, and then made a decision that he felt was best in America's interest.
That's called strength. That's called leadership.
" That's called strength. That's called leadership".......
Like a lot of decisions of this nature: the final verdict of just what KIND of strength and leadership is involved, here, will have to await history's determination.
Not until.
The assassination of Austrian Archduke Ferdinand in June, 1914 , after FOUR DAYS.....probably didn't look all that ominous . Ordered by some "strong leader", no doubt. Four and a half YEARS later came the world's decision on that event. Just a footnote for people thinking that the jury, on this deal , might only need FOUR DAYS for that "strength/leadership" judgment.......

Last edited:
" That's called strength. That's called leadership".......
Like a lot of decisions of this nature: the final verdict of just what KIND of strength and leadership is involved, here, will have to await history's determination.
Not until.
The assassination of Austrian Archduke Ferdinand in June, 1914 , after FOUR DAYS.....probably didn't look all that ominous . Ordered by some "strong leader", no doubt. Four and a half YEARS later came the world's decision on that event. Just a footnote for people thing that the jury, on this deal , might only need FOUR DAYS for that "strength/leadership" judgment.......

So, are you not in favor of killing terrorists or others who have American blood on their hands?

I can almost hear you rooting for an attack on Americans.
So because I point out the complete idiocy of your post........that you're drawing conclusions about Iranian reaction after 4 days......I'm somehow supportive of terrorists and wish for attacks on Americans.

You know that's not true.......but it makes you feel better to make ridiculous accusations rather than admit your post was uninformed, poorly thought out, and reactionary.
In other words you're saying if I don't get in line with your beliefs it meansI hate America.
That's lazy and shows you're not a serious person. Why don't you tell us again how you didn't vote for trump and probably won't vote for him next time.

So, are you not in favor of killing terrorists or others who have American blood on their hands?
Try to take a broader view of it all, bone. In a microcosm of this latest act, the US military has turned down thousands (I would guess) of opportunities , in the last 18 yrs., to kill terrorists (and others) who bore responsibility for killing Americans. Why ?? Collateral damage. CONSEQUENCES of killing those targets, i.e. innocents also being killed.
Just saying that killing Iran's SECOND MOST IMPORTANT leader is not a risk-free operation. Too many eventual outcomes, here, to mention.
If you don't think that DEAD Americans, and Mideast military conflict will figure into the verdict of the Suleimani assassination order, then you're not thinking clearly.

So because I point out the complete idiocy of your post........that you're drawing conclusions about Iranian reaction after 4 days......I'm somehow supportive of terrorists and wish for attacks on Americans.

You know that's not true.......but it makes you feel better to make ridiculous accusations rather than admit your post was uninformed, poorly thought out, and reactionary.
In other words you're saying if I don't get in line with your beliefs it meansI hate America.
That's lazy and shows you're not a serious person. Why don't you tell us again how you didn't vote for trump and probably won't vote for him next time.
Two things: 1- you take this board WAY too seriously; and 2 - you are one angry person.
Peace out!

Two things: 1- you take this board WAY too seriously; and 2 - you are one angry person.
Peace out!
I'm not here to play patty cake with you or anybody else just looking for an argument to pass the time of day. Im here to try to have intelligent discussions about politics. Why don't you head over to 8chan or the main board and you can can circle jerk with like minded fools at your convenience.
If you say I hate America or are on the side of terrorists you're damn straight I take that seriously.

I'm not here to play patty cake with you or anybody else just looking for an argument to pass the time of day. Im here to try to have intelligent discussions about politics. Why don't you head over to 8chan or the main board and you can can circle jerk with like minded fools at your convenience.
If you say I hate America or are on the side of terrorists you're damn straight I take that seriously.
You're not here to have an intelligent discussion. Just be honest. You're here to do nothing more but belittle those who disagree with you. That's the problem with this board - there is NO discussion. Not one single person on here has every changed their opinion on an issue. Its like WWI on here - everyone dug into their trenches occasionally sticking their head up and getting shot at. But at the end of the day there is zero movement. Really pointless. Its why I left here for several months last year. its just a really piss poor way to spend one's day. Much more productive things we could all be doing with our lives.

You're not here to have an intelligent discussion. Just be honest. You're here to do nothing more but belittle those who disagree with you. That's the problem with this board - there is NO discussion. Not one single person on here has every changed their opinion on an issue. Its like WWI on here - everyone dug into their trenches occasionally sticking their head up and getting shot at. But at the end of the day there is zero movement. Really pointless. Its why I left here for several months last year. its just a really piss poor way to spend one's day. Much more productive things we could all be doing with our lives.
If Republicans were able to be persuaded by facts, logic, rational thought, truth, morality, etc., then we'd see some movement.

You (BuilderBob) are not here to have an intelligent discussion. Just be honest. You're here to do nothing more but belittle those who disagree with you. That's the problem with this board - there is NO discussion. Not one single person on here has every changed their opinion on an issue. Its like WWI on here - everyone dug into their trenches occasionally sticking their head up and getting shot at. But at the end of the day there is zero movement. Really pointless. Its why I left here for several months last year. its just a really piss poor way to spend one's day. Much more productive things we could all be doing with our lives.
When you mention to a poster, " I can almost hear you rooting for an attack on Americans "...
What, exactly, would you consider an appropriate level of rebuttal/blowback to that kind of message ??
That was a blatantly ugly statement. True, it followed the kind of posts that ALL of us, here, are known to elevate to
dual-at -dawn level......but to not recognize some kind of line to be drawn, is to invite all-out assault.
None of us turn the other cheek,here, but I'm glad that, at least, I've re-written a number of incendiary replies before hitting the "post " button....(many/most on this board are less confrontational than I) .......but - hoping for the best.
(sorry for the intrusion)

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
If Republicans were able to be persuaded by facts, logic, rational thought, truth, morality, etc., then we'd see some movement.
I really wish who was every behind this parody account would out themselves. Well done to whoever you are!

Try to take a broader view of it all, bone. In a microcosm of this latest act, the US military has turned down thousands (I would guess) of opportunities , in the last 18 yrs., to kill terrorists (and others) who bore responsibility for killing Americans. Why ?? Collateral damage. CONSEQUENCES of killing those targets, i.e. innocents also being killed.
Just saying that killing Iran's SECOND MOST IMPORTANT leader is not a risk-free operation. Too many eventual outcomes, here, to mention.
If you don't think that DEAD Americans, and Mideast military conflict will figure into the verdict of the Suleimani assassination order, then you're not thinking clearly.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Time will tell. But, I do believe that President Trump didn't make this decision haphazardly and without understanding all the potential outcomes. I think he has enough people advising him who have intimate knowledge (and I'm sure we've got some well compensated within the Iranian govt and military inner circle) of what might happen. Now we'll see.
But, what I do know, and what I think Iran knows, is that if they do retaliate against American interests or our allies, that Trump will hit them back 10X of whatever they do.
Do you really think Iran wants that?
I don't think they'll try him to see if he's bluffing because we all know Trump does what he says he's going to do.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Time will tell. But, I do believe that President Trump didn't make this decision haphazardly and without understanding all the potential outcomes. I think he has enough people advising him who have intimate knowledge (and I'm sure we've got some well compensated within the Iranian govt and military inner circle) of what might happen. Now we'll see.
But, what I do know, and what I think Iran knows, is that if they do retaliate against American interests or our allies, that Trump will hit them back 10X of whatever they do.
I don't think they'll try him to see if he's bluffing because we all know Trump does what he says he's going to do.
You know the ORIGIN of that "10x" thing you're using ??
Nazi Germany , in WW2 , had a 10x policy for responding to loss of life of German military or Nazi officials to those in Jewish ghettos in Germany or Polish residents of Warsaw, who fought back in resistance to the tyranny they faced.
Ironically, it was also the Israeli 10x policy in responding to terrorist attacks upon the citizens of their country, in the decades that followed,
particularly from rocket attacks from neighboring countries using Hezbollah, Hamas etc.
Rest assured, the grownups in the National Security apparatus of our country won't allow some INSANE ten-to-one proportionate response to expected Iranian reprisals, in the near future. They actually are governed by common sense, one would think, in trying to eliminate the chances of a much more serious conflict.

Iranian Legislature today unanimously voted to designate US military and the Pentagon as terrorist organizations and allocated $220 million to the Islamic Republic's Revolutionary Guard Corp's Quds Force to take revenge for Soleimani's death per USAToday article.
That doesn't seem to indicate that they are merely intent upon shrugging their shoulders and saying "But what can we possibly do against the strength of the US?"

This is why we screw up everything we try to accomplish in the ME.
In this case, you think Islamic fundamentalists think just like you do. Not even close.
We also thought Iraqis, once liberated from Saddam, would embrace freedom, democracy, a free market, and individual rights. Lol. Didn't work out that way.
We are so arrogant that we believe everybody thinks like we do.
Life doesn't mean the same thing to people that are willing to blow themselves up to get 70 virgins or whatever it is.

Trumpers in this thread are laughing about humans being trampled to death.

Another poster last week even mentioned turning the country into "glass."

The deplorables basket just keeps becoming more and more full.
the leftists continued worship of the ayatollah is deplorable. i made a joke on a message board. you openly support antisemite terrorists.

An Iranian presidential advisor posted a list showing all of Trump's properties including Mar-A-Largo. Trump may have to forego his trips to Mar-A-Largo if it is deemed too risky. I had not thought of personal attacks on Trump's properties. Also, a price of 80 million dollars was put on Trump's head.

Last edited:
now you've jumped the shark. Why would you ever want to get rid of this lovely thing? It's impossible for any waste to be present. Look at all the boxes!
DAUlarge.jpg
It’s color coded and everything!!

An Iranian presidential advisor posted a list showing all of Trump's properties including Mar-A-Largo. Trump may have to forego his trips to Mar-A-Largo if it is deemed too risky. I had not thought of personal attacks on Trump's properties. Also, a price of 80 million dollars was put on Trump's head.
You have to be kidding. Trump's properties have been a "target" since he took office.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Isn't that what the FARs and DFARs and thousands upon thousands of government auditors and contracting officers are supposed to be for? Who writes the government regs? If government contractors are violating the regs they are liable for fines, jail time, and debarment from further business.

The hoops government contractors have to jump through these days are very different than the days of $1,000 hammers.

Are there specific areas that are abused - I'm sure there are. But to imply that the great majority of government contractors are raping and pillaging American taxpayers these days is patently false.
I’m sorry, but you don’t know what you’re talking about. Yes, $1000 hammers doesn’t happen as much.

What does happen is exceptionally wasteful spending and contracts based on promises made by contractors to provide weapons that field commanders don’t actually need. And then when they figure out what they need, we UONS it at 1.5x cost or more to get it to the field faster. Meanwhile, the crap that the contractor developed and cost us hundreds of millions into the billions goes onto the scrap heap and we hope we learned something. Or worse, we field it because we have sunk costs into the hundreds of billions of dollars, and then tell field commanders to “figure out how to use it” because it isn’t going anywhere.

A big part of that problem comes when it’s Lockheed Martin or Northrop Grumman that wins the bid and then underperforms the contract. Those contractors are so big, the government can’t let them fail. So there is little recourse but to keep cutting them checks to pay for things we don’t need and that don’t fulfill requirements of missions we are actually undertaking.

So again, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Reactions: indy35
2003: “Taking out Saddam is strategically crazy & harms our national security”

GOP: “You support Saddam! You support terrorists!”

2016: GOP: “Iraq was Hillary’s fault!”

2020: “Taking our Suleimani is strategically crazy.”

GOP: “you support Suleimani! you support terrorists!”

The problem, Bob, is that most of the time you're incapable of intelligent discussions about politics on here because your sheer contempt of Trump and those who agree with his policies makes you post in hyperbolic ways. Trump lives in your head 24/7. It's not healthy for you.

Last edited:
TSB and I disagree a lot, but I’m pretty sure we are aligned with respect to the inefficiency and downright wastefulness of our acquisitions process.
Again, who writes the regs? Who writes the requirements documents and RFPs/BOAs/Sources Sought? Who evaluates the proposals and attends the regular, required reviews to evaluate what's being shown by the contractors?

IF you're contending that the government is inefficient and wasteful in some ways, I'd say I agree with you.

The problem, Bob, is that most of the time you're incapable of intelligent discussions about politics on here because your sheer contempt of Trump and those who agree with his policies makes you post in hyperbolic ways 90+% of the time. Trump lives in your head 24/7. It's not healthy for you.
Lol. I don't need your input on my health thank you.

I have contempt for trump because he's a disgusting human being and an incompetent, transactional, narcissistic president. There are reasons 60% of American's don't approve of him. You want to write it off as some disease, makes it easier for you to ignore or dismiss his many faults.

What crisis?

I’m sorry, but you don’t know what you’re talking about. Yes, $1000 hammers doesn’t happen as much.

What does happen is exceptionally wasteful spending and contracts based on promises made by contractors to provide weapons that field commanders don’t actually need. And then when they figure out what they need, we UONS it at 1.5x cost or more to get it to the field faster. Meanwhile, the crap that the contractor developed and cost us hundreds of millions into the billions goes onto the scrap heap and we hope we learned something. Or worse, we field it because we have sunk costs into the hundreds of billions of dollars, and then tell field commanders to “figure out how to use it” because it isn’t going anywhere.

A big part of that problem comes when it’s Lockheed Martin or Northrop Grumman that wins the bid and then underperforms the contract. Those contractors are so big, the government can’t let them fail. So there is little recourse but to keep cutting them checks to pay for things we don’t need and that don’t fulfill requirements of missions we are actually undertaking.

So again, you don’t know what you’re talking about.
That's a good one, gr8. I don't know what I'm talking about?

The government's acquisition processes aren't very good in some ways, agreed. Is it the contractor's fault that the government's acquisition folks often don't know what they want, or they don't include folks from the field to help in the requirements development or the downselection? You make it sound like the government acquisition folks are all naïve rubes continually duped by the evil contractors. You realize that the profit margins of government contractors on almost all types of contracts are limited by federal statute, don't you?

The large contractors that you bemoan have to invest their own R&D funds (to the tune of $billions of dollars) to develop the technologies, architectures, platforms, and systems the government branches say they want.

I know you were/are in the Navy, and I'm sure that there have been some very poor acquisitions in that branch. But you're painting with a very broad brush here. You're entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't mean you're right.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
That's a good one, gr8. I don't know what I'm talking about?

The government's acquisition processes aren't very good in some ways, agreed. Is it the contractor's fault that the government's acquisition folks often don't know what they want, or they don't include folks from the field to help in the requirements development or the downselection? You make it sound like the government acquisition folks are all naïve rubes continually duped by the evil contractors. You realize that the profit margins of government contractors on almost all types of contracts are limited by federal statute, don't you?

The large contractors that you bemoan have to invest their own R&D funds (to the tune of $billions of dollars) to develop the technologies, architectures, platforms, and systems the government branches say they want.

I know you were/are in the Navy, and I'm sure that there have been some very poor acquisitions in that branch. But you're painting with a very broad brush here. You're entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't mean you're right.
its not really about duping or being the duped. its about a process that is forced upon both the military and contractor that is horrendous. think of it like this, lets say you are going to buy a 20k car, would you spend 20k researching cars? hell no you could just buy 2, but the gov does that. and thats just step 1...i have over 10 years in acq. are you familiar with rmf risk management framework? another laugher of a process. mandated bloatware. dodaf? also hilarious. testing? they have their own directorate! atec for the army. its just so unimaginable if you've worked in private industry.

2003: “Taking out Saddam is strategically crazy & harms our national security”

GOP: “You support Saddam! You support terrorists!”

2016: GOP: “Iraq was Hillary’s fault!”

2020: “Taking our Suleimani is strategically crazy.”

GOP: “you support Suleimani! you support terrorists!”
"I'm drawing this big ol' line in the sand and you better not cross it. I double dog dare you to cross it." Sayeth the worst President of all time.

"I'm drawing this big ol' line in the sand and you better not cross it. I double dog dare you to cross it." Sayeth the worst President of all time.
To be clear:

This subject has already been covered on this board. B. Obama has already been placed in the top 12-20 ranking of presidents....BY THE COUNTRY'S MOST RESPECTED HISTORIANS, who have commented on this subject since he left office. More opinions to come, of course.
YOUR ranking has roughly the weight of that of the homeless person, who's living next to the 3rd trash bin from the right, in the 25th Street alley. I.e. - you don't have a milligram of credibility, in the matter.

You make it sound like the government acquisition folks are all naïve rubes continually duped by the evil contractors. You realize that the profit margins of government contractors on almost all types of contracts are limited by federal statute, don't you?

I'm painting with the proper brush. Yes, our acquisitions professionals are detached from the actual needs of field commanders, and make poor decisions based on shotty information usually informed by the contractors selling them proposals. More often than you apparently think, needs are written around proposals in order to funnel work to defense contractors. These are essentially sales calls. I am not accusing the acquisition corps of being dirty or underhanded. I am accusing them of being out of touch with what commanders actually need.

You are right. Defense contractors spend money on R&D, but it's more often than not funded by the government, and often results in limited practical utility to the military. There are only loose controls on this, and like everything else, are subject to political lobbies and sales pitches to politicians on the appropriate committees. The government shouldn't subsidize idiotic R&D ventures, but right now, those big contractors know that all they have to do is throw some stuff at the wall, and someone will buy it if they can produce a good enough sales pitch to the right politician. I'm speaking on this from personal experience. I have worked on mission systems which were purchased without a matching need, and then massaged into areas where maybe they could fit, until after about 20 years and billions of dollars spent it was determined that they were obsolete and did not fulfill the need. This happens all. the. time.

You're a conservative. You know about the importance of private industry. And you probably believe that private industry should be held to account for poor risk decisions... except, apparently, in defense, where you believe they should be given a blank check to do with as they please. Just yet another one of the great hypocrisies of conservatism these days...

We make ship building choices based on providing work to the shipyards that have the right politicians lobbying for them. We shoehorn systems developed by contractors at the risk of the contractor into defense uses in order to ensure that contractor doesn't lose too much money because they invested their own funds into it. In short - and you allude to this - we make acquisitions choices to keep the military-industrial complex running, not based on needs in the field. That's not right.

Do you know what a UONS is? Do you know how expensive it is to execute that? Are you aware that that's how we've fielded the majority of our active mission systems in the major theaters recently in order to react to threats we've known about for literally decades?

No, I don't think you have the first ****ing clue what you're talking about. But we can continue to do this if you want, and I can start listing systems and expenditures as examples while you spout off about generalities and other nonsense that has nothing to do with the acquisitions process because you're trying to equate it to a $1000 hammer. The system is broken. Period. McCain was right, but few other politicians are interested in fixing it because it's not in their best political or financial interest. Instead, the taxpayers pay for shit we don't need, add to the government debt, and idiots run around touting how great Trump is because he's given the DOD a blank check to continue burning tax dollars at a ridiculous rate because MAGA.

Come at me with your Wikipedia research and something you read on Fox News or talked to someone at the American Legion about, bro. You're out of your element.

To be clear:

This subject has already been covered on this board. B. Obama has already been placed in the top 12-20 ranking of presidents....BY THE COUNTRY'S MOST RESPECTED HISTORIANS, who have commented on this subject since he left office. More opinions to come, of course.
YOUR ranking has roughly the weight of that of the homeless person, who's living next to the 3rd trash bin from the right, in the 25th Street alley. I.e. - you don't have a milligram of credibility, in the matter.
YOu know Dub...I believe I have as much or more credibility as you do on the subject. Time will prove Obama to be one of, if not, the worst in every way.

Reactions: SKYDOG
YOu know Dub...I believe I have as much or more credibility as you do on the subject. Time will prove Obama to be one of, if not, the worst in every way.
WHAT F'g UNIVERSE DO YOU LIVE IN ??!! Do you not understand that there are another SEVEN BILLION people on Planet Earth, besides YOU ??
READ something, for Christ's sake !!! Presidential historians - those with decades of journalistic credentials, credibility and professional reputations.....HAVE ALREADY WEIGHED IN ON THIS SUBJECT !! UNDERSTAND. No more " time is needed, for the most part, for the consideration.
You and I don't count - UNDERSTAND ?? CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND I AREN'T GOING TO BE RANKING THE WORLD'S MATHEMATICIANS OR PHYSICISTS ??
AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO BE RANKING THIS COUNTRY'S PRESIDENTS, EITHER !!
THEY are.
GET IT ??
You despise #44 and every thing he ever said or did. Whatever, Dude.
You're opinion is worth no more than all the other people in this country who don't have 1/1,000th of the
required background to ever be consulted about this.

ARE
WE
CLEAR
???

I'm painting with the proper brush. Yes, our acquisitions professionals are detached from the actual needs of field commanders, and make poor decisions based on shotty information usually informed by the contractors selling them proposals. More often than you apparently think, needs are written around proposals in order to funnel work to defense contractors. These are essentially sales calls. I am not accusing the acquisition corps of being dirty or underhanded. I am accusing them of being out of touch with what commanders actually need.

You are right. Defense contractors spend money on R&D, but it's more often than not funded by the government, and often results in limited practical utility to the military. There are only loose controls on this, and like everything else, are subject to political lobbies and sales pitches to politicians on the appropriate committees. The government shouldn't subsidize idiotic R&D ventures, but right now, those big contractors know that all they have to do is throw some stuff at the wall, and someone will buy it if they can produce a good enough sales pitch to the right politician. I'm speaking on this from personal experience. I have worked on mission systems which were purchased without a matching need, and then massaged into areas where maybe they could fit, until after about 20 years and billions of dollars spent it was determined that they were obsolete and did not fulfill the need. This happens all. the. time.

You're a conservative. You know about the importance of private industry. And you probably believe that private industry should be held to account for poor risk decisions... except, apparently, in defense, where you believe they should be given a blank check to do with as they please. Just yet another one of the great hypocrisies of conservatism these days...

We make ship building choices based on providing work to the shipyards that have the right politicians lobbying for them. We shoehorn systems developed by contractors at the risk of the contractor into defense uses in order to ensure that contractor doesn't lose too much money because they invested their own funds into it. In short - and you allude to this - we make acquisitions choices to keep the military-industrial complex running, not based on needs in the field. That's not right.

Do you know what a UONS is? Do you know how expensive it is to execute that? Are you aware that that's how we've fielded the majority of our active mission systems in the major theaters recently in order to react to threats we've known about for literally decades?

No, I don't think you have the first ****ing clue what you're talking about. But we can continue to do this if you want, and I can start listing systems and expenditures as examples while you spout off about generalities and other nonsense that has nothing to do with the acquisitions process because you're trying to equate it to a $1000 hammer. The system is broken. Period. McCain was right, but few other politicians are interested in fixing it because it's not in their best political or financial interest. Instead, the taxpayers pay for shit we don't need, add to the government debt, and idiots run around touting how great Trump is because he's given the DOD a blank check to continue burning tax dollars at a ridiculous rate because MAGA.

Come at me with your Wikipedia research and something you read on Fox News or talked to someone at the American Legion about, bro. You're out of your element.
Sorry, you have no idea what I do or who I work for. Our company spends literally billions of dollars on IRAD every year and we are not compensated for it except through negotiated rates.

Your problem is you take Navy R&D and extrapolate that to the entire DoD and the other branches. Mistake. I don’t doubt one bit that you’ve seen some egregious mission systems work on ships. Not at all.

I don’t see companies being “given a blank check” as you put it. I don’t work on ships.
Yes, the government does to a degree want to keep a semblance of competition because monopolies or duopolies, in the eyes of the government, are not good for them or taxpayers. That said, the government in the majority of the cases I’ve seen (and worked on) awards contracts to the company(ies) they think offers them the best solution for their needs (based on requirements government employees and members of service branches wrote) and they do include the end users in the selection process.

I suspect you’d be one of the first people on here saying things cost too much if every system or platform was proprietary and there was no competitive bidding. You can’t have it both ways.

Iranian Legislature today unanimously voted to designate US military and the Pentagon as terrorist organizations and allocated $220 million to the Islamic Republic's Revolutionary Guard Corp's Quds Force to take revenge for Soleimani's death per USAToday article.
That doesn't seem to indicate that they are merely intent upon shrugging their shoulders and saying "But what can we possibly do against the strength of the US?"

I wonder where that 220 million came from? 150 billion-220 million. I wonder why so little?

Reactions: bonefish1
I wonder where that 220 million came from? 150 billion-220 million. I wonder why so little?
Retrospectively, I would GUESS that the amount may be somewhat reflective of the cost of missiles that were proposed to be used, and actually were, and as an advanced indicator to the US that the response being undertaken by Iran was going going to be limited and controlled. I think that also is consistent with the use of ballistic missiles which would be capable of being tracked upon launch and thus giving the US ample time for personnel to take cover and thereby mitigate any chance of death and/or injury casualties, as opposed to the use of on scene rockets with the substantially higher risk of casualty to what would be unbunkered troops.
Just a guess, as I said.
EDIT - My response is about actual overt Iranian action only. I have no idea whether they intend asymmetric and/or proxy activities that clothe them with some form of deniability of involvement. That obviously may well still be forthcoming and I think only time will tell.
I also think that the use of missiles to a "safer" area is also designed a potential warning that if they are "forced" to continue to develop nuclear weapons that their missile technology is capable of very good targeting, and are using that to again get to an accord relieving economic sanctions.

Last edited:
You know the ORIGIN of that "10x" thing you're using ??
Nazi Germany , in WW2 , had a 10x policy for responding to loss of life of German military or Nazi officials to those in Jewish ghettos in Germany or Polish residents of Warsaw, who fought back in resistance to the tyranny they faced.
Ironically, it was also the Israeli 10x policy in responding to terrorist attacks upon the citizens of their country, in the decades that followed,
particularly from rocket attacks from neighboring countries using Hezbollah, Hamas etc.
Rest assured, the grownups in the National Security apparatus of our country won't allow some INSANE ten-to-one proportionate response to expected Iranian reprisals, in the near future. They actually are governed by common sense, one would think, in trying to eliminate the chances of a much more serious conflict.

What a surprise....you're taking the side of the enemy. Are you still mourning the death of Solemani? That poor bastard. Just dirt surfin now.
I love it when Israel bombs the hell out of the Hezbollah and Hamas after they launch an attack. I'd like to see the response be 20X, instead of 10X. Disproportionate..my ass. Teach them a lesson that there's a huge price to be paid.
I expect Trump to have a strong response to yesterdays rocket attacks. If Iran is testing him, they'll soon regret it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT