ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Hunter Official.

I'm ok being average you obviously care so much it's driving you crazy that purdue hasn't been to a final 4 oh well get a life old man. You absolutely no troll you are a man who got cut from the basketball team 35/40 years ago and you piss bcuz purdue is average and hasn't been to a final 4. Miserable man why do you bother with anything that purdue does it's obvious you mad and you can't do nothing about it but get on a message board and Pout about it. If it take 15 years till they get it I'm ok with that hopefully you have moved on and found another team to dislike creepy man. Guess what it make take 40 years than will you still be mad keep them coming sir I got a response every single time you post this nonsense.
Don't worry about old '73. He is just an angry guy. It happens when you've been incontinent all your life, and you live in your momma's basement. His sole form of entertainment is to try to troll this board, but he has been outed. The next move is for him to quietly cancel his old ID and come back with a new one. Want to bet it is "Boiler1974"? He figures we will never guess who he was.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Don't worry about old '73. He is just an angry guy. It happens when you've been incontinent all your life, and you live in your momma's basement. His sole form of entertainment is to try to troll this board, but he has been outed. The next move is for him to quietly cancel his old ID and come back with a new one. Want to bet it is "Boiler1974"? He figures we will never guess who he was.
I like that post so funny. He gonna look very silly if purdue gets there this year my gut feeling telling me so. They got the pieces to make it happen. I'm confident despite what that person thinks.

Big things gonna happen this season I feel it and this team so underrated will shock all the doubters.

preseason vegas odds has purdue in the #14-18 range.

if this team is considered underrated, we are bound for huge tourney/big ten success! can't wait!

Last edited:
So you think if hunter commits to Minnesota that painter didn't do his job. You simply have no clue it's simple many of these kids want to leave there state period. Many wanna go out of state bcuz they feel it will be more like being away at school. My son had northwestern 5 min from my house has depaul and Illinois all in state schools recruiting him and he chose purdue bcuz he wanted to go to a school out of state (even tho it's only a 2 hour drive) bcuz he wanted to leave Chicago period. Painter has shown up at his school , his house and calling him on a regular basis like he did mine to let hunter no he wants him and that is all he can do. That kid and his parents ultimately makes the decisions based on what they feel is best for there child. Leave it alone buddy you will never win this battle as long as painter is doing his job well and he is he will be purdue coach for a very long time. if you don't like what painter and his staff are doing than move on find a team that can get the in state kids you think that should be here and not be out recruited by other schools than you are more delusional than I thought. Everything you post is negative, mean spirited down right out hateful and you my friend are no fan you claim you are but a man who knows nothing but think he knows everything. Keep your post coming I will respond to each of them and post my reply and expose you for what you are not A FAN. I no more about recruiting than you bcuz I went through the process and I'll let all those no the truth in this recruiting business. I hope to God you never come to any games at purdue bcuz this group of young men deserve a better fan than you.
Back to Hunter, It currently looks very likely that Guard Duane Washington will announce that he will be attending Ohio State tomorrow. I believe that Ohio State was making a good run at him(Hunter), but this will probably not help their chances. I think unless he falls in love with Minny, were in a good place.

Reactions: tjreese and tynd10
I'm ok being average you obviously care so much it's driving you crazy that purdue hasn't been to a final 4 oh well get a life old man. You absolutely no troll you are a man who got cut from the basketball team 35/40 years ago and you piss bcuz purdue is average and hasn't been to a final 4. Miserable man why do you bother with anything that purdue does it's obvious you mad and you can't do nothing about it but get on a message board and Pout about it. If it take 15 years till they get it I'm ok with that hopefully you have moved on and found another team to dislike creepy man. Guess what it make take 40 years than will you still be mad keep them coming sir I got a response every single time you post this nonsense.
He writes like an old man (and I am know one who should criticize) but my guess is that 1974 is a 15-17 kid that is loving the attention he is getting.

With an impressive power forward and high ceiling center on board, Hunter needs to jump on the train. We are loaded up front; just need a guard to go along with them. Painter is loading up the cupboard for a deep run in the NCAA tournament .

Reactions: Roeder
With an impressive power forward and high ceiling center on board, Hunter needs to jump on the train. We are loaded up front; just need a guard to go along with them. Painter is loading up the cupboard for a deep run in the NCAA tournament .
Yes. I would think that this commitment would only help with Hunter. If Washington heads to OSU like everyone expects, I really think that puts Purdue in great shape with Hunter (although the Demanzi Anderson commitment to IU immediately after two other forwards reminds me that I shouldn't make too many assumptions in recruiting).

I know what you are talking about. I don't mind different opinions being shared. This one particular poster 1973, bugs me to a point I can't help but respond. As soon as he/she says something intelligent I will give him credit.

well, ok, I tried.

Thanks for confirming what we all kinda pretty much knew, the path to continuously getting the 5 & high 4 stars to come to any school is through sustained NCAA tournament successes. And we're not just talking about making it to the tournament but making a deep run into the tournament consistently. There are exceptions of course but that what's required.

From your list above, all except Sean Miller have been to Final Fours. Miller has been to several E8 however. This is what Painter need to do, so he get the same name recognition as these other coaches mentioned above and finally get Purdue basketball to where it belongs.

And I hope you are right about our team this year, but a sweet 16 (E8 with some luck) is what I see out of our this team with rebounding as our biggest issue. I've said rebounding will be an issue since before the end of last year, many didn't agree at that time, but was obvious during the WUG final game. And I haven't seen anything that have changed my mind unless Taylor/Wheeler/Ewing/Haarms step up another notch in rebounding.
Chicago:
I agree that rebounding will be the tipping point. But I don't think it is solely on the forwards. The guards rebounding will be what fills the vacuum of Biggie moving on and what Determines how good the team can be. Not absolving the forwards, just think it will take five defensive rebounders every time to get what we need.

Reactions: tjreese
Chicago:
I agree that rebounding will be the tipping point. But I don't think it is solely on the forwards. The guards rebounding will be what fills the vacuum of Biggie moving on and what Determines how good the team can be. Not absolving the forwards, just think it will take five defensive rebounders every time to get what we need.
An aspect that was evident in many games last year (not jut PU) is with more 3-pointers shot, there are more long rebounds (I know - DUH). Thus, guards doing more blocking out and more hanging around the circle on long shots is required. Guards are often taught in younger years that if they are the furthest from the basket, to flare to the side to get the outlet pass (if on D), but that more applies when the rebound will be short and the outlet will be made from under the basket. On 3-point shots, the outlet is often the rebound. On Offense, think more long rebound than either getting back on D or get to an open area for a pop out ... I don't see the guards (again, a general statement not specific to PU) changing their responses to longer shots vs. shorter shots.

An aspect that was evident in many games last year (not jut PU) is with more 3-pointers shot, there are more long rebounds (I know - DUH). Thus, guards doing more blocking out and more hanging around the circle on long shots is required. Guards are often taught in younger years that if they are the furthest from the basket, to flare to the side to get the outlet pass (if on D), but that more applies when the rebound will be short and the outlet will be made from under the basket. On 3-point shots, the outlet is often the rebound. On Offense, think more long rebound than either getting back on D or get to an open area for a pop out ... I don't see the guards (again, a general statement not specific to PU) changing their responses to longer shots vs. shorter shots.

That is a coaching philosophy I'm not sure I agree with or disagree with. We are seeing more guards taking perimeter shots. And after taking the shot, rather than going to towards the basket to follow up and grab the long rebound, they run back to set up on defense. If they stayed, their team could possibly get a lot more rebounds and second chance opportunities to score. However, by staying, they would not be set up on defense, and would allow a lot of easy buckets on defense. I believe a slower team is probably one that would take a shot and then try to get back on defense. Whereas a quicker team might take the risk to stay and go after that long rebound, knowing they have the speed to catch up and be in place. I've seen many teams use both philosophies. I guess, you play to your strengths, and try to cover for your deficiencies. If Purdue were a quicker team, I could see their guards going more after their missed shots, than hustling back to be in place on defense. I see the benefits but also the risks.

Reactions: goldlarney
That is a coaching philosophy I'm not sure I agree with or disagree with. We are seeing more guards taking perimeter shots. And after taking the shot, rather than going to towards the basket to follow up and grab the long rebound, they run back to set up on defense. If they stayed, their team could possibly get a lot more rebounds and second chance opportunities to score. However, by staying, they would not be set up on defense, and would allow a lot of easy buckets on defense. I believe a slower team is probably one that would take a shot and then try to get back on defense. Whereas a quicker team might take the risk to stay and go after that long rebound, knowing they have the speed to catch up and be in place. I've seen many teams use both philosophies. I guess, you play to your strengths, and try to cover for your deficiencies. If Purdue were a quicker team, I could see their guards going more after their missed shots, than hustling back to be in place on defense. I see the benefits but also the risks.
No blessing exists without a corresponding curse.

No blessing exists without a corresponding curse.
I think that Purdue does a lot better with this when three point shots are taken within the flow of the offense so that they have balance and can get a couple of guys back. When they don't have balance, my observation is that they too often give up transition baskets off of long rebounds.

one nice thing that Purdue has had for a few years is that four players are able to start the break..and push the ball putting pressure on the other team's D...this will continue

I think that Purdue does a lot better with this when three point shots are taken within the flow of the offense so that they have balance and can get a couple of guys back. When they don't have balance, my observation is that they too often give up transition baskets off of long rebounds.
I agree - I was essentially supporting DAKOTA GIRL's post about guards rebounding. The more and more the game becomes long-shot oriented, the more that is essential. When we didn't have guys who could penetrate, it was a bit more obvious that "rebounding" was based a lot on luck (and perhaps a bit of lack of awareness) for the long ones ... and when the luck doesn't go our way, they're off to the races. It struck me two years ago that the opponents got a lot more of them than we did, but maybe we were pounding the inside a lot more than other teams were ... wait ... I'm sure we were.

Reactions: tynd10
preseason vegas odds has purdue in the #14-18 range.

if this team is considered underrated, we are bound for huge tourney/big ten success! can't wait!
Interesting that vegas has higher expectations than most of this forum.
Agree. Simple minded approach, my only true option, is that you can't run a fast break if the team doesn't get the defensive rebound.
Also agree that the long rebounds are much frequent than they used to be due to more threes going up.
Swannigan made it easy for our guards by sucking up 16 or 17 a game. The only guard I remember him consistently knocking out of the way to get a board was Mathias:). All the guards must go after it now or we will get beat on the boards.
I bet they have been working on that ever since the WUG final.

Agree. Simple minded approach, my only true option, is that you can't run a fast break if the team doesn't get the defensive rebound.
Also agree that the long rebounds are much frequent than they used to be due to more threes going up.
Swannigan made it easy for our guards by sucking up 16 or 17 a game. The only guard I remember him consistently knocking out of the way to get a board was Mathias:). All the guards must go after it now or we will get beat on the boards.
All this is true...it will be a team effort on the boards and that is why it is so important that 4 at a given time can push the ball generally. It is hard to get out too quickly if all have to rebound. Course when Haas is playing .."IF" the break is not there...use the big guy... while he is playing without becoming too one dimensional

You win .. they have been. And if it's not apparent by now, I am enamored with simplicity.

Reactions: Dakota Girl

What happens in Vegas apparently stays in Vegas.

hangover-carrot_top.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT