ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Hunter Official.

Jan 12, 2016
Big weekend for Boiler recruiting with Eric Hunter on campus. Hopefully the staff can sell him on Purdue enough to get a commitment before the end of the weekend! The football game should have a fairly big crowd after the Louisville performance last week.

Do they still have a player(s) host the recruit? If so...I assume this would be who he goes to the game with on Friday, assuming he comes on Friday?

Did he go to the game? Sounds like we looked really good. My box score didn't show the attendance though. I hope we had a good crowd and a great atmosphere. BTFU!

Did he go to the game? Sounds like we looked really good. My box score didn't show the attendance though. I hope we had a good crowd and a great atmosphere. BTFU!

It was a great atmosphere with 45,000 there. I thought at one time I "may" have seen him in the building beside Mackey (not the volleyball or football practice field), but didn't know who it was with "that" person. The basketball team was recognized at halftime, and the game was generally a blowout for the good guys. The basketboard scoreboard was HUGE! There was a lot to like for a recruit although I expect Hunter to take his time and visit all...just because he can. The Purdue skydiving entrance for the presentation of the colors was very neat.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...9ffe05/59b3752f4edf0.image.jpg?resize=750,500

and there is something certainly refreshing with that lifelong saying...I am an American.

Looked great from the TV..... But have to ask....How was the Bowler Gold- worth drinking?

Looked great from the TV..... But have to ask....How was the Bowler Gold- worth drinking?
It was good, but unsure exactly what I would compare it with. It was the color of apple cider...maybe a hint more amber. I'm not a connoisseur of beer and so I'm a bad one to ask. I plan on buying some in the cans in december, just to keep my intelligence running smooth when I encounter some of the less fortunate down south. I like Sam Adams Octoberfest and it may have had a lean that way. The line for cans was too long and so I just got a cup of draft. I want the cans for a few generations from now so they can say ...this can came at a time that Purdue was just one of the exceptional schools instead of the exceptional school like today. I fully expect for Purdue to offer a few "lines" of beers down the road...

Did Mitch have a hand in this?

Reactions: BoilerGal74
There is a picture of Tre and Hunter at the football game. Tre retweeted it, so I am assuming they didn't just stay for a picture and leave. I didn't, however, see any picture with them and the team at the game or in any of their tailgating pictures.

Semi-unrelated note, but it's good to be able to use the football atmosphere to recruit. Looooots of students there having a good time. And I am very glad Tre was there for Hunter's official. Tre has been pretty outgoing with the other possible recruits, so I hope he can sell him and the '18 class. Landing those two would ease a lot of fears and fill a need at the guard position. Then Painter would need to land 1 or 2 late rank climbers and end up with a solid class to keep the train moving.

It was good, but unsure exactly what I would compare it with. It was the color of apple cider...maybe a hint more amber. I'm not a connoisseur of beer and so I'm a bad one to ask. I plan on buying some in the cans in december, just to keep my intelligence running smooth when I encounter some of the less fortunate down south. I like Sam Adams Octoberfest and it may have had a lean that way. The line for cans was too long and so I just got a cup of draft. I want the cans for a few generations from now so they can say ...this can came at a time that Purdue was just one of the exceptional schools instead of the exceptional school like today. I fully expect for Purdue to offer a few "lines" of beers down the road...

Yes he did. He was the reason there was a need for beer.

Reactions: ChuckJr and tjreese

I read that he was highly encouraging for it to come about and heard him say Purdue, i.e., he had approval of the taste of the beer....don't know if he was kidding on not but someone had to represent Purdue so would think he would be reasonable choice. The article did say they anticipated more selections if first went reasonably well.

Reactions: tjreese
With Aaron Henry committing to MSU, I don't think that Purdue fans need to worry about a Hunter/Henry package deal pulling Hunter away from Purdue.

it's interesting that Henry's stock has risen that high to get an MSU offer.

With Aaron Henry committing to MSU, I don't think that Purdue fans need to worry about a Hunter/Henry package deal pulling Hunter away from Purdue.

Henry to MSU makes a lot of sense. With what they will be losing, they needed help at the wing. I still maintain their is an unknown red flag because Painter never offered. Izzo has no problems ignoring those red flags, which as why a surprisingly high number of his former players are felons.

If Xavier gets a commit from Ahrens, I think Purdue would be firmly in the driver seat with Hunter. Minnesota is all in and every Purdue comment he makes or retweets is filled with Minnesota trolls. Filling with a bunch of lies saying he would make them a top 10 class. They have two 160+ guys and a top 40 kid. Hunter is great and all, but that doesn't make a top 10 class. Right now, I think Minnesota is throwing everything, including a load of Bs, to get Hunter. I thought Painter has done a great job recruiting him and Williams is tying to pull him in as well. I would say right now Purdue has about a 20% chance. I would love to see them get Hunter, Castleton (or Dowuana if he can develop into a rim protector), and Williams would make an excellent class. If they find a way to add King as well, now that would be a top 10 class. 4 top 150 with 3 of those good enough to break top 100 and a top 20 kid. We are still realistically in the running for all of those players.

I think Hunter is important because it will help bring in other players having a talented two man class. Purdue has alllll kinds of minutes opening up. They need to sell it!! It's alright to swing and miss a few more times as long as they have a very good '19 class, but they really need at least two top 100 type players in this class. They also need to have some success. I really want this team to make a final four and stun MSU to win the Big Ten. Purdue has the pieces, just got to get it done.

It is almost unbearable to wait for, but Purdue has a fun football team again. It won't be as agonizing to wait for the season to start!!

I like Hunter. I'm wondering, can you elaborate what position he would play, and how our lineup would look in 2018 with him as part of it? I have a feeling with his addition we would continue to have a three guard backcourt.

I like Hunter. I'm wondering, can you elaborate what position he would play, and how our lineup would look in 2018 with him as part of it? I have a feeling with his addition we would continue to have a three guard backcourt.

A 3 guard backcourt with a 6'5 and 6'6 to go with 6'1. Very similar to what we have been running, just taller. Hunter is a perfect fit because he is very athletic for his size and can get his own shot. Can switch easily in defense with his size. He also isn't a volume shooter like Carsen so the fit is very enticing. Bring in Cline off the bench for a change of pace. It's a very solid pick up if he commits. Cline would probably start but if he struggled defensively, it wouldn't take long for Hunter to replace him.
1)Eastern 2) Carsen 3) Hunter 4) Wheeler 5) Williams.

If Purdue also wins Castleton, Wheeler would move to the backup 4 or the 3. It's hard to say with freshman, but even if they don't start, they will still see close to 20 minutes with all of the vacancies.

I'm usually terrible at predicting these things, but right now I'm liking the smoke signals coming from Twitter. Yesterday Hunter tweeted "change of plans?" which many interpreted as him canceling the rest of his visits and commiting to Purdue. Then it was announced out of the blue yesterday that Minnesota would have an in home visit with Hunter today. And that was shortly followed up by Minnesota offering 6'-4" 2018 PG Tyrese Haliburton. To me that sounds an awful lot like Hunter may have made his decision during his Purdue official and Minnesota is doing an in-home as a last ditch effort while offering their plan B guy at the PG position. But, then as I said, I'm usually terrible at predicting these things.

Reactions: Frankie611
I'm usually pretty bad a predicting these things but right now I'm liking the smoke signals coming from Twitter. Yesterday Hunter tweeted "change of plans?". Then yesterday it was announced out of the blue that Minnesota would have an in-home visit with Hunter today. Then shortly after, it was announced that 6'-4" 2018 PG Tyrese Haliburton was offered by Minnesota. That sure sounds an awful lot like Hunter was considering making his decision (presumably for Purdue), Minnesota tried as a last ditch effort for an in-home visit to sway him, then saw the writing on the wall and offered their plan B guy. But then, as I said, I'm usually terrible at predicting these things.

Last edited:
I'm usually pretty bad a predicting these things but right now I'm liking the smoke signals coming from Twitter. Yesterday Hunter tweeted "change of plans?". Then yesterday it was announced out of the blue that Minnesota would have an in-home visit with Hunter today. Then shortly after, it was announced that 6'-4" 2018 PG Tyrese Haliburton was offered by Minnesota. That sure sounds an awful lot like Hunter was considering making his decision (presumably for Purdue), Minnesota tried as a last ditch effort for an in-home visit to sway him, then saw the writing on the wall and offered their plan B guy. But then, as I said, I'm usually terrible at predicting these things.
The in-home visit with Minnesota wasn't out of the blue. Believe that was announced Friday or Saturday which means it was in the works well before that.

Painter is visiting on Thursday at his school. Wouldn't be surprised if the commitment comes then.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
The in-home visit with Minnesota wasn't out of the blue. Believe that was announced Friday or Saturday which means it was in the works well before that.

Painter is visiting on Thursday at his school. Wouldn't be surprised if the commitment comes then.
That would be fantastic if so.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Don't know what this means... but we will probably know more tomorrow.

It was in regards to his earlier tweet about west laff.

I think he is committing. Him and Tre just followed Karrissa McGlaughlin on Twitter
I'm impressed that some are able to get enough dots to paint a reasonable picture. It is easy to see what is going on out on the court, but knowing where Matt is on plane rides and being able to splice together twitter sure helps the understanding. I hope you are right.

Well now he's tweeted "good things come to those who wait up" so I don't know what's going on. Guess we will find out soon although you gotta think the fact that Minnesota offered another player at his position for their last remaining scholarship last night has to be a good sign for Purdue. We'll know more tomorrow....

So Wednesday which is the day before tomorrow is actually not tomorrow, but today? or is it yesterday ? or maybe it's so last week. We'll know more next year.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Karissa is a WBB commit from Homestead. Believe she is a current freshman.

Not sure why that is significant outside of them making bonds with the ladies team.
Who Karrisa is was the missing link for me. Thanks for clearing that one up!

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Come on guys....Miss Indiana Basketball, Gatorade player of the year in indiana and a top 50 player in the nation! Get with it!
I am hanging my head in shame:oops:. I'll never bother any of you ever again:(.
I blame football. It's so much fun to watch Purdue football again that, well, it's just, it's their fault!:confused:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT