ADVERTISEMENT

Catchings/NIL

Only 2 teams in the BT have double digit FF's, Ohio State has 11 with only 1 NC and Michigan St. 10 FFs and 2 NC. The once mighty IU and Michigan have 8 FF appearance. The BT has only 11 NC in 83 year span with IU winning 5. Some on here make sound so damn easy! Do you realize that over 50% schools in Division 1 have never gone dancing!
Most people who know anything about college basketball would rate Purdue as probably a good/very good program.
Can you rate another historically good/very good P5 program that hasn't been to the FF in 40 years?

Reactions: Do Dah Day
He had a few games last season where he got my hopes up with some pressure defense and some pick sixes, but then he would seem to regress and start playing tentatively again.
He definitely stepped up his D, but on O, he was never will to attack the rim and use his size/length to finish or get fouled.

Most people who know anything about college basketball would rate Purdue as probably a good/very good program.
Can you rate another historically good/very good P5 program that hasn't been to the FF in 40 years?
And we can all name programs without a history that punched their ticket. A lot of luck in a knockout tournament, sometimes you’re not good enough, and even when you are sometimes you need to catch a few breaks. It’s how it goes. If it were so important they wouldn’t re do the whole thing every year.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
And we can all name programs without a history that punched their ticket. A lot of luck in a knockout tournament, sometimes you’re not good enough, and even when you are sometimes you need to catch a few breaks. It’s how it goes. If it were so important they wouldn’t re do the whole thing every year.
Sure, there's luck involved. But do you think Purdue has been unlucky for 40 years?

Reactions: TooPoorToBleedGold
He definitely stepped up his D, but on O, he was never will to attack the rim and use his size/length to finish or get fouled.
This is where I think we will see a difference from Colvin and, to a lesser extent, Heide and Jones. I think all three will attack the rim and invite contact.

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT