ADVERTISEMENT

Camden Heide commits to Purdue

I stand corrected on the height. Guess you can’t necessarily trust their recruiting profiles to be updated

The rumor is a $1,000,000 offer though. Hard to pass that up for 10k in tuition and room/board for a year.

If he chooses the G-league I hope he starts reading up on stocks/bonds and prudent budgeting. Even if things go bad after a year 1 million dollars at that age is life transforming as long as you’re smart about it (I know a big if at that age). You can always go back to college and get a degree.

10k????
Wake up Rip Van Winkle! ;)

Reactions: IUhaterade
sshhh. You're not allowed to express that on open forums.
Honestly, I'm going to be extremely disappointed (again) if we don't see a final 4 here in the next few years.
Which puts us in 'iu fan' territory.
And we all know how annoying that can be....
Expectations be's a *itch.
We back

Reactions: jtanoos1
Laughable..
That kids not close to NBA ready
He's not even close to the top 20 in his own class...
No idea what you are talking about, but, that is spot on in that you actually have no idea what you are talking about.

Responding on the wrong young man more than likely...regardless, the fact that you took the time and made the effort to even respond is ridiculous.

Reactions: purduepat1969
sshhh. You're not allowed to express that on open forums.
Honestly, I'm going to be extremely disappointed (again) if we don't see a final 4 here in the next few years.
Which puts us in 'iu fan' territory.
And we all know how annoying that can be....
Expectations be's a *itch.
I know its fun to dream. However, let me rain just a little on this Final Four parade. Heide is ranked, what?, around #70. He will be a good player for Purdue if rankings and such hold true. How about players #1 - #69?

I would think if #70 gives us an expectation of a FF, then the schools getting #1 - #69 should also have similar expectations. A good number of the 1/69 schools have many similarly ranked players on their teams already. That is 70 schools over a period of 4 years, which is 16 slots in the FF. Not enough FF's to go around for everyone.

Let's keep our eye on realistic expectations. A good many of the higher paying, oops, higher ranked schools don't have the coaching we have, so that gives us a leg up. In any case, an FF is going to be a fight, which will require some extraordinary luck as well as talent.

I know its fun to dream. However, let me rain just a little on this Final Four parade. Heide is ranked, what?, around #70. He will be a good player for Purdue if rankings and such hold true. How about players #1 - #69?

I would think if #70 gives us an expectation of a FF, then the schools getting #1 - #69 should also have similar expectations. A good number of the 1/69 schools have many similarly ranked players on their teams already. That is 70 schools over a period of 4 years, which is 16 slots in the FF. Not enough FF's to go around for everyone.

Let's keep our eye on realistic expectations. A good many of the higher paying, oops, higher ranked schools don't have the coaching we have, so that gives us a leg up. In any case, an FF is going to be a fight, which will require some extraordinary luck as well as talent.
It's more than one player addition it's also factoring in the rest of the team. But yeah let's crap all over something we all can be hyped about. I don't think anyone is saying it will be easy, but the pieces are there and there is no reason to rain on a rare positive thread during the slow part of the year.

This program is on fire from a recruiting perspective. The team Painter is putting together is just looking better and better. Completely excited to see what happens the next few years.

This is the most talent Painter has been able to recruit since the Baby Boilers. That team was on fire when they dismantled West Virginia, was ranked #4 in the country at the time, and was on it's way as a national championship contender until Hummel got hurt.

I think it's fair to say that with great talent comes higher expectations.

This program is on fire from a recruiting perspective. The team Painter is putting together is just looking better and better. Completely excited to see what happens the next few years.

This is the most talent Painter has been able to recruit since the Baby Boilers. That team was on fire when they dismantled West Virginia, was ranked #4 in the country at the time, and was on it's way as a national championship contender until Hummel got hurt.

I think it's fair to say that with great talent comes higher expectations.

Think it might have even been #3

Think it might have even been #3
Purdue was #3 when they pulled out the win in Minnesota that night I’m pretty sure. Having lost Hummel however caused us to remain at #3 and we all know the rest. The low point was probably in the Big Ten tourney when we scored a whopping 18 points in the first half against that same Minnesota team.
Side note. Purdue football was playing at Minnesota when the news of the second ACL tear came across the screen.
I hate the Golden Gophers. Makes the Heide news all the better.

Purdue was #3 when they pulled out the win in Minnesota that night I’m pretty sure. Having lost Hummel however caused us to remain at #3 and we all know the rest. The low point was probably in the Big Ten tourney when we scored a whopping 18 points in the first half against that same Minnesota team.
Side note. Purdue football was playing at Minnesota when the news of the second ACL tear came across the screen.
Wait, I was in Lot T when news of that injury swept through the tailgators and a gloom of depression hung in the air. It might have been Minny in Ross-Ade but I don't recall and at that time didn't care.

Wait, I was in Lot T when news of that injury swept through the tailgators and a gloom of depression hung in the air. It might have been Minny in Ross-Ade but I don't recall and at that time didn't care.

Can confirm. I was in the student section when the news broke

Reactions: Schnelk
My bad. I was at home. Horrible day either way

Reactions: Schnelk

I kind of agree here. This coming season stands to be Purdue's best chance for a big splash. We could lose 4 starters from this years team.

I'm excited about Purdue's freshman this year and Heide is a great pick up but I'm not sure I get the hoist the banners mentality based on the class as its currently composed. If Ivey leaves after next year, I just don't see the guard play being strong enough to compete for a national champioship in 2022/2023 or maybe even 2023/2024.

Reactions: mathboy
I kind of agree here. This coming season stands to be Purdue's best chance for a big splash. We could lose 4 starters from this years team.

I'm excited about Purdue's freshman this year and Heide is a great pick up but I'm not sure I get the hoist the banners mentality based on the class as its currently composed. If Ivey leaves after next year, I just don't see the guard play being strong enough to compete for a national champioship in 2022/2023 or maybe even 2023/2024.
NATTY NEXT YEAR- OR ELSE!

Reactions: TX4GB and SCBoiler1
That Minnesota BTT game was actually somehow even worse than that. We hit a buzzer beater to give us 11 points at halftime.

That Minnesota football game was at Purdue. I was in the stands when the news traveled through the crowd that Hummel had torn his ACL again. Regardless, I hate Minnesota......football and basketball.

2 of players 1-69 are ALSO freshmen recruits on THIS team. :)

Can’t wait to see all the boomers here spell his name wrong for the next 4 years.
just gotsta remember to use the C instead of the K in Campsten Hide. It isn't that hard to remember. Those boomers have a lot of years of data and so when something goes in it isn't long until something goes out.

Kelly understands

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT