ADVERTISEMENT

Camden Heide commits to Purdue

He has always reminded me of Ethan Morton , or a taller Dakota Mathias . Needs to work on his defense bites on shot fakes and is slow to react to switching and help defense . But I am nit/picking this is a great get . No holes in his offensive game . He will fit well with the 2021's and 2022's . Not to mention Myles Colvin in 2023 .

He has always reminded me of Ethan Morton , or a taller Dakota Mathias . Needs to work on his defense bites on shot fakes and is slow to react to switching and help defense . But I am nit/picking this is a great get . No holes in his offensive game . He will fit well with the 2021's and 2022's . Not to mention Myles Colvin in 2023 .
Other than the fact him and Ethan are both white I’m not sure they have any similarities.

I find it funny that people keep comparing Heide to players that are 3-4 inches taller than he is (V. Edwards, S. Dekker etc) but then here he is called a taller Dakota Mathias when he is only 1 inch taller than Dakota. Negligible difference.

If he is 6’5” I think we need to stick to comps that are between 6’3” and 6’7” or the comp simply won’t make much sense. I said months ago that the best comp I could think of was a slightly less athletic version of Grayson Allen. Luke Recker has been mentioned in the past.

I find it funny that people keep comparing Heide to players that are 3-4 inches taller than he is (V. Edwards, S. Dekker etc) but then here he is called a taller Dakota Mathias when he is only 1 inch taller than Dakota. Negligible difference.

If he is 6’5” I think we need to stick to comps that are between 6’3” and 6’7” or the comp simply won’t make much sense. I said months ago that the best comp I could think of was a slightly less athletic version of Grayson Allen. Luke Recker has been mentioned in the past.
one report had him at 6-7. Not sure how reliable that is, but this is nothing more than internet forum fodder. Glad as H*LL we got him!

Welcome Mr. Heide!!

Is Washington expecting to sign in the November signing period or wait until Spring? Are we still in good shape with him?

Reactions: Schnelk

Yep, and Joe Weiskamp who is 6’-6”. Joe was ranked a little higher at #60 or so coming out of HS.

It looks like Camden was rated WAY higher at one point on the Rivals page (higher than 37 according to the graph), but has slowly dropped...
Still ranked #7 or #8 in the CMP era based on the earlier player ranking thread. In the Robbie Hummel area. Heide could rise or fall a little this year. We’ll see what happens.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
great addition. can't complain. The one thing i like is this is another one of those players painter identified early and has recruited a long time that chose purdue. What i like even more is that he was recruited by an assistant coach that left, but still chose purdue.

It looks like Camden was rated WAY higher at one point on the Rivals page (higher than 37 according to the graph), but has slowly dropped...
Once you get past the 2-5 one-and-dones in a class, you can take the top 100 or so and rank them in any order. And there is still room for some of the guys outside of the top 150 who haven't been "discovered".

Nice to see persistent efforts paying off for CMP and his staff and looking forward to Camden Heide getting his opportunities......an improving team's prospects just got better. Welcome aboard young Mr. Heide.

In closing, I continue to really like what Matt Painter is building.

Welcome Mr. Heide!!

Is Washington expecting to sign in the November signing period or wait until Spring? Are we still in good shape with him?
A lot of rumors that he will go to the G-League . None from a creditable source that I have seen . But the rumors seem to be gaining steam .

A lot of rumors that he will go to the G-League . None from a creditable source that I have seen . But the rumors seem to be gaining steam .
I went to see a G-league game and it was brutal to sit through as a fan in the stands. Atmosphere can’t compare to Mackey.

Reactions: Schnelk
I went to see a G-league game and it was brutal to sit through as a fan in the stands. Atmosphere can’t compare to Mackey.
The rumor is a $1,000,000 offer though. Hard to pass that up for 10k in tuition and room/board for a year.

If he chooses the G-league I hope he starts reading up on stocks/bonds and prudent budgeting. Even if things go bad after a year 1 million dollars at that age is life transforming as long as you’re smart about it (I know a big if at that age). You can always go back to college and get a degree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT