ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Furst

Nice exaggeration. TJD is a solid free throw shooter. We’ve been told he is working extremely hard on expanding his range. It probably won’t happen a ton, because there really is no point since he was already a very good scorer as a freshman. It’s not at all unrealistic to think he will be come at the very least capable from mid range and using his right hand.

Wheeler becoming Kyrie, James Harden, Rudy Gobert, or even good college player is far less likely.

I think Aaron Wheeler has the potential to become a good college player. I don't think that's less likely. I think he has confidence issues, similar to Basil Smotherman. That man could dribble recent, play D, had good athleticism, could shoot the ball... He just didn't live for basketball and IMO, the pressure got to him. IF Wheeler can overcome the same traits, IMO, that held Basil back, he could be an All-Conference type of player. He has all the skills, just needs to believe in himself.

I think Wheeler is as likely to become a double digit scorer as TJD is to hit a consistent 15 footer. Maybe that's more optimistic bias being a Boiler, but that's what I see on the court.

I think Aaron Wheeler has the potential to become a good college player. I don't think that's less likely. I think he has confidence issues, similar to Basil Smotherman. That man could dribble recent, play D, had good athleticism, could shoot the ball... He just didn't live for basketball and IMO, the pressure got to him. IF Wheeler can overcome the same traits, IMO, that held Basil back, he could be an All-Conference type of player. He has all the skills, just needs to believe in himself.

I think Wheeler is as likely to become a double digit scorer as TJD is to hit a consistent 15 footer. Maybe that's more optimistic bias being a Boiler, but that's what I see on the court.
We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Tjd will develop a jumper as quickly as Nojel did. Three of tjd’s jumpers at Mackey never hit the rim just backboard

Tjd will develop a jumper as quickly as Nojel did. Three of tjd’s jumpers at Mackey never hit the rim just backboard
This is actually false. TJD was 2/3 on the season outside of 12 feet. All 3 shots were at the end of the shot clock.

Nice exaggeration. TJD is a solid free throw shooter. We’ve been told he is working extremely hard on expanding his range. It probably won’t happen a ton, because there really is no point since he was already a very good scorer as a freshman. It’s not at all unrealistic to think he will be come at the very least capable from mid range and using his right hand.

Wheeler becoming Kyrie, James Harden, Rudy Gobert, or even good college player is far less likely.
Do you think it's more likely that TJD averages a 3-point attempt per game his final season in college, or that Wheeler goes undefeated against IU over his 5 year career?

Do you think it's more likely that TJD averages a 3-point attempt per game his final season in college, or that Wheeler goes undefeated against IU over his 5 year career?
I never said anything about TJD shooting 3s. Neither of those scenarios are likely.

He took a shot at Mackey that was close to a three pointer. It was a straight on shot and he missed the rim by two feet. Just a bit outside

He took a shot at Mackey that was close to a three pointer. It was a straight on shot and he missed the rim by two feet. Just a bit outside
MedicalInsignificantAustraliancurlew-size_restricted.gif

You said he took 3 shots at Purdue in your first post. He was 2/3 on the season. The one miss was at Purdue like you said. Don’t lie in your posts and you won’t get called out.

Furst can make a shot outside two feet. Furst is bigger and stronger. Furst can put the ball on the floor. Tjd is a better dunker
I remember watching Caleb in the 7th grade thinking this kid is a freaking animal. I thought him and Blackmon would end up being really good. Caleb is going to be really good because he wants to get better. I think TJD is obviously a really good player, but to compare the 2 isn't fair.

Reactions: Inspector100
The other two jumpers were inside ten feet that never hit rim. I am not going to argue with a loosier about shot distance. All I am saying is that he has a horrible jumper. He can hits some free throws but not jumpers. It is a sad shot. He usually dunks two a game and hits 10-15 free throws for his 14 points

What is your point?
Those are the positions the highest rated recruit for each team plays. As I looked at the other teams, they all seemed to have a good player at those positions ... but PU does not. I thought that interesting for several reasons. Perhaps the best one was considering what highly-ranked recruit would get a lot of playing time.

The other two jumpers were inside ten feet that never hit rim. I am not going to argue with a loosier about shot distance. All I am saying is that he has a horrible jumper. He can hits some free throws but not jumpers. It is a sad shot. He usually dunks two a game and hits 10-15 free throws for his 14 points
Everything about this is false. He didn’t miss two other jumpers even inside 10 feet at Purdue. Only 3.5 of his 13.5 ppg came from the FT line.

You just love taking Ls. Can’t wait for your reply with even more factually incorrect statements.

Why are you even here? Why don’t you squeeze into your candy stripe pants and get on pigs and talk about the good ole days of Bobby and the dusty banners. Just like the last several years, talk about we’re gonna be good this year . We will beat Purdue for the first time in six years and make the tourney the first time in five

Those are the positions the highest rated recruit for each team plays. As I looked at the other teams, they all seemed to have a good player at those positions ... but PU does not. I thought that interesting for several reasons. Perhaps the best one was considering what highly-ranked recruit would get a lot of playing time.
This doesn’t seem accurate...

Indiana: With Justin Smith transferring, it’s highly likely IU plays a lot of 3 guard lineups. I don’t know that Lander cracks the starting lineup as I believe the 3 guards will be RP, Durham, and Franklin, but he will get plenty of playing time backing up the 1 and 2 spot. He’s probably in line for 20-25 mpg.

Illinois: Adam Miller 6’3” guard. He should start and play a ton of minutes beside fellow freshman PG Andre Curbelo (#43) and SR Trent Frazier.

MSU: Mady Sissoko. MSU appears to have a big hole at center assuming Xavier Tillman stays in the draft. Even if Tillman doesn’t stay in the draft Sissoko will get a ton of playing time alongside Tillman as MSU is pretty weak on the front line.

Michigan: Hunter Dickinson is the only center on their roster outside of Austin Davis. I’d be shocked if Dickinson wasn’t the starter all year knowing what Austin Davis brings to the table.

Rutgers: I would guess Rutgers plays Omoruyi at the 4 alongside Myles Johnson. Ron Harper Jr played the 4 for them last year at only 6’6”.

Purdue: Like Indiana with Lander, it doesn’t seem like Jaden Ivey will be a starter from day 1. He definitely won’t replace Hunter in the lineup and likely won’t replace Sasha. I suppose he could be a starter if Hunter plays PG and IT doesn’t start. Regardless, Purdue has 6 guards that should get plenty of PT this year. It doesn’t seem like Ivey will be getting more than 20-25 minutes like Lander.

So based on this breakdown, I’m not sure how you come to the conclusion that those teams ahead of Purdue have good players at their respective positions, but that Purdue does not. I think really the only team that fits that description is IU.

Why are you even here? Why don’t you squeeze into your candy stripe pants and get on pigs and talk about the good ole days of Bobby and the dusty banners. Just like the last several years, talk about we’re gonna be good this year . We will beat Purdue for the first time in six years and make the tourney the first time in five
Yet another false post... it’s only been 4 years since we last made the tournament and beat Purdue... ;)

So do you think its more likely TJD average 1 3-point attempt per game or Wheeler never loses to IU?
Again, neither scenario is likely, however TJD won’t be taking over 1 3pt attempt per game.

Is it more likely that IU sweeps Purdue for the next 3 years or that Trevion Williams takes at least 1 3 pt shot per game?

Again, neither scenario is likely, however TJD won’t be taking over 1 3pt attempt per game.

Is it more likely that IU sweeps Purdue for the next 3 years or that Trevion Williams takes at least 1 3 pt shot per game?
I'm personally pretty comfortable with Trevion shooting. This year it looks like he'll be stuck on the block but the following year, with development of other guys, he could step out more.

I wouldn't doubt TJD's 3-pointers next season. You guys tend to have quite a few cupcake non-conference games, and based on recent history he shouldn't have to worry about many post-season games. 33 3's should be enough.

How will IU spin it if Covid forces both football and basketball to shorten their seasons to in conference only?

I'm personally pretty comfortable with Trevion shooting. This year it looks like he'll be stuck on the block but the following year, with development of other guys, he could step out more.

I wouldn't doubt TJD's 3-pointers next season. You guys tend to have quite a few cupcake non-conference games, and based on recent history he shouldn't have to worry about many post-season games. 33 3's should be enough.
Im guessing you haven’t looked at IU’s non conference schedule for the upcoming season. It will be one of the toughest in the country.

I think he was talking basketball....Football not going to argue about the non-conference, it is what it is and the name of the is 6 wins. However, do play 3 top 15 teams on the road in Football next year and another top 15 team at home. I know Purdue can't say the same.

I think he was talking basketball....Football not going to argue about the non-conference, it is what it is and the name of the is 6 wins. However, do play 3 top 15 teams on the road in Football next year and another top 15 team at home. I know Purdue can't say the same.
But you're still here....

Reactions: BBG
Are you bragging about having 4 difficult losses? Losing to good teams doesn't make you a good team. I could play those four teams by myself and have the same record as your team

Reactions: Poprudy and BBG
Are you bragging about having 4 difficult losses? Losing to good teams doesn't make you a good team. I could play those four teams by myself and have the same record as your team

I thought we were talking about SOS? No? Would guess IU's football SOS ends up being tougher than Purdue's.

Lol you are counting on getting Ingram?
I don’t think any of us are counting on getting Ingram. Let’s make that clear. I think someone is just hav8ng some fun with you.

I will bring up that many on the IU free board are counting on Kaufman. He would be a great addition to your team, but I think his Decision is still in the wind.

edit to correct damned auto correct.

Last edited:
I don’t think any of us are counting on getting Ingram. Let’s Mahler that clear. I think someone is just hav8ng some fun with you.

I will bring up that many on the IU free board are counting on Kaufman. He would be a great addition to your team, but I think his Decision is still in the wind.
That’s probably a good thing considering Painter’s track record landing 5 stars. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT