ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson Scott

Jan 31, 2014
Being from Ft Wayne, always interested in local kids. I was watching him on
the bench during the Cincy game and I am 100% sure he willnot be back. He was emotionless
down the stretch and all during the overtime. No clapping, no expression ect. If you have it on
DVR, go look. Pouting the whole game, more concerned about himself than the team.

So you were able to determine Scott's thought process just from your perception from watching him on TV? AMAZING!!!!

Scott may or may not be back next year (it's a 50/50 guess) but no matter the result, it won't be because people were able to perceive it from watching him on TV. I would bet that he may not even know what he is going to do, if anything, yet. Maybe he was upset because of how the game was going? Maybe he was being the competitor we know he is and "in the moment"? Who knows, certainly none of us on this forum do.

These threads popped up early on in the season, then not the next game Bryson was doing the exact opposite of what people are pointing out. It's just silly to try and predict what someone might or might not do based on whether they clap their hands or not.

I also saw Bryson at the end of the game...one of the first to go up to Edwards and give him a hug and slap. At this point I will assume he is going to work as hard in the off season as he did the last to continue to raise his game and get a starting spot or worst a 6th man spot on this team. This should be our hope for him...the transfer talk is a waste of time. We need his energy and toughness....

Originally posted by myrtlefan:

the bench during the Cincy game and I am 100% sure he willnot be back. He was emotionless
down the stretch and all during the overtime. No clapping, no expression ect. If you have it on
DVR, go look. Pouting the whole game, more concerned about himself than the team.
I sure hope you are wrong. We are incredbily weak at PG as it is next year. Could change with a transfer.

Originally posted by BBG:
So you were able to determine Scott's thought process just from your perception from watching him on TV? AMAZING!!!!

Scott may or may not be back next year (it's a 50/50 guess) but no matter the result, it won't be because people were able to perceive it from watching him on TV. I would bet that he may not even know what he is going to do, if anything, yet. Maybe he was upset because of how the game was going? Maybe he was being the competitor we know he is and "in the moment"? Who knows, certainly none of us on this forum do.

These threads popped up early on in the season, then not the next game Bryson was doing the exact opposite of what people are pointing out. It's just silly to try and predict what someone might or might not do based on whether they clap their hands or not.
BBG, I have no clue if he'll be back or not and either way certainly wish him well in his decision making. But I too thought how "out of it' he looked sitting on the bench in that Cincy game.

But then, I was never happy when my butt got sat on a chair either.

Originally posted by TwinDegrees2:

BBG, I have no clue if he'll be back or not and either way certainly wish him well in his decision making. But I too thought how "out of it' he looked sitting on the bench in that Cincy game.

Yeah and I get that point of view as well. Personally I think we all tend to read more in to things than their actually is... now, should Painter go out and get a PG then I can see Bryson looking elsewhere just simply for playing time. Because at that point he is fighting an uphill battle for minutes between 3 potential PGs.

But then again, I really like the idea of letting Dakota bring the ball up anyway. It worked well when Hummel did it and I think Dakota has the IQ to mimic that to an extent.

if cmp can't figure out how to use this kid, it will put me on the other side of the fence with cmp. Bryson is the kind of guard that would put up 15 against us and foul half the team out if he played somewhere like vcu.

Originally posted by TopSecretBoiler:
if cmp can't figure out how to use this kid, it will put me on the other side of the fence with cmp. Bryson is the kind of guard that would put up 15 against us and foul half the team out if he played somewhere like vcu.
That is a two way street IMO. CMP has to figure out how to use him and Scott has to put in the work to make his skills useable. I am gigantic Scott fan being from the area and hope he returns and succeeds, but he has a LOT to work on.

I know Scott has his faults, but how he didn't get any PT vs a rugged Cincy team is beyond me. He did a great job vs Yogi this year and I think he could have handled Caupain for a limited time. By not playing him, the other guards got tired at the end and to a lesser degree it's admitting to a recruiting miss.

Originally posted by myrtlefan:

There were people who repeatedly said similar things about E'Twaun Moore just because he didn't show the emotions that some people want to see. I always find this a bit strange.

The writing is on the wall imo. There's more going on than just Scott's gameplay and where he fits in... It's fairly obvious

Whats telling about the situation....

is that CMP subbed PJ in for DM for defense toward the end of the Cincy game. PJ may be better overall at playing the point the way CMP wants, but even CMP knows that Scott is much better defensively. That right their told me that there is more to this situation than skill. Right now I believe it is personable/attitude. I don't think Scott will come back.

This post was edited on 3/23 12:31 PM by *4purdue*

Scott cares about getting his minutes. I can't blame him for that. He wants to be a major contributor; it's evident. Hopefully Painter gives him a chance to win the job. I wish Scott would look less 'down' on the bench, but it is what it is. I don't see him coming back to Purdue, unfortunately.

That is a two way street IMO. CMP has to figure out how to use him and Scott has to put in the work to make his skills useable. I am gigantic Scott fan being from the area and hope he returns and succeeds, but he has a LOT to work on.
BBG, you act like you know what goes on behind closed doors. You don't. You're just assuming that Scott doesn't put in work. That is just as bad as someone else saying Painter doesn't use Scott properly or that Scott is leaving. You're just starting a rumor that is not based in fact at all. Not to put you down, but you constantly get mad at people on here for doing that exact same thing.

Originally posted by GodFamilyCountryPurdue:

BBG, you act like you know what goes on behind closed doors. You don't. You're just assuming that Scott doesn't put in work. That is just as bad as someone else saying Painter doesn't use Scott properly or that Scott is leaving. You're just starting a rumor that is not based in fact at all. Not to put you down, but you constantly get mad at people on here for doing that exact same thing.
Except that I am not assuming I know what goes on behind close doors... hence why I said "IMO". My comment about putting in the work is directed at the work they all should be doing in the off season. Whatever that means and it's clear that he and the entire team has a lot to work on, as any team that wants to be successful should be doing. Basically my post should be taken as a generality and nothing more.

This post was edited on 3/23 1:32 PM by BBG

Except that I am not assuming I know what goes on behind close doors... hence why I said "IMO". My comment about putting in the work is directed at the work they all should be doing in the off season. Whatever that means and it's clear that he and the entire team has a lot to work on, as any team that wants to be successful should be doing. Basically my post should be taken as a generality and nothing more.

That's actually not what you said, but I have said my peace.

That's actually not what you said, but I have said my peace.
Well it is as I said in a general term. but if you interpreted differently then so be it. Regardless, there is nothing incorrect with what I said nor my follow up and nor did I come close to what you pointed out. Everything I said is based off of what we already know from watching him play. And again, I am a fan and supporter of Scott, nor did I start any rumors. I have no idea whether he is coming back or not, as I have stated in other threads NO ONE ON HERE DOES (and quite frankly this applies to all the players). My comment to wanting him return means just that, I WANT HIM TO RETURN AND IS IN NO INSTANCE INDICATION THAT HE IS LEAVING.

So I am sorry you are reading more in to what is there, but you most certainly are.

This post was edited on 3/23 1:43 PM by BBG

In my experience as a fan, kids who don't play, often transfer. This kid is talented, and for whatever reason, deserved or not, he was sat during games when his talents clearly would have helped. I'd put it at a less than 25% chance he's back since most kids make that decision after their sophomore year.

I agree with Heller. I do not think that Scott will be back. I wish that I am wrong and that he stays, but I do not think that I am wrong.

Originally posted by arcb102000:
I agree with Heller. I do not think that Scott will be back. I wish that I am wrong and that he stays, but I do not think that I am wrong.
Man I hope you guys are wrong
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I don't because Mathias isn't near the ballhandler that Hummel was. Mathias is especially bad when pressed. Dakota has the BB IQ but not the handles.

There is a lot more going on here than most anyone knows, except for insiders.

Scott needs to take care of business on the court, in practice, and off the court. If he does this finally, I'm sure there will be a spot for him. If he chooses to continue to freelance as he has, then the odds of him staying look quite a bit worse.

If a coach can't trust a player to make good decisions on and off the court, this particular coach will not play him. He's had plenty of chances..

Originally posted by TwinDegrees2:

Yeah and I get that point of view as well. Personally I think we all tend to read more in to things than their actually is... now, should Painter go out and get a PG then I can see Bryson looking elsewhere just simply for playing time. Because at that point he is fighting an uphill battle for minutes between 3 potential PGs.

But then again, I really like the idea of letting Dakota bring the ball up anyway. It worked well when Hummel did it and I think Dakota has the IQ to mimic that to an extent.
Sorry my friend, but Dakota ain't no Robbie Hummel. I'm just not as sold on him as you and others are. Very good passer who sees the court, hard worker with a streaky shot, but I just don't see him getting by the better defenders in the league at the PG position.

Originally posted by arcb102000:
Let me preface by saying that all of this transfer discussion is pure speculation and, I too, hope that everybody stays, but I have concerns about the entire Soph class. Obviously Bryson is the most likely but it wouldn't shock me to see Basil or to a lesser extent Kendall, move on. Basil is a bench player with a Freshman firmly planted in front of him. If Swanigan comes, he may not get much PT at all and even if he doesn't, Jaquil could steal some minutes. He could work on his ball handling and shooting and try to get some wing minutes but he'd have to jump 2 or 3 guys. If he stays, he's probably a role player (but a good one) for the duration. Kendall also lost his starting job to a freshman and, arguably, regressed this year. Sure, some of that could be due to injury but not all of it. I think Kendall is the least likely to go because of his family connections and I believe he has the potential still to be one of our best players over the next two years if he gets healthy and develops his game. But stranger things have happened.

Good Lord I hope you are wrong about Kendall...i think he understands that he had a horrible shooting slump this year and he caught a bit of the injury bug as well...I think by and by he is a hard worker and will figure it all out and I really think he'll get paid some money to play basketball in a few years...but i have know idea, i'm not there. As for Basil and Bryson, i really can't see either leaving unless byson has some issues that no one on this board knows about. He will have a role on this team next year if he can figure out how to manage the game as a point guard. He needs to average about 6 assists a game and about 4 points and a couple steals and be a shut down defender. that is all and i think he has that in him. I think Basil is who he is at this point...tough defender, he needs to get stronger and a little more consistent on offense but hey...thats what the OFFSEASON is for! A new team and a new school isn't going to help those 2 get any better. It's on them

Can we just stop this thread? "Good Lord I hope you are wrong about Kendall…."…this person is literally shooting from the hip. This is why rumors start. Just stop.

Bryson was also the first to give PJ a pat on the back during the time out after PJ launched the ill-fated air-ball 3 at a critical time. Seemed like the proper teammate response to me. I don't know if he will be back or not, but I hope so. I believe he will turn the corner on his decision making next year and would be a real asset for the boilermakers.

I gotta give a lot of credit to the guys who come off the bench! Its difficult to come in and play well, when you aren't in the flow of the game yet and everyone else is warmed up? I hope those guys stay.

To me, there are no two other players on the Purdue roster that I cheer to succeed more for than Bryson and Basil. Everyone wants them to succeed. Mackey probably gets juiced up most when those two are playing well. I hope to see that a lot more this coming season.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Personally, I think Basil is safely in the fold. He might not be a regular starter as long as Vince is around, but I think he'll see plenty of action in the next two years.

There's a big role for him on this team, and I could legitimately see Basil winning 6th man of the year, maybe twice.

The reason we lost to Cinci was that we couldn't make a shot, period. What were Bryson's shooting stats?

Is it possible that Scott showing less emotion on the bench could just be part of his maturation process?

The reason we lost to Cinci was that we couldn't make a shot, period. What were Bryson's shooting stats?

Originally posted by Bruce1:
ehh. his fg % is better than PJT and Dakota so...are you making a point?

Originally posted by Bruce1:
ehh. his fg % is better than PJT and Dakota so...are you making a point?
And Stephens while you're at it. We have some "really good shooters" who don't shoot well with any consistency. Sure hope that changes this offseason because we can't count on a freshman Cline to come in and change that right away (just like Stephens and Mathias didn't shoot well their 1st year, or 1st 2 in Stephens case).

SDBoiler1 posted on 3/23/2015...
There is a lot more going on here than most anyone knows, except for insiders.

Scott needs to take care of business on the court, in practice, and off the court. If he does this finally, I'm sure there will be a spot for him. If he chooses to continue to freelance as he has, then the odds of him staying look quite a bit worse.

If a coach can't trust a player to make good decisions on and off the court, this particular coach will not play him. He's had plenty of chances..

You keep saying the same stuff but when asked have yet to post one single example or fact to back it up. At this point I take your posts about as seriously as the Nic Moore will transfer stuff. A message board rumor that gains legs when continuously posted. If you have something concrete post it. If not, then please clearly label your posts as your speculation and stop acting like its Gospel.

Heller,

No need to get your dander up. What I know was told to me in confidence by someone who would know and I gave my word I wouldn't leak what I was told. If I say more than I have I will betray the trust of someone I would like to keep as my friend. As well, it's not my place to implicate a Purdue student-athlete before the staff has a chance to decide, along with the player and his family, the best course of action for all involved.

Originally posted by SDBoiler1:

As well, it's not my place to implicate a Purdue student-athlete before the staff has a chance to decide, along with the player and his family, the best course of action for all involved.
But you have done just that. You have started a rumor that Bryson Scott has done something seriously wrong. And by not specifying the crime, you are leaving it to the imagination of the people on this board.

What did you hope to gain?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT