ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's Vietnam

We are in Europe to bolster the continent’s allies against Russia. We’re in Japan to bolster Asian allies against China and North Korea. We’re in South Korea to bolster Asian allies against China and North Korea.

What is the being bolstered having us in Afghanistan? Oh yeah, what about the children? 🤣🙀
We are protecting our country against future terrorism.....and the kids? Really?

By being in Europe, Japan, and South Korea are all countries with enough resources to protect themselves. Afghanistan not so much.

You are certainly free to have your opinion but there are a lot of military leaders who I believe have more understanding of the situation than you. What about the safety of the Afghan women and children, Ted?
I hope the US stops arming militia groups and creating things like Al Qaeda and ISIS.

I asked this question earlier and no one wants to address it. what about all of the progress women's rights have made in Afghanistan over the last 15 years? I guess no one cares about that?

Why is the 20 years time line in Afghanistan matter when we have had troop in Euorpe and Japan for 70 years? Can't the Europeans and the Japanese provide for their own protection without tens of thousands of our troops stationed there?

The American military say we should stay in Afghanistan.

The bottom line is that Biden will be responsible for a massive bloodbath in Afghanistan.
We can’t afford to babysit everyone. We held their hands for 2 decades. Time to sink or swim.

Who gives a damn about Afghanistan?

About-Board-directorsJL_OTRIBNIGHT_09.jpg

We can’t afford to babysit everyone. We held their hands for 2 decades. Time to sink or swim.
Thats basically what Obama did when he pulled out of Iraq too early and we ended up with ISIS. In this case we have a very good idea what is going to happen, its already happening

Last edited:
who know if Trump would have pulled the plug on the withdrawal or not. That isn’t really the point, is it? The point is This President is doing it regardless of the situation on the ground. This President is…..Biden…..or whoever is really pulling the strings on the puppet.

who know if Trump would have pulled the plug on the withdrawal or not. That isn’t really the point, is it? The point is This President is doing it regardless of the situation on the ground. This President is…..Biden…..or whoever is really pulling the strings on the puppet.
Biden is doing it.......and I think its wrong too.

But the point is, trumpers shouldn't criticize him for it when trump was going to do the same thing........and the results would be the same. I'm not referring to you, you have been consistent about your opposition all along.

Who is pulling the strings on Biden? C'mon.

But the point is, trumpers shouldn't criticize him for it when trump was going to do the same thing........and the results would be the same. I'm not referring to you, you have been consistent about your opposition all along.

You have no knowledge if Trump was going to do the same thing. NONE!

Personally, I think it’s time for the USA to get the hell out of that quagmire.

One would think that after 20 years that country could figure out how to manage itself and not require us to do all of its thinking and heavy lifting for it. The place is a bunch of Islamist warlords fighting over control of sections of the country. They’ve been at each others’ throats for centuries and likely will be for centuries after we’re gone. There is no winning in that place.

I don’t agree with Biden on much but this is one thing I definitely do.

Personally, I think it’s time for the USA to get the hell out of that quagmire.

One would think that after 20 years that country could figure out how to manage itself and not require us to do all of its thinking and heavy lifting for it. The place is a bunch of Islamist warlords fighting over control of sections of the country. They’ve been at each others’ throats for centuries and likely will be for centuries after we’re gone. There is no winning in that place.

I don’t agree with Biden on much but this is one thing I definitely do.
So you don’t think there is any chance that terrorism will again raise its ugly head from that s hole?

Reactions: BuilderBob6
S
You have no knowledge if Trump was going to do the same thing. NONE!
No, he wanted to do it sooner.

Sometimes it's seems like you live in a bubble. It's like you don't even pay attention to what your guy says.

"Getting out of Afghanistan is a wonderful and positive thing to do," Mr. Trump said. "I planned to withdraw on May 1st, and we should keep as close to that schedule as possible."

S

Sometimes it's seems like you live in a bubble. Do you even pay attention to your guy?

"Getting out of Afghanistan is a wonderful and positive thing to do," Mr. Trump said. "I planned to withdraw on May 1st, and we should keep as close to that schedule as possible."

What someone says and does are many times entirely different things. We have seen it with family and friends many times over. You never know until they actually do it.

So you don’t think there is any chance that terrorism will again raise its ugly head from that s hole?
You think the US having a small presence there would stop terrorism from there? Taliban has been waiting in the wings for years for the US and NATO to get out.

The only way to win there would be to be fully-committed to a long-term, high impact, high casualty war on the Taliban and other Islamists.

The American people are still war weary. US politicians don’t have the political will to do what it takes to cut the head off the snake. Bombing and missiles do not work there. They just kill civilians and turn them against us more than they already are. We are foreign occupiers. They don’t want us there but they can’t run their own country either. There is no winning. They have to figure it out themselves. FFS, after 20 years you’d think they could have done so by now.

S

Sometimes it's seems like you live in a bubble. It's like you don't even pay attention to what your guy says.

Trump also showed a willingness to change his mind when the situation changed. That said, I don’t have any idea what Trump would have done. I would have hoped either President would have stopped the exit if there wasn’t a clear path for the Afghan people to have a chance for self government.

You think the US having a small presence there would stop terrorism from there? Taliban has been waiting in the wings for years for the US and NATO to get out.

The only way to win there would be to be fully-committed to a long-term, high impact, high casualty war on the Taliban and other Islamists.

The American people are still war weary. US politicians don’t have the political will to do what it takes to cut the head off the snake. Bombing and missiles do not work there. They just kill civilians and turn them against us more than they already are. We are foreign occupiers. They don’t want us there but they can’t run their own country either. There is no winning. They have to figure it out themselves. FFS, after 20 years you’d think they could have done so by now.
Yes, I think a military presence would give us the intelligence and quick strike capability to counter terrorist cells planning attacks on the US. I also don t believe the Taliban has changed their views on women.

What someone says and does are many times entirely different things. We have seen it with family and friends many times over. You never know until they actually do it.
Well we're not talking about family and friends, were talking about the president and the public statements of his intentions..........in an election year. We're also talking about pulling personnel and equipment out of a foreign country than we've been in for 20 years. The logistics alone is massive and takes vast amounts of planning and coordination, you can't do it or simply change plans at the drop of a hat. I can't believe this actually has to be explained to you.

Your statement saying "You have no knowledge if Trump was going to do the same thing. NONE!" was wrong, plain and simple. Just move on.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Yes, I think a military presence would give us the intelligence and quick strike capability to counter terrorist cells planning attacks on the US. I also don t believe the Taliban has changed their views on women.
If you can’t come up with a better long-term strategy than that (an actual strategy with a long-term vision for what you want to accomplish there and tangible steps for exit criteria) then there isn’t any reason to stay there. Having more of our people die in that God-forsaken place isn’t worth it. You don’t need military people there to give us intelligence. We could have intel/spies there who are not military. We are not wanted there as occupiers which many natives currently consider us to be.

If you can’t come up with a better long-term strategy than that (an actual strategy with a long-term vision for what you want to accomplish there and tangible steps for exit criteria) then there isn’t any reason to stay there. Having more of our people die in that God-forsaken place isn’t worth it. You don’t need military people there to give us intelligence. We could have intel/spies there who are not military. We are not wanted there as occupiers which many natives currently consider us to be.
you do know that we have more soldiers die in training accidents than in Afghanistan, right?

God help us if we have another major terrorist attack on our soil.
and its not just about Afghanistan.

this is going to be a fubar of major proportions.

In trump's case it's almost an expectation. He's lied to you and the American people everyday of his presidency.

He did, but you believe Democrats don’t and are honest as the day is long. 😂
Speaking for myself, Dems lie too. But you try and downplay Trump's lies by saying Biden does the same thing......when it's not even close.

Watch his CPAC speech and the Bartiromo interview from the weekend.
Spoiler. The least dangerous but most outrageous was that there were a MILLION people at the Capitol. It becomes dangerous when his obsession for self aggrandizement that he uses to hide his massive insecurities results in lies that his followers take as fact.....and in policies that are in place just to garner support.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Speaking for myself, Dems lie too. But you try and downplay Trump's lies by saying Biden does the same thing......when it's not even close.

Watch his CPAC speech and the Bartiromo interview from the weekend.
Spoiler. The least dangerous but most outrageous was that there were a MILLION people at the Capitol. It becomes dangerous when his obsession for self aggrandizement that he uses to hide his massive insecurities results in lies that his followers take as fact.....and in policies that are in place just to garner support.
I am more concerned with what someone does than what someone says. Again, I’m a sticks and stones guy versus being consumed with what someone says on the lying O mometer.

I am more concerned with what someone does than what someone says. Again, I’m a sticks and stones guy versus being consumed with what someone says on the lying O mometer.
I know, that's become the go to excuse for you guys.

When a person lies to make themselves look better, demands loyalty above all else, constantly talks about being strong and not weak, tries to ruin anyone who goes against his wishes.......it shows fundamental character flaws. You don't think those character flaws affect his decision making? You don't think his first thought is how the decision affects him? His refusal to accept the election results is a perfect example. You think he gives a damn about what it's doing to the country?

I know, that's become the go to excuse for you guys.

When a person lies to make themselves look better, demands loyalty above all else, constantly talks about being strong and not weak, tries to ruin anyone who goes against his wishes.......it shows fundamental character flaws. You don't think those character flaws affect his decision making? You don't think his first thought is how the decision affects him? His refusal to accept the election results is a perfect example. You think he gives a damn about what it's doing to the country?
The election is over and I don’t care what Trump thinks or lies about. He is out and doesn’t affect my life. What does affect my life is what Biden has done. I don’t like the energy policy, immigration, stimulus checks, and more wasteful spending. Theses things are costing me more money and overall not good for much of the population.

The election is over and I don’t care what Trump thinks or lies about. He is out and doesn’t affect my life. What does affect my life is what Biden has done. I don’t like the energy policy, immigration, stimulus checks, and more wasteful spending. Theses things are costing me more money and overall not good for much of the population.
How are these things 'costing you money'? You're just mad about these things because this is what you've been told to be mad about. None of those things is costing you anything because hardly anything related to what you mentioned has been passed.

And you should care what Trump thinks or lies about. Let me check that. I KNOW you care about what he says. He's your golden calf and the majority of the republican party bows down to him. No need to pretend you aren't very aware and completely fine with that.

Reactions: indy35
How are these things 'costing you money'? You're just mad about these things because this is what you've been told to be mad about. None of those things is costing you anything because hardly anything related to what you mentioned has been passed.

And you should care what Trump thinks or lies about. Let me check that. I KNOW you care about what he says. He's your golden calf and the majority of the republican party bows down to him. No need to pretend you aren't very aware and completely fine with that.
Well it costs me more for gasoline, heating and cooling my home, food is up, most all goods are up. Didn’t Biden cancel the pipeline and make it harder for fracking. Our country went from energy independence to energy dependence since Biden took charge, Pass out stimulus checks and people refuse to work. Employers are paying a lot more for employees thus passing on goods and services to me. I guess you are exempt to these things.

The guy who just got 70% in the straw poll for 2024 republican nominee at CPAC says the election is NOT over.

It's like you guys love his policies, don't really care for the guy.......and totally freakin ignore the FACT he's still running the party. You're stuck with him until at least the next presidential election cycle.

So you half ass defend him because you just have to be against the liberals and then resort to the "I don't care what he says, only what he does" BS in crunch time.

The hayseeds in the pickups with trump flags flying......they really DO want him as president again. Coat tail grabbers like Abbott and Noem, Boebert and MTG really BELIEVE he should be president again. Those are your people.....spreading his lies and promoting disinformation, trying to inflame and scare the hell out of the base with this anti vaccid bullshit, coming to your door to get your guns, Babbitt was a hero, and the FBI was behind January 6th. It's all just crap but it keeps people pissed off.

Well it costs me more for gasoline, heating and cooling my home, food is up, most all goods are up. Didn’t Biden cancel the pipeline and make it harder for fracking. Our country went from energy independence to energy dependence since Biden took charge, Pass out stimulus checks and people refuse to work. Employers are paying a lot more for employees thus passing on goods and services to me. I guess you are exempt to these things.
As has been said multiple times on here, the president has nothing to do with gas prices. The pipeline has nothing to do with gas prices. He’s done nothing about fracking.

Dude, get your news from actual sources, not the shrill sites you apparently frequent. My god.

Reactions: indy35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT