ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's Vietnam

The crime is being in a war for 20 years.
That’s not a crime when we are fighting people who abuse women, refuse to educate females or even give them basic rights, harbor extremists who kill Americans on our soil and more. Having a few thousands troops on the ground to provide basic security support to a government that has addressed these atrocities is not war. Having tens of thousands of troops in Europe and Japan 75 years after WW2?

That's a crime

Reactions: Repo Czar
That’s not a crime when we are fighting people who abuse women, refuse to educate females or even give them basic rights, harbor extremists who kill Americans on our soil and more. Having a few thousands troops on the ground to provide basic security support to a government that has addressed these atrocities is not war. Having tens of thousands of troops in Europe and Japan 75 years after WW2?

That's a crime
We had troops in Europe and Japan to keep Russia and China at Bay. If Afghanistan can’t keep some jive group like the Taliban at bay then there is no hope for them.

We had troops in Europe and Japan to keep Russia and China at Bay. If Afghanistan can’t keep some jive group like the Taliban at bay then there is no hope for them.
Now that’s funny, Europe has more population than the US, they have the second or third largest economy in the world and we are their primary protector? Japan has enough people and economy to protect themselves too.

Afghanistan has some “jive group like the Taliban”? You sound just like Pres Obama calling ISIS a JV team, LOL.

Given your views on race I would think you would be against the US protecting all those white racists in Europe and against deserting people of color in the Middle East. SMH.

Lastly, you don’t care about women’s rights in Afghanistan?

Now that’s funny, Europe has more population than the US, they have the second or third largest economy in the world and we are their primary protector? Japan has enough people and economy to protect themselves too.

Afghanistan has some “jive group like the Taliban”? You sound just like Pres Obama calling ISIS a JV team, LOL.

Given your views on race I would think you would be against the US protecting all those white racists in Europe and against deserting people of color in the Middle East. SMH.

Lastly, you don’t care about women’s rights in Afghanistan?
If it were up to me I would bring all the troops home if we aren’t in a hot war with anyone. That is the only thing I agree with the Libertarians with. Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said anything about white racists in Europe. And I could care less about the Arabs. I’m more concerned about the deplorables we have in this country. Germans ain’t waving Nazi flags and symbols anymore I tell you that.

Evacuating thousands of Afghans who have helped the US over the years is tantamount to admitting we are giving Ahganistan back to the Taliban. What a crime!
The crime is in staying there for 20 years. The Afghan gov't can only survive with outside military help. This was bound to happen, it was just a question of when. Does the U.S. ever learn its lesson about nation building?

If it were up to me I would bring all the troops home if we aren’t in a hot war with anyone. That is the only thing I agree with the Libertarians with. Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said anything about white racists in Europe. And I could care less about the Arabs. I’m more concerned about the deplorables we have in this country. Germans ain’t waving Nazi flags and symbols anymore I tell you that.
You sure about that? No Gumbos or Sambos or Jumbaylayas in Germany or Europe either? Maybe you should move their then except what would you have to bitch constantly about how bad everything is where you live?

Wrong about Germany: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/opinion/germanys-nazi-past-is-still-present.html

Arabs are people too. Women and children will be persecuted but .... Do you not care? I care about all people of all colors, especially women and children.

Reactions: Crayfish57
The crime is in staying there for 20 years. The Afghan gov't can only survive with outside military help. This was bound to happen, it was just a question of when. Does the U.S. ever learn its lesson about nation building?
please read the other comments regarding Afgan women and children. They matter and the 20 year war was anything but a 20 year war. Our presence keeps the women and children in Afghanistan safer.

please read the other comments regarding Afgan women and children. They matter and the 20 year war was anything but a 20 year war. Our presence keeps the women and children in Afghanistan safer.
The US has kept Afghanistan in a constant state of turmoil to secure the opium trade. This has been well documented.

Evacuating thousands of Afghans who have helped the US over the years is tantamount to admitting we are giving Ahganistan back to the Taliban. What a crime!
This is the most ridiculous take out of all of your idiotic, far right, nonsense.

You want out, this is out, just like Vietnam. Go watch "Last Days in Vietnam" those are Americans who didn't win any Medals but upheld American values at a difficult time. At least this time we are being more proactive, Biden didn't create this mess.

Reactions: Bill4411 and indy35
Trump largely did that very thing. He basically destroyed ISIS, got us out of Iraq and Syria and had us on the path to getting out of Afghanistan.

This is the most ridiculous take out of all of your idiotic, far right, nonsense.

You want out, this is out, just like Vietnam. Go watch "Last Days in Vietnam" those are Americans who didn't win any Medals but upheld American values at a difficult time. At least this time we are being more proactive, Biden didn't create this mess.
Trump wanted the US out of Afghanistan, too. Bush and Obama helped make Afghanistan the quagmire it was. There was no winning there and the US did not have the will to win there. It’s largely a lawless quagmire. So is southern Pakistan. You’d think the US would have understood what happened to Russia in the ‘80s.

Here’s a good article that gives the history I’d eradication efforts. It’s important to remember why the US went into Afghanistan

Here’s a good article that gives the history I’d eradication efforts. It’s important to remember why the US went into Afghanistan

War on Drugs talking points from the Obama State Dept? I don't see how that's relevant to the CIA's decades-long manipulation of the opium trade.

War on Drugs talking points from the Obama State Dept? I don't see how that's relevant to the CIA's decades-long manipulation of the opium trade.
I don’t see what the decades old opium-CIA stories have to do with abandoning the Afghan Women and children to the Taliban, ISIS, and AlQueda and exposing Americans to a resurgence of terrorism.

I don’t see what the decades old opium-CIA stories have to do with abandoning the Afghan Women and children to the Taliban, ISIS, and AlQueda and exposing Americans to a resurgence of terrorism.
You're right, it has nothing to do with it. Because the US's presence in Afghanistan does not make anyone safer.

Trump wanted out of there before he left office? It’s the right thing to do - there’s no winning in that God-forsaken place - just more soldiers in body bags and more soldiers maimed.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
You're right, it has nothing to do with it. Because the US's presence in Afghanistan does not make anyone safer.
You are certainly free to have your opinion but there are a lot of military leaders who I believe have more understanding of the situation than you. What about the safety of the Afghan women and children, Ted?

Trump wanted out of there before he left office? It’s the right thing to do - there’s no winning in that God-forsaken place - just more soldiers in body bags and more soldiers maimed.
I believe. trump wouldn’t have left without assurances from his advisers that the Afghan government could survive. you Do remember 9-11 don’t you?

I believe. trump wouldn’t have left without assurances from his advisers that the Afghan government could survive. you Do remember 9-11 don’t you?
You and I are in agreement on policy on this one but I don't think trump was at all concerned that the government would survive, anymore that it appears Biden is. I don't recall trump mentioning it all, let alone taking steps to insure it. Besides, what steps can we take with no military presence in country?

Why do you believe that? Because Trump has so often sought to understand complicated issues prior to jumping in with his gut, or whatever the last person he talked to said? You can't be serious.

Reactions: Bill4411
You and I are in agreement on policy on this one but I don't think trump was at all concerned that the government would survive, anymore that it appears Biden is. I don't recall trump mentioning it all, let alone taking steps to insure it. Besides, what steps can we take with no military presence in country?
Ah Yes, Put the work Trump in a post and the haters come out! Funny!

Why do you believe that? Because Trump has so often sought to understand complicated issues prior to jumping in with his gut, or whatever the last person he talked to said? You can't be serious.
Ha! See my answer to Bob. LOL

There's less risk than keeping our people there in harm's way. Exactly what good does the US get by staying there anymore? It's only been 20 years, now.....

I asked this question earlier and no one wants to address it. what about all of the progress women's rights have made in Afghanistan over the last 15 years? I guess no one cares about that?

Why is the 20 years time line in Afghanistan matter when we have had troop in Euorpe and Japan for 70 years? Can't the Europeans and the Japanese provide for their own protection without tens of thousands of our troops stationed there?

The American military say we should stay in Afghanistan.

The bottom line is that Biden will be responsible for a massive bloodbath in Afghanistan.

I asked this question earlier and no one wants to address it. what about all of the progress women's rights have made in Afghanistan over the last 15 years? I guess no one cares about that?

Why is the 20 years time line in Afghanistan matter when we have had troop in Euorpe and Japan for 70 years? Can't the Europeans and the Japanese provide for their own protection without tens of thousands of our troops stationed there?

The American military say we should stay in Afghanistan.

The bottom line is that Biden will be responsible for a massive bloodbath in Afghanistan.
Comparing Europe and Japan after WWII to Afghanistan is laughable. What exactly does the US gain economically by being in that $hit$how? At some point, they have to learn how to run their own country. It’s been lawless from before we went in there and will be lawless when we leave. There is no winning there. Ask Russia throughout the 1980s. It’s just a bunch of terroristic ethnic tribes trying to kill each other.

Comparing Europe and Japan after WWII to Afghanistan is laughable. What exactly does the US gain economically by being in that $hit$how? At some point, they have to learn how to run their own country. It’s been lawless from before we went in there and will be lawless when we leave. There is no winning there. Ask Russia throughout the 1980s. It’s just a bunch of terroristic ethnic tribes trying to kill each other.
What does the US gain economically by spending all of the money on troops and bases in Europe and Japan?

You still dont want to address the humanitarian crisis and its affect on the women and children of Afghanistan? and Obviously you arent concerned about the Taliban hoisting up some more radical terrorists like ISIS either? There are a lot of good reasons to stay.

What does the US gain economically by spending all of the money on troops and bases in Europe and Japan?

You still dont want to address the humanitarian crisis and its affect on the women and children of Afghanistan? and Obviously you arent concerned about the Taliban hoisting up some more radical terrorists like ISIS either? There are a lot of good reasons to stay.
We are in Europe to bolster the continent’s allies against Russia. We’re in Japan to bolster Asian allies against China and North Korea. We’re in South Korea to bolster Asian allies against China and North Korea.

What is the being bolstered having us in Afghanistan? Oh yeah, what about the children? 🤣🙀

Ah Yes, Put the work Trump in a post and the haters come out! Funny!
No, the trump fact checkers. Why don't you provide a link or quote that says trump was concerned about the survival of the Afghan government and had a plan to keep it in place? That's the assertion you made above. Let's see it.

Did you notice I put Biden in the exact same place as trump. Neither cares enough about the Afghan government. Your reply? Measured or bipartisan? Hell no. You cry about trump haters......and ignore the facts.

That's shit doesn't work anymore. Trump doesn't get a break just because people don't like him.

You do know trump made a deal for withdrawal with the Taliban that didn't include the Afghan government right?

Back up what you claimed or stfu and stop deflecting with your trump pity party. Sick and tired of your excuse making for trump by claiming his haters have to be wrong solely because they hate him.

Reactions: z_one
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT