ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going to hear from the president?

The logic that escapes you is that law enforcement will save lives before buildings.
That's not the same as your statement.......which is not what I said.....not even close. I said nothing about letting the cities burn. PRIORITY. If you're going to reply you need to be accurate about what I said.

There's a reason firefighters get the people out of the building first.

"The station can be replaced....lives cannot."

It's just property. Use whatever words you want.

We can't have police just walking away from buildings that are being destroyed & looted....because a criminal or cop might get hurt. That approach leads to the lawlessness we are seeing around the country today.

"The station can be replaced....lives cannot."

It's just property. Use whatever words you want.

We can't have police just walking away from buildings that are being destroyed & looted....because a criminal or cop might get hurt. That approach leads to the lawlessness we are seeing around the country today.
You full of sh1t. You take out the "lives" part and the meaning is completely changed.

Lives are more important than property. That says NOTHING about walking away from crimes in progress or allowing destruction of property. It means if it comes down to one or the other law enforcement will save lives.

Now twist that to make your argument make sense.

If your house is on fire I imagine even you would get your family out before you turned on the hose.

Reactions: BleedinGold
This is the best view that I have seen of the initiation of the Church incident. It was the live feed of the Australian journalists referenced previously who were very near the front of the group.

DOJ official says that Barr is the one who pulled the trigger on ordering the protesters dispersed.

Not sure how to take that. Does he have any authority on this front?

Reactions: BuilderBob6
No just correctly predicted all things anti Trump reaction. Very predictable

Here is my prediction of the MAGA crowd's reaction on a daily basis

headinsand_getty_crop_nov_2014_0.png

"None of this criticism of the Obama administration is meant to draw an equivalence with Trump’s unprecedented three-year verbal assault on a free press. There’s no comparison when Trump calls the media “the enemy of the people,” and more and more Americans believe him. One was even charged by Trump’s own Justice Department with threatening to travel from California to The Boston Globe newsroom to kill newspaper employees. Such violence would be on Trump’s hands."

Not if he said he was resigning.

You people are hopelessly in love with the greatest enemy to America in our lifetime.

What is wrong with you?

Nothing is wrong with me. And the love of a politician statement is projection on your part. It is how the left felt for Obama, they think all people are like that, and assume an independent/Republican/Conservative loves Trump.

Yeah it's almost like some asshole has spent the last 4 years telling the country that the media is "the enemy of the people".
Well there's plenty of media malfeasance on their coverage of Trump over the years. When he says fake news it's not unfounded. If you're honest enough to look you'll find it. I don't think him using his 1st amendment right to fight back with his words is a problem. In fact I applaud him for it. Most other presidents just sat there and took it.

Edit: Fixed it

Last edited:
Reactions: BSIT and Purdue97
Are you dense? No, I wouldn't let the protesters destroy everything. And no, I wouldn't send in the troops and kick ass and completely ignore why there is a protest in the first.......because then you are not solving anything beyond the immediate crisis.......and the process will repeat again the next time a cop kills a black man.

But you and trump and the rest of the flat earthers don't GAF about the next time...... beyond thinking that hitting them hard this time will prevent the next.

The problem is, which nobody has an answer too, is where and how to draw the line.

The military can stop this easy, but as I said elsewhere, we really do not want to go there.

If one would have stopped them from the original police station and stores, draws a firm line that will not be tolerated, maybe ‘protestors’ are not so emboldened. That said, with the likely deaths and rough arrests and melees that would likely occur, maybe things are worse. Who knows?

Unfortunately, I think now strict curfews and a zero tolerance for arson/looting/violenceis needed. Likely going to get worse in some slots before it is better.

Well there's plenty of media malfeasance on their coverage of Trump over the years. When he says fake news it's not unfounded. If you're honest enough to look you'll find it. I don't think him using his 2nd amendment right to fight back with his words is a problem. In fact I applaud him for it. Most other presidents just sat there and took it.

I honestly had grown tired of the fake news mantra from him. Thought he was to combative and honestly he still is sometimes. But when those secret testimonies came out about Russian collusion, how many knew it was all bs, and the media and Schiff/Pelosi Schumer etc all kept up the barrage over the years, I understood it. Right there, if anyone ‘trusts’ a politician or ‘loves’ some political party that is one’s choice. Fir the life of me, I do not get it.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Well there's plenty of media malfeasance on their coverage of Trump over the years. When he says fake news it's not unfounded. If you're honest enough to look you'll find it. I don't think him using his 2nd amendment right to fight back with his words is a problem. In fact I applaud him for it. Most other presidents just sat there and took it.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/bill-of-rights-transcript

Sounds like you need a refresher. That's ok though, I doubt Trump has read it either.

Nothing is wrong with me. And the love of a politician statement is projection on your part. It is how the left felt for Obama, they think all people are like that, and assume an independent/Republican/Conservative loves Trump.

It’s not even close to how the left felt about Obama but that’s a nice try at whataboutism bud.

Trump is not dividing the country. The agitation is coming from the media. Now I will say that Trump has done plenty to not help himself, but there has been plenty that the media has done to stoke division. More so than Trump has done himself. You'd never notice that though because you appear to refuse to look at the whole story.

Case in point right here. "But now, someone has decided that it is time to slam the door shut? It's time to close the door that has always been open for the oppressed of the world? Where would our ancestors be if this had happened earlier. Where would we be?"

WTF are you talking about? He's not slamming the door shut. He's trying to cut off those BREAKING THE LAW by entering illegally. He's not stopping ALL immigrants. When people flow across illegally they are hurting those waiting in line that tried to do it the right way. Jesus! How can you not see that?!

Curious, can you share what Trump's done in the past week to help bring the country together? Holding up a bible upside down and saying nothing? Or going to his bunker?

Reactions: TheCainer
So? At least he went. Obama claimed to attend church and be a Christian too.

Oh, getting your full birther on!

Trump didn't go into the church. He stood outside and held a bible that his daughter pulled out of her purse and held it upside down. The leaders of the church have stated they had no clue he was coming and have been rather strong in their statements regarding his behavior.

Reactions: TheCainer
Curious, can you share what Trump's done in the past week to help bring the country together? Holding up a bible upside down and saying nothing? Or going to his bunker?
Look, I can admit that things could have been done differently, but there are a lot more things that has happened in a week than holding a bible and going to the bunker. Him going in the bunker I'm sure was protocol based on what was happening nearby, so to besmirch him for that is asinine. He should have come out and spoke more, but this notion that he hasn't at all is also not true.

Trump called all of the governors and told them they had his support if they needed it. Many of these governors are to blame for not doing their job and letting it get out of hand. Or would you have rather had Trump jump in action right away? I get that Trump could have done a LOT of things better, but why aren't you guys calling out those governors and mayors for their failures? Seriously. There's plenty of blame to go around yet EVERYONE on the left is only focused on Trump. Like I said, there's plenty to blame him for, but be consistent.

I’d bet I’m pretty spot on in my assessment. Then again, anything looks great compared to this orange turd in a suit
Assessment of my left leaning families views? No, not even close. It speaks volumes as to your reasoning skills to assume you are right in this situation too.

Reactions: BSIT
Assessment of my left leaning families views? No, not even close. It speaks volumes as to your reasoning skills to assume you are right in this situation too.
I have yet to find anyone who voted for Obama say they wished they had voted for someone else. They still love him

Look, I can admit that things could have been done differently, but there are a lot more things that has happened in a week than holding a bible and going to the bunker. Him going in the bunker I'm sure was protocol based on what was happening nearby, so to besmirch him for that is asinine. He should have come out and spoke more, but this notion that he hasn't at all is also not true.

Trump called all of the governors and told them they had his support if they needed it. Many of these governors are to blame for not doing their job and letting it get out of hand. Or would you have rather had Trump jump in action right away? I get that Trump could have done a LOT of things better, but why aren't you guys calling out those governors and mayors for their failures? Seriously. There's plenty of blame to go around yet EVERYONE on the left is only focused on Trump. Like I said, there's plenty to blame him for, but be consistent.

But isn't that exactly the problem - he hasn't bothered to speak to the country. He tries to tell the governors what they should be doing and try to shift blame on them like they are his employees (like he did with Covid), he tries to talk tough on Twitter....but he's done nothing himself to soothe anything.

There's protests all across the country -- a speech by a mayor or governor in one state isn't going to accomplish anything in the 49 other states.

We have a president for a reason....to lead the country.

Reactions: PurdueFan1
I have yet to find anyone who voted for Obama say they wished they had voted for someone else. They still love him

What’s your point? I don’t regret voting for him but he certainly did plenty I disagreed with. Trump fans defend trump first and put the country second. That’s some messed up stuff right there.

Oh, getting your full birther on!

Trump didn't go into the church. He stood outside and held a bible that his daughter pulled out of her purse and held it upside down. The leaders of the church have stated they had no clue he was coming and have been rather strong in their statements regarding his behavior.
My birther on???? What a stupid statement.

But isn't that exactly the problem - he hasn't bothered to speak to the country. He tries to tell the governors what they should be doing and try to shift blame on them like they are his employees (like he did with Covid), he tries to talk tough on Twitter....but he's done nothing himself to soothe anything.

There's protests all across the country -- a speech by a mayor or governor in one state isn't going to accomplish anything in the 49 other states.

We have a president for a reason....to lead the country.
If governors did their job he wouldn't have to tell them what to do. That's not shifting blame that's delegating. It absolutely is the job of governors to keep the peace in their states first. I'm not sure what you're referring to on the Covid front because I don't see the failure that you do. IMO that's probably more of a media issue than an actual failure.

As far as soothing the country, I agree. He needs to be presidential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT