ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going to hear from the president?

BuilderBob6

All-American
Jan 27, 2007
North Carolina
Something other than tweets about threats to send in troops, fake news, polls, or designating Antifa.

Five or six days of riots across America seems like a crisis he should talk to us about.

Don't know if this is true but it certainly makes sense.

He could at least do this.

Something other than tweets about threats to send in troops, fake news, polls, or designating Antifa.

Five or six days of riots across America seems like a crisis he should talk to us about.

Why, so you and Indy and Beth can trash him? You'd hate him if he gave you a million dollars. BTW....he's been on several times through this.

There is absolutely nothing he could say or do that you and many wouldn’t find fault with.

There is absolutely nothing he could say or do that you and many wouldn’t find fault with.
He'll speak when he has a plan to end the riots. He's already spoken multiple times about the death of Floyd, but you're right....some just want to post to bash him.

BTW....Where is Barack, Michelle, Maxine, Jesse, and the Rhev Al condemning the riots and mayhem? And why hasn't Bob or Indy questioned when they'll be talking about how the looters are wrong?

Well if Phil Rucker from WaPo says it, must be true!

Reactions: Boilermaker03
He'll speak when he has a plan to end the riots. He's already spoken multiple times about the death of Floyd, but you're right....some just want to post to bash him.

BTW....Where is Barack, Michelle, Maxine, Jesse, and the Rhev Al condemning the riots and mayhem? And why hasn't Bob or Indy questioned when they'll be talking about how the looters are wrong?
A) I don't see a reason that he couldn't have a nationwide address. He has made addresses for less. As long as he stayed on script and read off the teleprompter, I'm willing to bet one of his speech writers could come up with a decent condemnation of the violence and looting and a call for peace. It's not THAT hard to do and set up. Even if there are no specifics, the very act of calling for everyone to take a breath will not be bashed. You wont please everybody, but at least try to do SOMETHING to diffuse the situation.
B) on the Obama front.....https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/barack-obama-george-floyd/index.html

Reactions: BleedinGold

I'm not talking about Floyd and you know it. But neither you nor Trump think trying to calm the country through a national address is part of his job. He thinks calling elected officials weak and threatening to call in the 82nd airborne is all that matters.

I was gonna post what Obama said but Squeak already did. He's not even in office and he's doing more to calm the country than Trump.

Reactions: BleedinGold
He is incapable as a person and leader to show the necessary empathy and deliver a sincere message of unification. The riots will continue because there is no justice or any solution offered up in the eyes of the protesters. This is now exacerbated by the response of further police brutality during some of the peaceful protests. His inability to condemn or address the elements of hate in his own party and the law enforcement system will keep the country fractured. If he is unable to address these things, then he is only pandering to his shrinking base and he is likely done politically.

I keep seeing the Republicans referred to as the party of Lincoln, but the rest of the country laughs at that notion. Members of the Republican party condone the actions of white supremacy and racism by allowing them to operate openly within their ranks. Why allow Nazi symbols or Confederate flags at rallies? How much longer do people need to recognize that all men are created equal. 150+ years is not enough to come around to this notion? How much longer would you like?
Men of quality do not fear equality.

He is incapable as a person and leader to show the necessary empathy and deliver a sincere message of unification. The riots will continue because there is no justice or any solution offered up in the eyes of the protesters. This is now exacerbated by the response of further police brutality during some of the peaceful protests. His inability to condemn or address the elements of hate in his own party and the law enforcement system will keep the country fractured. If he is unable to address these things, then he is only pandering to his shrinking base and he is likely done politically.

I keep seeing the Republicans referred to as the party of Lincoln, but the rest of the country laughs at that notion. Members of the Republican party condone the actions of white supremacy and racism by allowing them to operate openly within their ranks. Why allow Nazi symbols or Confederate flags at rallies? How much longer do people need to recognize that all men are created equal. 150+ years is not enough to come around to this notion? How much longer would you like?
Men of quality do not fear equality.
I assume you've seen this.
All Americans should.
These guys are really bringing it.

Irony that a Republican (Lincoln) freed the slaves when Dems, at that time, wanted them still shackled and working on the plantations.
What is it about right wingers that they have no understanding of history? Take credit for something from 1865 but ignore almost everything since.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Irony that a Republican (Lincoln) freed the slaves when Dems, at that time, wanted them still shackled and working on the plantations.
That was the case 155 years ago.
Is that relative today?
This is a group of conservative republicans who represented the party of Lincoln just a few years ago.
It's not ironic that you and people like you now ostracize them and worship trump. Just sad.

Thanks for posting. I agree with this former Republican governor that Trump needs to read a prepared speech without deviating by one word. We need a leader.

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
He could save the world and people would find fault and protest.
Lol. When you F up as much as he does you're going to get criticized.....a lot.

Listen to the call with the governor's call. He's like a little kid playing army.
Dominate.....you have to dominate.

Zero words of understanding or empathy.

George Floyd's brother stood on the spot where he died and called for peace. The president is telling the governors to shoot the people throwing rocks and calling for retribution.

That's pretty easy to criticize.

Listen to the call with the governor's call. He's like a little kid playing army.

George Floyd's brother stood on the spot where he died and called for peace. The president is telling the governors to shoot the people throwing rocks and calling for retribution.

Trump is telling governors across the country....do what Minnesota finally did. The Minneapolis mayor tried the empathy/call for peace approach....and failed miserably. Hundreds of locally owned businesses destroyed. Fires set across the city. Took him a few days (after taking over for incompetent Minneapolis mayor) but the governor of Minnesota got some semblance of control over the city.....by calling up National guard in huge numbers. Meanwhile another incompetent mayor (Deblasio) tried the peace approach......and failed miserably.

Antifa and others that are vandalizing, looting, throwing molotov cocktails, and bricks at law enforcement......aren't going to be listening to a president, governor, or anyone that gives a speech right now.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that mayors are not able to call up the National Guard???? Isn't that state controlled?

It takes one phone call from mayor to the governor to get National guard activated. Mayors are responsible for the security of their cities.

Deblasio for example said NYC didn't need the National guard. Rochester mayor called the governor Cuomo and asked for National guard help. Atlanta mayor called governor and asked for national guard help..

It takes one phone call from mayor to the governor to get National guard activated. Mayors are responsible for the security of their cities.

Deblasio for example said NYC didn't need the National guard. Rochester mayor called the governor Cuomo and asked for National guard help. Atlanta mayor called governor and asked for national guard help..
Minneapolis mayor seems like a helpless goober.

So looting and burning buildings down ruining people’s lives is ok by you? Of course you don’t think so. If people were to break into your home and steal everything you had and burned it down while you watched, would you do anything about it?

Reactions: BSIT
That was the case 155 years ago.
Is that relative today?
This is a group of conservative republicans who represented the party of Lincoln just a few years ago.
It's not ironic that you and people like you now ostracize them and worship trump. Just sad.
Trump and the One percent group do not speak for me. I speak for myself:
I'm of the opinion that Dems left the train station a long time ago. My grandparents DEMS no longer exist and ending the Clinton era, thru G.W. Bush and Obama they all have been problematic parties and fleeced America.
What gets me is that current DEMS cannot accept defeat, dust themselves off and get a better candidate. Make said candidate presentable with a good track record of accomplishments. Instead, they fought tooth and nail at impeachment, made up stories left and right and could not prove with any refutable evidence to have the sitting President impeached all the way thru both House of Representatives and the Senate. It was sickening what they did to people throughout that whole process. In reality, the ring leaders need jail time.
Then, COVID-19 comes along and DEMS jump on the bandwagon to take more freedoms from Americans than ever before and mismanaged their own states (I'm looking at you Governors Cuomo and Gretchen Whitmer). For the most part, I trust no numbers of cases positive and deaths as it is total bullshit since Testing and the results cannot be standardized (false positives...false negatives). What is right? Meanwhile, sweeping bailouts in the Trillions of $$$'s and keep everyone home for far to damn long was a terrible disservice to all workers and business owners. That is a huge failure of Democratic Government that I've ever seen. Instead of pandemic it was damn panic thru and thru.
Here is where we have common ground. The bad cop was stupid and is being charged for murder and rightfully so. It appears that one party will try to ride this Chaos wave as part of a new chapter all the way to the White House. That will be the new playbook chapter. Change in procedures and how humans are dealt with are necessary. Can the existing Leadership learn and stop the Tweeting to antagonize and poke the bear? The jury has not reached that verdict, but it isn't good. My opinion is that no President should use devices such as Twitter to give statements that fire up each party. That is disaster. Be a damn President for God Sakes and let results speak for themselves!
BTW, I've listened to Brian Neubert's Quarantine Simulcast and applaud his authenticity to speak out.
It is the very basis of our American Freedom of Speech, right to assemble peacefully and protest, get results by meeting Leaders and finding ways to change.

So looting and burning buildings down ruining people’s lives is ok by you? Of course you don’t think so. If people were to break into your home and steal everything you had and burned it down while you watched, would you do anything about it?
Sorta like the kids in the room saying daddy is too strict then daddy sends them to their rooms and says I’ll do your job for you

Reactions: SKYDOG
Minneapolis mayor seems like a helpless goober.

Yeah I think the Minnesota Democrat governor realized that Minneapolis mayor was in way over his head. Governor moved fairly quickly to take over. After a rough couple days.....I generally think the Minnesota governor has done a pretty good job.

Reactions: BSIT
I predict Trump will give a speech saying Governors and Mayor’s need to step up and do their jobs in protecting its citizens and property. If they continue to fail to do their jobs he’ll use the power of his office to do throbs for them then the weak lefties will say he is overstepping and is a bully child. In the meantime Trump will get blamed as cities burn. Predicable as the rising son

You do know your US History right? The fact that the Dems who FAVORED slavery walked out of the 1860 National Democratic Convention and nominated their own pro-Slavery candidate, former VP Breckinridge of Kentucky.? Regular Democrats supported Douglas Stevens of Illinois, and all the states that were about to secede gave their electoral votes to the 3rd party Southern Democrat Breckinridge. Northern (National Party) Democrats did not support either slavery or Secession...

So how does what you posted reconcile with ACTUAL Historical facts? Did you study your US History at Trump U?

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
You do know your US History right? The fact that the Dems who FAVORED slavery walked out of the 1860 National Democratic Convention and nominated their own pro-Slavery candidate, former VP Breckinridge of Kentucky.? Regular Democrats supported Douglas Stevens of Illinois, and all the states that were about to secede gave their electoral votes to the 3rd party Southern Democrat Breckinridge. Northern (National Party) Democrats did not support either slavery or Secession...

So how does what you posted reconcile with ACTUAL Historical facts? Did you study your US History at Trump U?
Unfortunately the Dems still had a number who were slow to change their views until recently. Robert Byrd for one

Reactions: Purdue97
I predict Trump will give a speech saying Governors and Mayor’s need to step up and do their jobs in protecting its citizens and property. If they continue to fail to do their jobs he’ll use the power of his office to do throbs for them then the weak lefties will say he is overstepping and is a bully child. In the meantime Trump will get blamed as cities burn. Predicable as the rising son

Here's the problem you run into when you try to defend Trump- he has a history. Just like he tweeted nonsense during Ebola, he also tweeted nonsense during previous racial incidents, like Ferguson...

He could've tweeted this last night because it applies. But he actually tweeted it when a different POTUS was in charge...

And substitute Washington, Minneapolis, Atlanta, etc... for "Ferguson" in this tweet...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT