ADVERTISEMENT

19 children

Great article.

Data like this doesn't match the narrative put out by everyone's favorite "news" network that the country is deteriorating based on Biden's "liberal agenda". Hard argument to make when the red states are having a rougher time than the blue states and most laws and policing are done at the state and local level.
Question would you feel safer walking in Chicago, NYC, Portland, Seattle, LA, SanFran today or 10 years ago? The liberal agenda of going light on crime and attacking police has made things worse not better

Question would you feel safer walking in Chicago, NYC, Portland, Seattle, LA, SanFran today or 10 years ago? The liberal agenda of going light on crime and attacking police has made things worse not better
Why the gaslighting, BSIT? Liberal agenda? Come on. What crimes do people want to go lighter on? Misdemeanors like marijuana? Yes. Murders? No. Re the police. The messaging is awful but the police also need to work on themselves.

But if you want to do this, should we talk about the Republican agenda? Being able to accuse a woman of having an abortion? Banning books? Being more upset about maybe banning AR15s than kids dying? I mean I can keep going if you’re going to start in with your nonsense.

Why the gaslighting, BSIT? Liberal agenda? Come on. What crimes do people want to go lighter on? Misdemeanors like marijuana? Yes. Murders? No. Re the police. The messaging is awful but the police also need to work on themselves.

But if you want to do this, should we talk about the Republican agenda? Being able to accuse a woman of having an abortion? Banning books? Being more upset about maybe banning AR15s than kids dying? I mean I can keep going if you’re going to start in with your nonsense.
CA has made it legal to steal up to $950 without being charged. As a result there’s been an increase in crime. Cause and effect in action

Last edited:
CA has made it legal to steal up to $950 without being charged. As a result there’s been an increase in crime. Cause and effect in action
I agree with you on that one. I think there were probably good intentions but it obviously backfired.

But it doesn’t really address any of your other stuff.

I agree with you on that one. I think there were probably good intentions but it obviously backfired.

I agree that bad cops need to be removed but not good cops. We are seeing right in front of our eyes what happens when cop support is reduced.

I agree that bad cops need to be removed but not good cops. We are seeing right in front of our eyes what happens when cop support is reduced.
You know what cops aren’t looking good right now? The Uvalde cops. Yikes.

And I think you’re mistaking support for accountability and high standards because I agree with you on getting rid of the bad cops. That’s the opposite of not supporting them.

You know what cops aren’t looking good right now? The Uvalde cops. Yikes.

And I think you’re mistaking support for accountability and high standards because I agree with you on getting rid of the bad cops. That’s the opposite of not supporting them.
Agree about Uvalde. I also agree about making cops more accountable but unfortunately our major cities aren’t adequately supporting them and IMO that’s why there have been a lot of cops leaving. If you have elected officials pushing for “defunding the police” I don’t know how as a cop you feel supported

What, with universal healthcare?

Oh wait you hate that.
Non sequitur. You can have mental institutions without having “universal healthcare”. This country did it for over 100 years. Lefties decided that mental institutions were “cruel and unusual” and pushed to get the majority of them closed.

Last edited:
In CT the liberal legislature made car theft essentially unprosecutable. This is especially true if the thieves are under 18. So what happened? Professional car theft rings started hiring juveniles to steal cars for them. The police are not allowed to chase car thieves anymore because of one major accident.

Car thefts skyrocketed and there is little recourse until the dumbass liberal legislature rewrites the law.

Are they? Anders Breivik gunned down 69 people in Norway. In the last 10 years, Germany has had multiple mass shootings, some with double digit people killed. So it happens pretty frequently in Europe too.

But go ahead and keep believing the stilted p.o.v. you get from the sources you choose to listen to/read.
What also happened pretty frequently in Europe.....and elsewhere was they actually changed the freakin gun laws in reaction to the mass shootings.

Here we just say prayers.

What also happened pretty frequently in Europe.....and elsewhere was they actually changed the freakin gun laws in reaction to the mass shootings.

Here we just say prayers.
In Germany they’ve had multiple shootings since they changed the laws. Criminals will get guns regardless of how tough the laws are. That’s the truth.

Read the article by TMan92 posted above. Gun violence is much more prevalent in "red" states.
Which includes suicide. If it's legal to own and easier to get. It's going to be the preferred method of suicide. The article he linked lied, saying that gun deaths by murder was at a rate of 20.5 per 100,000.

The reality is that they took ALL gun deaths and called them murder vs breaking it down from suicides and homicides and other.

"IN AN AVERAGE YEAR, 607 PEOPLE DIE BY GUNS IN MISSISSIPPI. WITH A RATE OF 20.4 DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE, MISSISSIPPI HAS THE 4TH-HIGHEST RATE OF GUN DEATHS IN THE UNITED STATES."

"In Mississippi, 47% of gun deaths are suicides and 47% are homicides."

"An average of 284 people in Mississippi die by gun suicide every year—a rate of 9.1 suicides per 100,000 people. In Mississippi, there is an average of 31 hours between gun suicide deaths."

"An average of 290 people in Mississippi die by gun homicide every year—a rate of 10.1 homicides per 100,000 people."

Doesn't shock me at all that a left leaning article misrepresented the information.

The death rate by homicide in Mississippi is 10.1 per 100,000. Population density is part of the reason why the rate is so high. California for example has a very dense population thus dropping their rate dramatically even though they had ~4.5 times the number of murders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indy_Rider
In Germany they’ve had multiple shootings since they changed the laws. Criminals will get guns regardless of how tough the laws are. That’s the truth.
Are we talking about criminals or crazy people?

Check on the UK or Australia or New Zealand. You can always find someplace it hasn't completely changed if you're looking hard enough. I haven't even checked your facts about Germany......because that's not the point.

With your attitude nothing will ever change, you don't even want to try because somewhere somehow the solution wasn't 100% effective. It's never going to be. Can we cut these massacres in half? How bout that?

Are we talking about criminals or crazy people?

Check on the UK or Australia or New Zealand. You can always find someplace it hasn't completely changed if you're looking hard enough. I haven't even checked your facts about Germany......because that's not the point.

With your attitude nothing will ever change, you don't even want to try because somewhere somehow the solution wasn't 100% effective. It's never going to be. Can we cut these massacres in half? How bout that?
Many criminals are crazy people.

Your attitude is to trample on people’s inalienable rights under the guise of “we have to do SOMETHING”.

Guns are a tool to kill people. Trucks are too for instance. Crazed people will use whatever tool is at their disposal to kill if they are predisposed to killing. And don’t tell me crazed killers haven’t used trucks to wipe out dozens of people in the USA. It happened under your hero Obama.

Many criminals are crazy people.

Your attitude is to trample on people’s inalienable rights under the guise of “we have to do SOMETHING”.

Guns are a tool to kill people. Trucks are too for instance. Crazed people will use whatever tool is at their disposal to kill if they are predisposed to killing. And don’t tell me crazed killers haven’t used trucks to wipe out dozens of people in the USA. It happened under your hero Obama.
Many criminals are crazy people. I mean, that's the best you got? Did you ever consider if we didn't let the damn crazy people have guns they might not turn into criminals you narrow minded jackass?

So we're talking about trampling on the rights of an 18 year old to buy an AR-15. Are you freakin serious? Does the second amendment guarantee him that right? We raised the smoking age to 21 but raising the age to buy an AR is trampling on rights?

Your tired old tropes make you worthy of NRA membership. AGAIN, when we have a rash of people crashing into schools with their trucks and killing double digit numbers of kids then we can talk about the truck problem. But that ain't happening. And yeah, just because it HAS happened doesn't make it a serious problem......like people killing kids in schools.

Yeah, do SOMETHING. At least that would show that you GAF more about the rights of kids not to be slaughtered in their school than the rights of an 18 year old boy to buy 2 ARs and hundreds of rounds of ammunition because he decided to ONE DAY.

If guns aren't the problem and people are the problem, why would you give the problem guns?

The site I linked also showed a huge bump in homicides nation wide in 2020. Wonder what happened that would have caused that?
Which includes suicide. If it's legal to own and easier to get. It's going to be the preferred method of suicide. The article he linked lied, saying that gun deaths by murder was at a rate of 20.5 per 100,000.

The reality is that they took ALL gun deaths and called them murder vs breaking it down from suicides and homicides and other.

"IN AN AVERAGE YEAR, 607 PEOPLE DIE BY GUNS IN MISSISSIPPI. WITH A RATE OF 20.4 DEATHS PER 100,000 PEOPLE, MISSISSIPPI HAS THE 4TH-HIGHEST RATE OF GUN DEATHS IN THE UNITED STATES."

"In Mississippi, 47% of gun deaths are suicides and 47% are homicides."

"An average of 284 people in Mississippi die by gun suicide every year—a rate of 9.1 suicides per 100,000 people. In Mississippi, there is an average of 31 hours between gun suicide deaths."

"An average of 290 people in Mississippi die by gun homicide every year—a rate of 10.1 homicides per 100,000 people."

Doesn't shock me at all that a left leaning article misrepresented the information.

The death rate by homicide in Mississippi is 10.1 per 100,000. Population density is part of the reason why the rate is so high. California for example has a very dense population thus dropping their rate dramatically even though they had ~4.5 times the number of murders.
So people blowing their own brains out is ok? Even without suicides, the state numbers/rankings still don’t change much per capita.

So people blowing their own brains out is ok? Even without suicides, the state numbers/rankings still don’t change much per capita.
What the hell does your first question have to do with anything? If someone is intent on committing suicide, they're going to do it whether it be with a gun or whatever. I'd rather someone shoot themselves then commit suicide by vehicle where they can take others with them. Lesser of two evils. I know there are other options, but people generally want a quick and guaranteed out, hence why guns are used so much.

State numbers don't change much? Going from 20.4 to 10.1 isn't a big change? Are you serious?

As far as state rankings, like I said. A lot of that has to do with population density. Mississippi has a population of around 63 people per square mile where as Cali for example has 254. HUGE difference. Much bigger difference than the gun violence rates between the two states.

If the person you are talking to about firearms or current laws doesn't know a thing about either, I don't know how useful it is to continue the conversation.

If someone thinks 9mm is a high caliber round that blows your lung out...that conversation is over.

Walk into Walmart and buy a rifle but get carded for the Sudafed. Not worth your time.

Deer wearing kevlar. Thats the Presidents go to. That and buying a cannon. Something that has always been legal and you can do today. Hell, you can make your own.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
The one you should be mocking is the liberal pussy doing the interview.
Aww, I thought your Biden shirt in that interview was really cute, cray. Really shows off that belly you’ve worked so hard to get. And your intelligence in real life tracks on here so you at least keep it real!

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
There are schools that have armed teachers and there are never incidents there...
There has also never been an armed teacher that has taken out a shooter. I am sure a bunch of women though are chomping at the bit to get firearms training and be the last line of defense for 7-year-olds.

I also just think he knocked the public execution idea out of the park.

Reactions: TheCainer
There has also never been an armed teacher that has taken out a shooter. I am sure a bunch of women though are chomping at the bit to get firearms training and be the last line of defense for 7-year-olds.

I also just think he knocked the public execution idea out of the park.
Umm, of course not. If there's never been a shooting in a school with armed teachers, then an armed teacher has never had the opportunity to take out a shooter. Kinda goes hand in hand... Not sure what your point was here.

As far as teachers wanting to protect the kids that they teach. Yes, there are a lot of them.

I only have a few points to bring up to the cesspool here, and I don't expect any one of them to make a damn bit of difference, thus please don't expect me to respond beyond this:

1) Mental health crisis is not a uniquely American problem - it's a human problem. Widespread civilian firearm ownership is uniquely American. So is widespread firearm fatality, whether by mass shootings, accidental death or injury, and suicide by firearm. The United States is far and away the leader in terms of developed nations in those groups... The United States is far and away the leader in civilian firearm ownership. That is not coincidental. Every single other country in the world has people in mental health crises. Only the United States has this high volume of firearm fatalities among civilians in the developed world.

Stop with the mental health red herring. That's a human problem; we need to solve a uniquely American problem.

2) The concept of a "slippery slope" is a fallacy. A fallacy is an argument based on false logic. Passing sensible gun control reform (for example, no body armor for the general public, raising the age of gun ownership, longer lead time for background checks, magazine limits, etc.) does not mean "They're coming for all your guns next."

3) For those who say "laws won't work", there are developed countries who, in the last 20 years, have implemented strict gun control laws - not removing all firearms from the civilian populace, mind you - and every one of them has seen a dramatic decrease in firearm fatalities and mass shootings since implementation.

Further, US states with highest proportion of gun ownership generally have the least restrictive gun laws, but also have the highest rates of firearm fatalities per capita. That is logical.

You don't know if laws "won't work", there is no logical reason to say why they work in other places, but they wouldn't work in the United States. Any argument made to that end is fallacious.

4) We need to stop talking in absolutes.

- Gun control will not stop mass shootings, even if we just somehow removed all guns from the people.
- No serious person is arguing that we need to take all of your weapons.

We need to reduce mass shootings as much as we practically can. We need to limit access to weapons in such ways that we maximize opportunities to weed out people who should not have access to firearms.

In my opinion, there are plenty of ways to do that:

- Increase the age of firearm ownership to 21 (or older).
- Mandatory waiting period of 90 days to purchase a firearm in order to conduct extensive background checks, and also simply to allow for a pause. Emotionally charged situations can dissipate; maybe someone has more chance to intervene. If I (or any other law-abiding gun owner) want to go buy a gun, I can wait 90 days. Firearm purchases should not be spur-of-the-moment decisions.
- Federally maintained "Do Not Sell" database that's easily accessible at points of sale, including to gun shows and private sellers. Hell, you could do this with an App on a smartphone. If you're a law-abiding citizen, you have nothing to worry about - you won't be in the database. If you're a felon, violent criminal, history of domestic violence or are treated for certain mental health issues, you're in there.
- Mandatory, periodic firearm safety training and competency testing for licensing. I'd love to see people have to pass a practical exam on their chosen firearm before being allowed to purchase ammunition. Show me you know how to use the weapon safely, and I'll let you take it home.
- Full responsibility of the gun owner for anything that happens with that firearm, including automatic criminal negligence and accessory charges for anyone whose registered firearm is used in a crime. Allow that chain of custody to be traced all the way back to point of sale in the event that a firearm is used or possessed by someone not legally allowed to have one, just like we do with cigarettes and alcohol. (I believe some states already do this).

If you are a law-abiding gun owner, you can have whatever weapon you want, but you are accountable for what happens with that weapon and accountable to society for demonstrating a modicum of expertise with said firearm before you can go home with it.

Finally, we can talk till we are blue in the face about whether or not gun control will work or not, and that the bad guys are going to get weapons if they want them.

Yep. I agree.

But you lock the doors of your cars and you lock your house even though the bad guys can get in if they want to.

If we do just enough to keep honest people honest, and delay or deter the others - especially those who need help - I think we'll take a pretty big bite out of the gun fatality epidemic in this country.

Part of being a member of society is being willing to make sacrifices for a greater good. America does not promise individual rights and freedoms at the expense of others - this is the crux of the Pro-Life argument. It's time to stop pretending like 2A means you can do whatever the **** you want with a gun in this country, everyone else be damned. That's not how America works in any other way. Guns should be no exception.

I noticed that your solutions are absent prosecuting and keeping people who commit gun crimes in prison and not allowing bail for felony gun arrests? Do you know that almost all mass shootings are gang related and are committed by non-legal gun owners? The recent events highlighted on TV are the small minority vs. what happens in just Chicago every weekend. Chicago a city with extremely strict guns laws.

I was told I have mental problems because i know the reality of the influence that George Soros has in funding leftist prosecutors who WILL NOT prosecute felons and using the criminal courts as a way of pushing their social justice. There is one less in CA, and hopefully another will go away after being responsible for the murder of 2 police officers - letting a career felon who beat the shit out of his wife out. A few days later he killed 2 cops. I noticed this was not on your list?

Yet another Chicago example: https://cwbchicago.com/2022/06/gunm...r-north-chicago-restorative-justice-bail.html

For those who live in some fantasy world: In 2022, Cruz is the 24th person accused of killing or shooting — or trying to shoot or kill — someone in Chicago this year while on bail for a felony. The alleged crimes involve at least 53 victims, 11 of whom died.

11 people are dead because George Soros funded Kimm Foxx for Cook County Prosecutor and she refuses to prosecute violent felons. Who covered their deaths? Probably nobody except a couple websites dedicated to following crime in the city.

But yeah, we'll never move forward until the gun lobby gets out of the way.

Bigger fool?

The DA who thinks that telling people they can steal $1000 in merchandise without penalty will be a positive for the community?

Or the person who thinks those who enacted these policies did so with “good intentions?”

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Good. Go yell at them. Meanwhile let’s start Through the list of Republican reps who carry an A+ Rating with the NRA. I’m fine with you criticizing your reps. But they ALL deserve it.
Hold on .. but why do you criticize the NRA whether you realize it or not, why are you pushed in that direction? As a liberal who I’m sure watches the big networks whether you’ll admit it or not

Bigger fool?

The DA who thinks that telling people they can steal $1000 in merchandise without penalty will be a positive for the community?

Or the person who thinks those who enacted these policies did so with “good intentions?”
You’re still the champion, Joe

Umm, of course not. If there's never been a shooting in a school with armed teachers, then an armed teacher has never had the opportunity to take out a shooter. Kinda goes hand in hand... Not sure what your point was here.

As far as teachers wanting to protect the kids that they teach. Yes, there are a lot of them.
Do parents have any say about their kids being in a classroom with a teacher who is armed after only 24 hours of required training? Or is that only for CRT and transgender training?

Maybe because the NRA owns a lot of politicians? This isn’t that difficult.
Democrats don’t take money from the NRA.. so, it’s one of their big issues where they can take a stand. Because, like republicans, they won’t ever go against their donors.

they don’t do anything for working class people. This isn’t 1968. The party was taken over between 68 and 72 and shifted from labor as their main constituency to suburban professionals .. suburban professionals who don’t WANT the party to have programs that help working class people.

so they aren’t gonna do anything to help you. But alas, fighting to reduce gun ownership doesn’t mean spending money. In essence the Democratic Party isn’t going to do anything for labor. No single payer, no free state college, nothing that polls high with the base.

but hey on the 0.0001% chance you were gonna be in a shooting, now that may be reduced somewhat. That’s great, it’s not a great big achievement for a party over a four year term.

Just remember though, you’re only encouraged to take this stance because democrats aren’t bought off by this one lobby..

Last edited:
Aww, I thought your Biden shirt in that interview was really cute, cray. Really shows off that belly you’ve worked so hard to get. And your intelligence in real life tracks on here so you at least keep it real!
No one is trying to stick things in places they don't belong here. How is your weekend going?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT