ADVERTISEMENT

19 children

To me, the most disturbing thing was how easily he was able to access the school.

I can't remember the last time I've been able to walk into a school, all the ones I've been to has required being buzzed in through multiple doors before you even get to a person. I guess I kind of took for granted that this isn't standard practice across the entire country by now.

That alone would've saved lives as while people with ill intent will find a way, it does slow them down at least and gives people a chance to react.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I'm young. Try again. My congressman and senators are already useless libs. mark warner, tim kaine, gerry connolly. Never done shit for anyone.
Good. Go yell at them. Meanwhile let’s start Through the list of Republican reps who carry an A+ Rating with the NRA. I’m fine with you criticizing your reps. But they ALL deserve it.

To me, the most disturbing thing was how easily he was able to access the school.

I can't remember the last time I've been able to walk into a school, all the ones I've been to has required being buzzed in through multiple doors before you even get to a person. I guess I kind of took for granted that this isn't standard practice across the entire country by now.

That alone would've saved lives as while people with ill intent will find a way, it does slow them down at least and gives people a chance to react.
Was he able to easily access it? (I honestly don’t know so I’m being genuine here). Maybe the school district couldn’t afford to secure the school better. I guess we will find out soon enough.

That we even have to talk about locking down schools etc is really awful.

bravely sacrificed their lives to preserve our beautiful 2nd Amendment rights. Let freedom ring.
The person that did this posted his plans online and no one did anything so his has nothing to do with the 2A or even owning a gun. Had they acted when they saw those posts, then this tragedy (likely) doesn't happen.

Edit: I would also add that there have been guns in our culture for generations and when they were easy to get, we didn't have mass shootings like this. So the object used or access to it isn't the problem, but something has changed over the last 30 years that needs to be investigated.

Last edited:
Ten year olds. My granddaughter is nine. I can't imagine the grief.

I shed a few tears just looking at the pictures of these strangers whom I do not know. These are 16 of the 19 kids that were killed 😭

I hope people can stop seeing them as statistic, and feel the insurmountable pain that their families must be going through.

284285059_451138417058163_5230524450636204255_n.jpg

Really kind of disgusting how quickly libs use a tragedy to push an agenda.
Really disgusting how republicans watch all these school shooting and just shrug their shoulders. The Stoneman Douglas shooting was 4 years ago. Has enough time passed that we can talk about that? How about Sandy Hook, that was 10 years ago. Has enough time passed with those mass murders that republicans can finally do something?

Really disgusting how republicans watch all these school shooting and just shrug their shoulders. The Stoneman Douglas shooting was 4 years ago. Has enough time passed that we can talk about that? How about Sandy Hook, that was 10 years ago. Has enough time passed with those mass murders that republicans can finally do something?
To be fair, Republicans aren't in charge now nor for Sandy Hook. But what is even more disgusting is a tragedy like this being made political.

As I said before, there was an opportunity to stop this when the person posted their plan online ......with pictures.... and no one did anything. The kid had nothing in his history that any existing nor new (other than outright banning) law would of stopped.

It is far past time to stop focusing on an object and focus on the person.

Huh?!? Report says "An Uvalde school district police officer, who worked at the school, saw Ramos emerge from the vehicle carrying a rifle and wearing body armour, according to Erick Estrada from the Texas Department of Public Safety. The officer 'engaged' the suspect but was unable to stop him, Mr Estrada said. Two more officers from Uvalde Police Department also attempted to stop Ramos but were unable to do so, and called for back-up."

The problem is not how easy to access school, or whether the school has security guards. The problem is that in Texas, anyone who is 18 can get semi-automatic weapon without permit and without training.

The problem is not how easy to access school, or whether the school has security guards. The problem is that in Texas, anyone who is 18 can get semi-automatic weapon without permit and without training.
No the problem is, the shooter posted their plans ... with pictures... and no one did anything. The shooter also had nothing in his background check that prohibited him from owning a gun (a long rifle in this case) and training or requiring a permit wouldn't of stopped this because they would of gotten that anyway.

And the body armor thing is a myth as posted by others in this thread.

To be fair, Republicans aren't in charge now nor for Sandy Hook. But what is even more disgusting is a tragedy like this being made political.

As I said before, there was an opportunity to stop this when the person posted their plan online ......with pictures.... and no one did anything. The kid had nothing in his history that any existing nor new (other than outright banning) law would of stopped.

It is far past time to stop focusing on an object and focus on the person.
Do all the other countries in the world have less crazy "person"s than we do? Do they have as many "object"s and easy access to them as we do?

It's past time to stop acting like the number of guns in this country.......and more importantly, the easy access to them, has nothing to do with these massacres.

No the problem is, the shooter posted their plans ... with pictures... and no one did anything. The shooter also had nothing in his background check that prohibited him from owning a gun (a long rifle in this case) and training or requiring a permit wouldn't of stopped this because they would of gotten that anyway.

And the body armor thing is a myth as posted by others in this thread.
The problem is that he could stroll in to a gun store unchecked and buy all of that shit. That’s the problem. He was able to buy all of that stuff before he could order a beer at a bar. Let that sink in. It’s far easier for people to buy guns in this country than it is to buy a beer.

And you’re sitting here asking why someone didn’t stop him. No. You should be asking why it was so easy for him to arm himself for combat. It’s just beyond comprehension to me.

Do all the other countries in the world have less crazy "person"s than we do? Do they have as many "object"s and easy access to them as we do?

It's past time to stop acting like the number of guns in this country.......and more importantly, the easy access to them, has nothing to do with these massacres.
You do understand Bob that other countries have mass shootings too right? A simple google search will show you that answer.

Guns are not easy to get contrary to the hyperbole. In fact they are harder to get than say just 30 years ago or when you could buy a shotgun at Walgreens yet these things are on the rise? Also the shooter passed every background check so no new laws would of prevented this.

Again and it really is this simple, when someone posts stuff online complete with plans on what they are going to do... people need to act. They didn't in this case and if they had, this tragedy doesn't happen.

Considering how easy it is to make a bomb out of general house hold items. Yes, they have more than enough capability, without a gun, to do as much, if not more damage.

Considering how easy it is to make a bomb out of general house hold items. Yes, they have more than enough capability, without a gun, to do as much, if not more damage.
Well when we have people building homemade bombs and killing groups of people on a regular basis we can have that conversation. It's like people who say you could use your car or a freakin butter knife to kill people.

If somebody wants to kill groups of people using means other than guns, they will.......has always been the argument. Ok, make them. Make it a lot harder.

Huh? I thought it is common sense that a crazy lunatic killing with knives with likely have a lower death toll than if he is killing with guns, and if he is using automatic assault weapon, the death toll will be even higher.

In fact, statistics back it up. In a study of 133 school shootings, on average 3.15 injured and 1.34 killed, the ones where the shooter uses any AR or SMG have averaged 7.79 injured and 5.36 deaths.

You do understand Bob that other countries have mass shootings too right? A simple google search will show you that answer.

Guns are not easy to get contrary to the hyperbole. In fact they are harder to get than say just 30 years ago or when you could buy a shotgun at Walgreens yet these things are on the rise? Also the shooter passed every background check so no new laws would of prevented this.

Again and it really is this simple, when someone posts stuff online complete with plans on what they are going to do... people need to act. They didn't in this case and if they had, this tragedy doesn't happen.
Yes, other countries have it. Does frequency matter?

Do they have laws that say an 18 year old can buy a semi automatic military style weapon at 18 years old.......like this kid did? You the say the laws would not have prevented this. Then change the laws. No license required. No training required. Don't have to be 21. Change the damn laws.

But did Texas just do? Made it even easier to buy guns.

Everytime one of these things happens another mixed up kid sees it and starts thinking about doing it too.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Yes, other countries have it. Does frequency matter?

Do they have laws that say an 18 year old can buy a semi automatic military style weapon at 18 years old.......like this kid did? You the say the laws would not have prevented this. Then change the laws. No license required. No training required. Don't have to be 21. Change the damn laws.

But did Texas just do? Made it even easier to buy guns.

Everytime one of these things happens another mixed up kid sees it and starts thinking about doing it too.
First, the AR isn't a military style weapon. It looks scary I know, but that is the only thing remotely militaristic about it. And all those laws you want to change, still wouldn't of stopped it .. why? Because he passed the existing laws that already do background checks. You can keep circling back to that all you want, but it's just the facts. No laws no or future other than outright making every gun illegal stops this...... but then again, drugs and murder are illegal so I doubt that would help.

And you keep ignoring the hard fact that this kid posted online that this was coming ...... why are you not as up in arms over what REALLY could of stopped it had someone just stepped in?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT