ADVERTISEMENT

‘20 recruit class final member?

When we hit the bottom of the BIG, think about the players we were trying to build our teams with. They were the best we could get during the Cordova era. There is a lag time between recruiting and performance. Get a clue.

Wow. I'm impressed. An actual on topic reply. That's something I can respect. I disagree with it, but respect it. Was that really so hard? LOL

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Wouldn't mind Dickinson on the squad at all, but to me, Morton was a much bigger get and I think Ivey is going to shock people how good he is. Based on what I have seen from Dickinson, he is a very good player but to me seems like a leaner Haas...with the upsides and downsides. I think pure athleticism will always beat height and I agree with the earlier post about guard play making the difference down the stretch...

No matter how it shakes out with that last scholly, I think we already won with the two we already got. Can't wait to see them play.

agreed. Painter is getting the type of guards he's struggled to get in the past: Those Etwaun types, big 6'4-6'6 guys (Nojel included) that can do a lot of things and create matchup problems for the other team. Combine that with a few more Wheeler types of stretch 3/4s and you've got something going. While we all get enamored with 7 footers simply because of their size, if they can't play the pick n pop or high screen game, they actually hurt your offense because you're not able to spread the floor for your playmakers.

Dickinson would be a great get, but I'm convinced that the key to deep tourney runs is having a stable of guards who can get their own shot and wings in that 6'7-6'9 range who can run, shoot, defend and rebound (Wheeler) simply because a 7 footer who primarily plays on the block can more easily be neutralized.
You are on point with is statement look at the final 4 teams that played in tournament guards and more guards that can facilitate get there own shot create havoc defensively athleticism with size and length Texas tech had that guard play wasn’t the best but athletically they had it all Purdue has that now plenty of it watchout scary to think what this team gonna look like b4 big 10 play. Oh by the way 7 players with tournament experience the making of something that cud be special

You are on point with is statement look at the final 4 teams that played in tournament guards and more guards that can facilitate get there own shot create havoc defensively athleticism with size and length Texas tech had that guard play wasn’t the best but athletically they had it all Purdue has that now plenty of it watchout scary to think what this team gonna look like b4 big 10 play. Oh by the way 7 players with tournament experience the making of something that cud be special

Yeh, the game is definitely guard oriented now and the traditional center playing the 5 in a back to the basket position is losing his role and his impact. There's very few bigs in the NBA that can't play outside the paint. It's why those big Euro players have had such an impact. They grow up handling the ball, shooting, etc where big American kids are often just put in the paint and told to stay there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT