ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey is 1st Team All Big Ten

Or, the "I have NEVER lived up to expectations, nor, actually developed my game" award.

I get that he is overrated by those that follow and cover the Indinia program, but, for others to get caught up in it is dumb. Personally, a really strong case could be made for Edey as such...I can't stand Dickinson, but, he is a far superior player than TJD...Kris Murray has been better and has a much better overall game.

I just have a hard time rewarding a guy that has underperformed for his career somehow being tabbed as the POTY ahead of guys that have overperformed for their careers...that have been better, and, are better.
I would have a hard time rewarding a player, even one whose “per 40” is outstanding, who has never averaged over 19 minutes per game and who regularly gets pulled off the court for end of game defensive limitations. Or Kris Murray, who hasn’t averaged 18 minutes or ten points per game.

You think Dickinson is better/more accomplished? Okay, that is reasonable.

I would have a hard time rewarding a player, even one whose “per 40” is outstanding, who has never averaged over 19 minutes per game and who regularly gets pulled off the court for end of game defensive limitations. Or Kris Murray, who hasn’t averaged 18 minutes or ten points per game.

You think Dickinson is better/more accomplished? Okay, that is reasonable.
So, instead, reward the guy who IS on the floor for WAY more minutes, but, consistently and repeatedly failed to deliver...sure, that makes sense.

Again, I get that he is overrated and has been down there...but, that others are now buying into it...crazy.

Edey was only not on the floor because Purdue's other best player was at his position...if the same dynamic existed there, Davis would not have been on the floor either, and, for largely the same reasons...can't play a lick of actual post defense, and, can't make a FT when it counts either.

Murray not only has a better all-around game, but, he will actually play in the NBA at some point...it is not an award for the guy that plays the most minutes and puts up meaningless stats on bad teams, it is supposed to be for the best player, and, TJD is NOT the best player.

So, instead, reward the guy who IS on the floor for WAY more minutes, but, consistently and repeatedly failed to deliver...sure, that makes sense.

Again, I get that he is overrated and has been down there...but, that others are now buying into it...crazy.

Edey was only not on the floor because Purdue's other best player was at his position...if the same dynamic existed there, Davis would not have been on the floor either, and, for largely the same reasons...can't play a lick of actual post defense, and, can't make a FT when it counts either.

Murray not only has a better all-around game, but, he will actually play in the NBA at some point...it is not an award for the guy that plays the most minutes and puts up meaningless stats on bad teams, it is supposed to be for the best player, and, TJD is NOT the best player.
It’s a subjective thing.

So subjectively, in my opinion Edey is the most dominant low post scorer in all of college basketball, but he hasn’t stayed on the court long enough or defended well enough to be considered the best player in his conference.

I can’t imagine anybody thinking that Trayce Jackson Davis has underperformed—during his time at Indiana his team has under performed. That is despite his performance, not because of it. He has put up very good numbers, stays in the court, and makes a major impact on the defensive end. That defensive end performance is half of the game of basketball.

If we’re talking about the ceiling of their performance, I agree with you that Kris Murray is probably number one, followed by Shannon on Illinois and maybe Hood Schifino on Indiana.

Last edited:
Look at his record in the BTT. Dog awful. BTW you know we are playing FB game now
So it's MP's fault our guards have blatantly choked several times in the tournament? Compare our guards' stats with their counterparts at NTS, St. P's and a couple of other games. The delta is startling.

I guess MP choked in these games and did not in other games like TN and VA.?

So it's MP's fault our guards have blatantly choked several times in the tournament? Compare our guards' stats with their counterparts at NTS, St. P's and a couple of other games. The delta is startling.

I guess MP choked in these games and did not in other games like TN and VA.?
How many F4’s has he been to? He blew the VA game by having one of his best rebounders on the bench when VA got the tip back. His lack of making in game adjustments is glaring

Last edited:
Reactions: TooPoorToBleedGold
How many F4’s has he been to? He blew the VA game by having one of his best rebounders on the bench when VA got the tip back. His lack of making in game adjustments is glaring
It could just as easily be argued that game planning and adjustments kept us in that game. If cline made both FTs w 15 seconds left we win that one in regulation. Had they called the illegal screen that crushed Carsen we get another possession a bit earlier. You can complain all you want but at least try to choose meaningful examples, this one doesn’t serve your point, just makes you look like a whiner that doesn’t know the game.

• Haha
Reactions: mathboy and BSIT
It could just as easily be argued that game planning and adjustments kept us in that game. If cline made both FTs w 15 seconds left we win that one in regulation. Had they called the illegal screen that crushed Carsen we get another possession a bit earlier. You can complain all you want but at least try to choose meaningful examples, this one doesn’t serve your point, just makes you look like a whiner that doesn’t know the game.
Results matter. 0 F4’s in 42 years and only 1 BTT championship from a supposedly dominant B1G program is the proof we aren’t a good tournament program

Some things are hard to understand. I believe it has been said over a million times that guards and free throws are what is needed to win the ncaa tournament. Big men win regular season games. I have to believe every division 1 coach knows this. Yet Painter continues to recruit and build his team around big men and Purdue’s back court and free throw shooting are always our weakest link.

And once again, look at this year’s team. What is it’s strong point? What is it’s weakest link? I see another 20 win season and early tournament exit.

Reactions: BSIT
Some things are hard to understand. I believe it has been said over a million times that guards and free throws are what is needed to win the ncaa tournament. Big men win regular season games. I have to believe every division 1 coach knows this. Yet Painter continues to recruit and build his team around big men and Purdue’s back court and free throw shooting are always our weakest link.

And once again, look at this year’s team. What is it’s strong point? What is it’s weakest link? I see another 20 win season and early tournament exit.
OK, I'll bite....what is this year's team's weakest link? Congratulations on knowing the outcome before even watching a single game with the new additions. Do you know the lottery numbers too?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT