ADVERTISEMENT

2023-24 Rivals All-Big Ten Basketball Teams

The only thing noticeable on that listing is that someone actually voted for Kanye Clary???

The only thing noticeable on that listing is that someone actually voted for Kanye Clary???
Not that Painter wasn’t COTY? Not sure what he has to do be the COTY in the B1G…I guess Purdue needs to be predicted last and finish 3-5? Took a team last year in rebuild and predicted to finish middle of B1G and messed around and wins the B1G by 3 games with a freshman backcourt. Then runs it back and they do it all over again and win back to back outright since 2007 and also back to back outright with winning each season by multiple games for first time since 1976….but goes to Hoiberg. They were good but struggled to win on the road.

Not that Painter wasn’t COTY? Not sure what he has to do be the COTY in the B1G…I guess Purdue needs to be predicted last and finish 3-5? Took a team last year in rebuild and predicted to finish middle of B1G and messed around and wins the B1G by 3 games with a freshman backcourt. Then runs it back and they do it all over again and win back to back outright since 2007 and also back to back outright with winning each season by multiple games for first time since 1976….but goes to Hoiberg. They were good but struggled to win on the road.

Apparently, voters, like a few fans here, take greatness of Painter for granted.

No cuz I didn't expect it. When you're supposed to win the conference and do, you don't get the credit.

Coach of the year is one of the dumbest awards in sports.

Great to see Mason get the 6th man award, thought Wahl would get Hon Men, Terps having 2 players in top 3 teams and finishing so low in the standings just shows how disappointing of a year for them
This is the award that I am happiest about. Gillis hit some real adversity a couple years back, but he took it like a man, learned from it, and has been a great leader for this team.

Gillis could have chosen to have a bad attitude about losing his starting job, but instead he dug down deep and put together a fantastic year. How many games this year did he make huge, timely threes down the stretch to secure the victory? How many times did he battle for a rebound or a loose ball or make an effort play on D when Purdue needed it most? How many great, unselfish passes did he fire into Edey to set up an easy 2 when he could have forced a shot? He’s a great representative of a great program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT