ADVERTISEMENT

Year 4 of JB and we’re starting a walk on?

Isn't it nice people can develop themselves and succeed instead of being pigeoh-holed into a position for life. I'm alway reminded of David Krieg from very small, now non-existent, Milton College in Wisconsin. (A school that two of my high school friends attended after flunking out of their colleges, showing you what standards they had.) A 19 year successful career in pro football as a quarterback shouldn't be sneered at!

No, not concerned at all. I see no need to go looking for a reason to be concerned.

Last year, with a depleted roster, the kid stepped in a played marvelously.

After this most recent win, I believe the stat is that he has 3 comeback wins in 5 games.

I'm extraordinarily disappointed that we have fans that simply cannot appreciate the talent for what it is, and find some need to slam Brohm and his staff because this kid has busted his @ss and played his way on the field.

There's no need to tear down Brohm, the other QBs, or O'Connell for his performance. Simply none at all.

Exactly. !!
I look at it this way. The Brohms saw enough in Aiden to see the potential that no one else at the time saw. And under their tutelage he has become a starting QB at a school known for producing pretty good QB’s Kudos to the Brohms , who may know a thing or two about QB play. LOL. You know the guys that have both done the following :
-Both were Kentucky Mr. Football at QB
-Both led team to Multiple HS State Championships
- Both very heavily recruited and offered by the big boys
-combined threw for over 16,000 yards at UL
- Both led UL to a BCS bowl
-Both signed and played QB in NFL
- 3 QBs that have played for the Brohms have signed with NFL teams. Would of been 4 if sindelar would of chose that route. This is only J Brohm’s 7th year as head coach. So not bad numbers.

Here are the QBs that have been signed by J Brohm ,or are committed currently. Sipe couldn’t stay healthy and retired. Not a bad list. If you look at it Purdue is set to have 3 straight years of signing a 4* QB recruit. Never been done in the history of the program. So when it comes to QB play the Brohms may know a little more about QB play and developing them than all the coaches on this board. LOL.

2017- Sipe 3* , Aiden - Walk-on
2018- Plummer 3*
2019- Piferi - 3* moved to TE
2020- Alaimo - 4*
2021 - Jackson - 4*
2022 - Allen -4* possible top 100 player nationally

As they say, "if you have two quarterbacks, you have none"
We may need them all at some point this year. Look no further than last year or ask WI about their next game. They'll likely be resorting to a 4th string QB due to #1 QB had season ending injury in camp. #2 and #3 QB's failed rapid COVID-19 tests.

Isn't it nice people can develop themselves and succeed instead of being pigeoh-holed into a position for life. I'm alway reminded of David Krieg from very small, now non-existent, Milton College in Wisconsin. (A school that two of my high school friends attended after flunking out of their colleges, showing you what standards they had.) A 19 year successful career in pro football as a quarterback shouldn't be sneered at!

My wife's family is all from Milton....

Baker Mayfield had scholarships offers to PAC-10 team and was an upper 3* recruit whose dad was an asshole. It wasn’t because of his talent.

If our QB1 doesn’t fix some of his throws he is going to get a really talented football player hurt.
Mayfield was not an upper tier 3* recruit. He had offers from Rice, FAU, and New Mexico with interest from Wazzou (rivals has an offer but other sites do not). He was also not considered in the top 35 of Pro Style QB's in his 2013 class.

Last edited:
Mayfield was not an upper tier 3* recruit. He had offers from Rice, FAU, and New Mexico with interest from Wazzou (rivals has an offer but other sites do not). He was also not considered in the top 35 of Pro Style QB's in his 2013 class.
5.6 3* is pretty decent 3* and he had a legit offer from Wazzou. Their coach has spoken about him.

5.6 3* is pretty decent 3* and he had a legit offer from Wazzou. Their coach has spoken about him.

Not being argumentative here, but wouldn't an "upper 3* recruit" be getting offers similar to 4* players?

For example:
Jack Brandon is a 2021 3* QB recruit out of CT, holding an offer from Ohio State.
Bubba Chandler, another 2021 3* out of GA, committed to ClemPson.

Those seem like upper 3*. Baker was holding offers from mid-majors, as well as a P5 school that typically lives in the 3-star recruiting world.

Baker Mayfield appears to be one of those QBs that seriously flew under the radar. Maybe a bunch of coaches cooled on him because dad is a d*ck. It happens and, it happened to one of my son's former teammates not long ago. 3* talent, and the tools to play P5 ball, but dad cost his son scholarships at B1G programs.

Anyway... not arguing, just an interesting topic to discuss. AND, it's interesting to see elite programs "settling" for 3* skill players...

Looking some of those things up led me to see Etling was the #9 pro style QB in that class as well. I bet that kid would have been a top 3 round selection had he had 4 years of Brohm.
Not a chance as he would have been playing behind a walk on. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT