ADVERTISEMENT

Yanni Karlaftis

Esox54547

True Freshman
Aug 26, 2017
I see Ohio State just offered Yanni today. I have a feeling it will be tough getting him to follow his older brother.

You may or may not be correct. It is not obvious at all at this point in time. His older brother may rave about his Purdue experience. Don't you think that might have some bearing?

I am fairly sure the younger brother will get many offers. Purdue will be among them. Plus, there is quite a family history at Purdue already.

I think that your comment is way too premature.

You may or may not be correct. It is not obvious at all at this point in time. His older brother may rave about his Purdue experience. Don't you think that might have some bearing?

I am fairly sure the younger brother will get many offers. Purdue will be among them. Plus, there is quite a family history at Purdue already.

Believe he already hold an offer

He’s clearly stated before that his priorities are not the same as George’s. He will be tough to get.

Reactions: pboiler18

I didn't make any prediction. I only said it will be a tough get and it will be as he now has offers from OSU and Michigan to go along with an offer from Purdue. I agree that if Purdue takes another step forward and George is a big part of that, Yanni certainly might want to join the resurgence. It just won't be a layup.

It seems that he sees the opportunity to play at Purdue as a "lesser than". I would assume he wants to see continued progress on the field. He's also very young. A lot changes between sophomore and senior year of high school - hopefully Yanni's feelings towards playing at Purdue is one of them!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for this conversation.

Give the young man an opportunity to see Purdue Football from the inside, and to see the talent continue to build.

Feelings change. Especially for young-uns.

!

GK is going to be around a lot of the players and they have a youth movement right now. Yanni will get to know Purdue players more than any of the other schools. He will have more opportunities to be around the coaches and will be at way more home games. If Purdue takes the next step and that defense continues to improve (not to mention he plays a position of great need, OLB, and he will legit compete for time right away) it will be very inticing. Purdue was in the national spotlight all year, that has to help. Purdue will have an inside track, but he will be a top national recruit and as far as I know he doesn’t have a girl keeping him home. But in 2 years Purdue May have one of the best defenses in the Big and Purdue May be competing for the top spot in the league.

We have some time before we have to worry about this. He is the class of 2021. I trust Brohm in his recruiting of Yanni. Let’s look to a great 2020 class, and who will be our first domino for this upcoming class.

In Brohm We Trust!

I’d wait to see what type of team Purdue fields in 2020 before I say that Yanni may not “settle” for Purdue. By that time (signing day in 2020), Purdue may be right there with OSU and Michigan.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
The brothers could play together for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two. They have said in the past they would love to play together in college but as this thread has stated, young men change their mind. And that statement is already one year old. I look for Yanni to enjoy the recruiting process to its fullest. But when its all said and done, I trust CJB to get the job done. Purdue just needs to win all the games they should and then some. I like our chances. Boiler Up.

As for my 1st domino guess, I’ll choose Ryan Brandt the safety from Angola.

I think its simple...he wants to join an already good Defense. I think the only way we get him is if the D takes a lot of steps forward and his brother has some good success over his first two years.

If GK struggles or doesn't live up to some of the hype I think Yanni would probably try and forge his own path. If GK crushes it here and the team is competitive in the division, I could see him wanting to sign up.

His priorities may be different but some times it is hard to ignore the priorities of the entire family as well.
Being from Lafayette many years removed, his grandpa is a doctor and big time apartment and property owner. Very nice family. Getting George to stay at Purdue was huge. He will do well and will be a great situation for him as I think the stands will be full over the next few years and the publicity will be great. Yanni will get no greater publicity than Purdue. Brohm is a great salesman.

Reactions: destewart
Being from Lafayette many years removed, his grandpa is a doctor and big time apartment and property owner. Very nice family. Getting George to stay at Purdue was huge. He will do well and will be a great situation for him as I think the stands will be full over the next few years and the publicity will be great. Yanni will get no greater publicity than Purdue. Brohm is a great salesman.
Weida's, correct?

Reactions: cinboiler
I didn't make any prediction. I only said it will be a tough get and it will be as he now has offers from OSU and Michigan to go along with an offer from Purdue. I agree that if Purdue takes another step forward and George is a big part of that, Yanni certainly might want to join the resurgence. It just won't be a layup.
Anytime players hold offers from OSU and Michigan as well it is hard to grab those kids. I do think that Yanni would be easier to sway to Purdue than another kid with the same "three" offers.

I asked about him recently on this website. Someone commented that he was openly wishing brohm would jump to Louisville so george could decommit and go to michigan. Ouch.

He needs to do what is best for him. He might want to go to school away from home or not follow in his brothers footsteps. I hope that isn’t the case but I can understand if it is. I think he could make a greater impact and showcase himself at Purdue, and he would have a chance to get his name out more here I think, as I know there would be a lot of stories about the brothers playing together, if George plays like we all expect him to.

I feel as though Yanni may be kind of tired of being in Georges shadow. Seems like he may want to go elsewhere.
Having said that, I think once he has this year without a shadow he may warm up to us since we offer the best opportunity for family to watch him and he could play with his brother.

I feel as though Yanni may be kind of tired of being in Georges shadow. Seems like he may want to go elsewhere.
Having said that, I think once he has this year without a shadow he may warm up to us since we offer the best opportunity for family to watch him and he could play with his brother.
He will get two seasons w/o George being on the same team with him. That might help. Michigan recruits well at the LB position and he could get lost in the shuffle. Personally, I think Harbaugh will be back in the NFL by 2021. Like I said earlier, I still like our chances. And I’m sure he will get CJBs best effort.

Reactions: Purdue85
Not sure that Yanni's interest in UM is restricted to the coaches. I think he is impressed with the school, town and tradition as well

Uh, it’s not 2009... David Bell could have gone to a lot of schools. We can get a player that Ohio State wants

I'd love to see him come to Purdue, but when was the last time brothers played for the same school? All of the Golics played at Norte Dame. But so many others have played at different schools! Legacies are becoming a thing of the past . If I wasn't from Purdue, I'd say Michigan was an excellent choice. Although I believe Harbaugh will be gone by then.

Purdue just honored Moore at a basketball game and the fans went nuts. Let’s get GK in there after a monster season with his brother sitting courtside. Roll out that red carpet!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT