ADVERTISEMENT

Yanni Karlaftis

I'm talking about two brothers who are both elite athletes picking the same school and the same sport. I've seen it a lot at the professional level. hasselback, manning, barber, bailey, harbaugh, Golic, Curry, Van Arnsdales, Dave Meyers and his sister, Barry, Lopez, Harison twins at UK, hughes twins at UW, Zellers, Plumlees, and many others. i'm not sure of this group how many of them played at the same college together.

yes, they do exist. But the odds of two brothers playing together in college are admittedly not good. maybe GK and his brother can forge a new path together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flot
I'm talking about two brothers who are both elite athletes picking the same school and the same sport. I've seen it a lot at the professional level. hasselback, manning, barber, bailey, harbaugh, Golic, Curry, Van Arnsdales, Dave Meyers and his sister, Barry, Lopez, Harison twins at UK, hughes twins at UW, Zellers, Plumlees, and many others. i'm not sure of this group how many of them played at the same college together.

yes, they do exist. But the odds of two brothers playing together in college are admittedly not good. maybe GK and his brother can forge a new path together.

How about two brothers, who were both struck by lightning at age 15, born at the same time on the same day of the year (different years), delivered by the same doctor, and both can rub their belly and pat their head at the same time?

Now THAT would be something.

I feel as though Yanni may be kind of tired of being in Georges shadow. Seems like he may want to go elsewhere.
Having said that, I think once he has this year without a shadow he may warm up to us since we offer the best opportunity for family to watch him and he could play with his brother.

He’s a sophomore in high school. Much will change in the 23 months before he signs a LOI.

I see some names. it could happen. I'd like it to happen. But it's a long way down the road.

Weren't the Woodson brothers related with one playing football at Purdue while the other played basketball at IU ?

Certainly the Van Arsdale twins played basketball at IU at the same time. :)

Bosa brothers at OSU.

MSU has three sets of brothers in 2017

https://amp.freep.com/amp/580797001

The three Allen brothers at Michigan State all were from Hinsdale, all were top heavyweight wrestlers as well, and all were the son of PURDUE legacy, John Allen who wrestled at Purdue, but the previous staffs screwed the pooch on them. ALWAYS offer multi-sport athletes that are Purdue Legacy...what a big mistake.

The McQuay brothers from Gary played on the Basketball team here at Purdue at the same time.

You may or may not be correct. It is not obvious at all at this point in time. His older brother may rave about his Purdue experience. Don't you think that might have some bearing?

I am fairly sure the younger brother will get many offers. Purdue will be among them. Plus, there is quite a family history at Purdue already.

I think that your comment is way too premature.

Agree totally. It’s difficult for us long term fans to get used to how our football recruiting has flipped over night. Just because OSU or UM offer doesn’t automatically rule us out anymore.

Agree totally. It’s difficult for us long term fans to get used to how our football recruiting has flipped over night. Just because OSU or UM offer doesn’t automatically rule us out anymore.
I agree with this as well. In addition, he probably has already had more exposure to the Purdue Football Program than any other program that recruits him and he is gonna get a lot more exposure going forward. I think the only way he goes elsewhere is if he decides he just wants to get out of town for college for the sake of getting out of town. My money is on him staying in town and playing in front of his family every week. We shall see.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
ADVERTISEMENT