ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather face Bama or UConn

Wow, it wasn’t a dream. Purdue really is playing in the Final Four!! Looking forward to our next game.

Reactions: jtanoos1
UCONN. Gotta beat the best and leave no doubt
You think uconn (or anyone) cares that they beat SDSU in the championship instead of Houston or another top seed? Nah winning is winning.
Also believing Bama will win is wishful thinking. They might, but not very likely.

For the easier win, Bama would be the better choice. But I think everyone wants to see Edey vs Clingan. That's just something Edey hasn't had to go up against. Someone that's actually near his size and skill level. Huge game for both as well as it comes to draft stock. Clingan is a Top 10 pick and Edey is sitting around the lottery. It'd definitely be some old school basketball to watch. Take us back to the early 2000s. I think this Purdue team is what John Thompson dreamed of at Georgetown.

Logically, I should say Bama, but I’ve been pulling for a Purdue/UConn final for months. If it happens, I think that it will be one of the most anticipated finals in decades.

You think uconn (or anyone) cares that they beat SDSU in the championship instead of Houston or another top seed? Nah winning is winning.
Also believing Bama will win is wishful thinking. They might, but not very likely.
Haha nope. I’d like to see how we matchup. Tbh all teams are great in the F4. I hope we get to the NC

I think Bama beats UConn and is in the final game, making PU's task a bit easier. UConn's over-ripe and ready to be plucked.
Come on. Bama.

A natty is a natty. UCONN is the one team better than Purdue when both play to their potential. Would prefer to avoid them, but I don't see anyone stopping UCONN.

Reactions: rgarlitz
In the end if we win it all, beating UConn would be a bit more satisfying. On the other hand, if we win on Monday night, I don't really care which team is we beat - we will be National Champions!

Reactions: rgarlitz
We are here now. Thats all I wanted. Lets give America the showdown everyone wants and one for the ages.

Lets take down Uconn

This game could rival some of the biggest and best championship games of all time... ratings, competitiveness, historical stakes, etc.

There will be more IU fans than usual rooting for Purdue if this were to come to fruition. If UConn wins, they will pass up IU with 6 NCAA championships.

Reactions: krazychicagod
We would need to play flawless basketball for 40 minutes to beat UConn. I think they just might be able to do it. This Purdue team is different. As Zach said, we're f'ing winners!!!!

This game could rival some of the biggest and best championship games of all time... ratings, competitiveness, historical stakes, etc.

There will be more IU fans than usual rooting for Purdue if this were to come to fruition. If UConn wins, they will pass up IU with 6 NCAA championships.
I highly doubt IU fans will be rooting for Purdue to win a natty, regardless of the context, but that's just me haha

Reactions: jtanoos1
The re-watch of the AL game was just on. Amazed how AL came out and just spanked us, up 12 early. 7 different guys hit 3s in H1. AL pretty much controlled the game for the first 27 minutes. When a dumb tech by Oates got us back in it. Their shooting, speed and quick guards were a major problem for us.

Furst played good for us during his time, Morton could not handle the speed. Colvin could during his minutes....and looked good out there.

Got our first lead after 29 minutes. And AL had it back with 4+ to go. In the end too much Edey & Smith.....but not sure I want to see them again?

Last edited:
I think Bama beats UConn and is in the final game, making PU's task a bit easier. UConn's over-ripe and ready to be plucked.
At Arizona and they have the offense should Uconn not be at the top of their game. If they do it would be three teams Purdue had beaten prior to the tourney assuming Purdue gets past NCS

Reactions: mediaexpert
I went to school in NY, and I am in a tournament bracket with couple of hundred alumni. I am lucky not to have any peer pressure, because most of my classmates have died of old age.

I am saying all of this, because I would think half the alumni chose UConn. When Purdue wins out, I will be the winner! If Purdue wins, and Bama wins, I should also be the winner. So the pessimist in me wants Bama, but the optimist in me wants UConn.

IMO, the key to beating NCS will be TKR and our hitting 3's.

I will say the same thing I have said all tournament: be careful what you wish for; you just might get it. I will root for no one but Purdue. Let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: tjreese
I will say the same thing I have said all tournament: be careful what you wish for; you just might get it. I will root for no one but Purdue. Let the chips fall where they may.
ya know there is a lot of history where mankind has made things worse by getting what they want

Uconn

And I'll tell you one more thing...

I want Holyfield...I want Holyfield
MONDAY!! MONDAY!! MONDAY!! . MONSTER JAAAAAMMM -SEVEN FOUR VERSUS VERSUS VERSUS SEVEN TWO. GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE MAIN EVENT WHERE TICKETS ARE SOLD. … I want to hear this radio ad :p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT