ADVERTISEMENT

With Witt and the Indy RB in, where else would you like to see a transfer?

Faucheux could be very good
His back injury was two years ago now it it wasn’t one of those “lingering injuries“. His body was big to begin with and now he has had two years of putting on “B10 weight“
He has to be on the field...... Show me the money...

Well, neal has the eligibility to return. his draft stock kind of plummeted from 2 years ago when he was a projected 1st round pick. . he could come back for one last chance to showcase his ability. I still would like to see a 4 / 3 implemented.
He really doesn’t have much of a choice because he won’t get drafted most likely...I don’t know if it’s worth the risk to not come back, it is a lot of money if he can get his form back. And it’s the opportunity to have several good years in the NFL and be set for life financially

Me.. in this order

LB
S
CB
LB for certain, as, Purdue is in dire need of help there (and has been for a couple of years).

OL needs help...it is such a glaring weakness (and has been).

CB before Safety, and, I am not as concerned about Safety personally.

DL after that as Purdue's DL was brutal...some of it was scheme, but, a lot of it was personnel. They have one legit lineman right now in Karlaftis, and, they need someone to pair with him at the other end, as well as two guys in between that can play against the run and provide some push for a pass rush.

LB for certain, as, Purdue is in dire need of help there (and has been for a couple of years).

OL needs help...it is such a glaring weakness (and has been).

CB before Safety, and, I am not as concerned about Safety personally.

DL after that as Purdue's DL was brutal...some of it was scheme, but, a lot of it was personnel. They have one legit lineman right now in Karlaftis, and, they need someone to pair with him at the other end, as well as two guys in between that can play against the run and provide some push for a pass rush.
OL was not a glaring need this year. It was serviceable and showed marked improvement.

OL was not a glaring need this year. It was serviceable and showed marked improvement.
We will have to agree to disagree...as, there was nothing remotely serviceable about this year's OL, and, while it showed improvement, it was not only not marked, it would have been impossible to have been worse than the prior year. It is an area that went ignored for two years by Brohm and staff, and, it was glaring a year ago...to me, it remained so this year. Those are just my thoughts and you apparently see it differently, but, the OL was absolutely dominated by a bad Rutgers and bad Nebraska team, and, was at best, serviceable against anyone else...it never once dominated the line of scrimmage in any game, and, in every game, the QB was under pressure far more often than not...the running game was brutal, and, that would have been even more evident if it were not for the stellar individual effort(s) of Horvath.

Reactions: SKYDOG
We will have to agree to disagree...as, there was nothing remotely serviceable about this year's OL, and, while it showed improvement, it was not only not marked, it would have been impossible to have been worse than the prior year. It is an area that went ignored for two years by Brohm and staff, and, it was glaring a year ago...to me, it remained so this year. Those are just my thoughts and you apparently see it differently, but, the OL was absolutely dominated by a bad Rutgers and bad Nebraska team, and, was at best, serviceable against anyone else...it never once dominated the line of scrimmage in any game, and, in every game, the QB was under pressure far more often than not...the running game was brutal, and, that would have been even more evident if it were not for the stellar individual effort(s) of Horvath.

First, the offense was not dominated by Rutgers D, which was highlighted by their game plan to specifically play keep away from Purdue's offense and eat clock.

"Rutgers produced 26 first downs against the Boilermakers, the most they’ve achieved in a Big Ten game since joining the conference in 2014." Aaron Brietman

Craig, Bramel, and Jornigan were all injured for multiple games this year. Also from the 2017 class, Beach would be starting if he didn't hurt his back last year. That means four quality linemen were not able to play for a unit that is still very young. Purdue is still working towards getting a level of depth that can handle this many injuries in a tough season.

The first year Brohm brought in transfers because the offensive line needed help. The staff lost out on recruiting some other transfers and players the last several years, but I will never understand this narrative that Brohm ignored the offensive line.

For example, Purdue was going to bring in Storment, a CSU OT transfer last year. But then he flipped to TCU after committing to Purdue, so the staff had to scramble to get Long. There were other examples of missed opportunities, but failing to win recruiting battles or recruiting kids that didn't pan out is different than ignoring the problem.

It takes a few years to rebuild a depleted offensive line, and we are going to see this effort pay off over the next several years.

Reactions: Bippus33

here’s what I think happened. You have a bunch of people like yourself who Don’t really have a lot going on upstairs and “Purdue can’t get big kids who can play because they are in Indiana and not an elite program” is a shiny take that excites you.

so, as we started the season you knew you couldn’t say anything. You wanted to but you knew you couldn’t.

four linemen go down and all the sudden we were a drastically different OL. Now, a thinking man can immediately register the concept that it’s possible to improve from the shit show we saw in 2019, but not so much that you Can just lose a bu chance of guys...

But some people wanted to act like Jornigan, Craig etc were still out there and we just sucked cause we are so bad.

maybe you aren’t in the group of stooges I’m talking about, but they do exist

here’s what I think happened. You have a bunch of people like yourself who Don’t really have a lot going on upstairs and “Purdue can’t get big kids who can play because they are in Indiana and not an elite program” is a shiny take that excites you.

so, as we started the season you knew you couldn’t say anything. You wanted to but you knew you couldn’t.

four linemen go down and all the sudden we were a drastically different OL. Now, a thinking man can immediately register the concept that it’s possible to improve from the shit show we saw in 2019, but not so much that you Can just lose a bu chance of guys...

But some people wanted to act like Jornigan, Craig etc were still out there and we just sucked cause we are so bad.

maybe you aren’t in the group of stooges I’m talking about, but they do exist
Stooge or not, I had no problem expressing concern about the OL going into the season...on the heels of how awful it was a year ago. I was open-minded and wanted to see what it looked like...it was ok I thought against Iowa, but, not more than that...and, I have no problem expressing remaining concern after what I saw. I have no idea if Purdue can get big kids who can play or not, as, thus far, they have not shown an ability to really do so. It is true that they are not an elite program, nor that they will become one any time soon, but, to have any chance to be just good...they have to be better on the OL and DL, as well as other places.

I am more than willing to acknowledge that the line with Jornigan and Craig was better than the one without it...nobody would suggest otherwise (stooges included), but, it was not as if Purdue's line was markedly good, much less great, with those guys...nor that it appears that it will be. Better than '19...for sure, but, again...how could it possibly not be after that disaster, but, good...maybe by Purdue standards, but, not by B1G ones...and, until Purdue can have an OL that is good by B1G standards, it will struggle to have success.

Stooge or not, I had no problem expressing concern about the OL going into the season...on the heels of how awful it was a year ago. I was open-minded and wanted to see what it looked like...it was ok I thought against Iowa, but, not more than that...and, I have no problem expressing remaining concern after what I saw. I have no idea if Purdue can get big kids who can play or not, as, thus far, they have not shown an ability to really do so. It is true that they are not an elite program, nor that they will become one any time soon, but, to have any chance to be just good...they have to be better on the OL and DL, as well as other places.

I am more than willing to acknowledge that the line with Jornigan and Craig was better than the one without it...nobody would suggest otherwise (stooges included), but, it was not as if Purdue's line was markedly good, much less great, with those guys...nor that it appears that it will be. Better than '19...for sure, but, again...how could it possibly not be after that disaster, but, good...maybe by Purdue standards, but, not by B1G ones...and, until Purdue can have an OL that is good by B1G standards, it will struggle to have success.

when we had everyone the OL was at least a slight strength

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT