ADVERTISEMENT

With the IU lost, do their 4 star recruits walk

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
I've seen a number of posts stating some schools will lose their recruits (such as IU). I heard CJB state that he and the other coaches will spend the next 20 dome days contacting all our recruits to reconfirm with them.

I believe in the past we too have benefitted with a late recruitment surprise. My question is, does Purdue benefit and pick up a surprise recruit or two?

I've seen a number of posts stating some schools will lose their recruits (such as IU). I heard CJB state that he and the other coaches will spend the next 20 dome days contacting all our recruits to reconfirm with them.

I believe in the past we too have benefitted with a late recruitment surprise. My question is, does Purdue benefit and pick up a surprise recruit or two?
I would think Sampson James would be thinking long, and hard about switching to Purdue. Especially if he doesn't like playing dirty, like #42 for IU.

I would think Sampson James would be thinking long, and hard about switching to Purdue. Especially if he doesn't like playing dirty, like #42 for IU.
He's going to sit behind #21. Why would he go to IU to sit?

Do we still have a chance with Cam Williams? If we get him and Bell, that puts us at 26. Would we even have room without telling someone to get lost? I would prefer a solid O lineman if we do some last hour shuffling to Sampson

Do we still have a chance with Cam Williams? If we get him and Bell, that puts us at 26. Would we even have room without telling someone to get lost? I would prefer a solid O lineman if we do some last hour shuffling to Sampson

We will have 5 early enrollees. They can coun't towards the previous class. Not all will per se...but we could take more than 26 even and be ok

Reactions: Frankie611
Robbins didn't get the offers he was looking for, probably sticking with IU. Tracy lost out on the Purdue and Iowa offers so he ended up at the last one left, doubt he leaves.

Sampson James is solid with IU and is planning to enroll early.

Not sure how much PT he'll get as Stevie Scott is really good. Granted he likely wouldn't have played right away at OSU either but IU has a guy who will be tough to beat out at RB.

Not sure how much PT he'll get as Stevie Scott is really good. Granted he likely wouldn't have played right away at OSU either but IU has a guy who will be tough to beat out at RB.
That's exactly why I'm saying he's thinking hard about switching to Purdue.

Why would they lose them? They knew that place was a Goose Shit Show when they committed. Nothing has changed by them having another losing season.

Robbins didn't get the offers he was looking for, probably sticking with IU. Tracy lost out on the Purdue and Iowa offers so he ended up at the last one left, doubt he leaves.

Robbins wanted to go to IU. He was seen wearing IU year long before he committed. He was essentially an IU lock as a junior. He will be good for them.

Tracy is going to be a beast and become on of IUs best recruiters. I really wanted Tracy but the two corners that Brohm signed were too good to pass up. Tracy will be very good for IU and I hope he is very successful. One of my coworker had a son that played with him.

If James takes a red shirt year, he would only have to compete against Scott for two years at most. (Keep in mind Scott had two RBs ranked above him in the ‘18 class in Pechac and Walker). Walker was a top 500 recruit and a top 20 RB. It’s possible James could still go in and win the job as Scott was only a 3 Star.

IU doesn’t have near the talent that Purdue has on their class, but they got some decent players they should be excited about. I don’t know how long they will keep Allen, but IU is still in a better place than Purdue was with Hazell (although, that doesn’t mean much.) Considering how little fan support IU football has, that is about as good as they could hope for. If not for the reversible jacket crew, would the basketball program have more support than Purdue? It seems unlikely considering their football turnouts.

Robbins wanted to go to IU. He was seen wearing IU year long before he committed. He was essentially an IU lock as a junior. He will be good for them.

Tracy is going to be a beast and become on of IUs best recruiters. I really wanted Tracy but the two corners that Brohm signed were too good to pass up. Tracy will be very good for IU and I hope he is very successful. One of my coworker had a son that played with him.

If James takes a red shirt year, he would only have to compete against Scott for two years at most. (Keep in mind Scott had two RBs ranked above him in the ‘18 class in Pechac and Walker). Walker was a top 500 recruit and a top 20 RB. It’s possible James could still go in and win the job as Scott was only a 3 Star.

IU doesn’t have near the talent that Purdue has on their class, but they got some decent players they should be excited about. I don’t know how long they will keep Allen, but IU is still in a better place than Purdue was with Hazell (although, that doesn’t mean much.) Considering how little fan support IU football has, that is about as good as they could hope for. If not for the reversible jacket crew, would the basketball program have more support than Purdue? It seems unlikely considering their football turnouts.
I saw Tracy play on Saturday, and wasn’t really blown away. He’s all right, decent pickup for IU, but got beat for a touchdown by a kid who’s going to play baseball in college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT