ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin is "Down"

purduepat1969

All-American
Sep 28, 2011
24-0 at Illinois. Yes, they're not the normal Wisconsin team competing for the West. But they'll be a major roadblock to 6 wins for Purdue...

Reactions: DAG10
24-0 at Illinois. Yes, they're not the normal Wisconsin team competing for the West. But they'll be a major roadblock to 6 wins for Purdue...
Somewhat agree…but Wisconsin’s D is still good. I think our D is better than Illinois’ but we’ll have to play well and be more efficient on offense if we hope to have a chance.

Still think we can hang with Nebraska, IU, Wisconsin and Northwestern on the schedule.

Somewhat agree…but Wisconsin’s D is still good. I think our D is better than Illinois’ but we’ll have to play well and be more efficient on offense if we hope to have a chance.

Still think we can hang with Nebraska, IU, Wisconsin and Northwestern on the schedule.
I'd say we'll hang with Northwestern and IU. I think we'll lose the remaining games on the schedule.

If we don't turn over the ball against Iowa we have a great shot
I’m not sure how I feel about the Iowa game. The optimist in me agrees with you. The pessimist in me says that Iowa is the best D we face and we will struggle.

I'd say we'll hang with Northwestern and IU. I think we'll lose the remaining games on the schedule.
I hope “your thinking” is wrong. As I look across scores and highlights, anything can happen. Ask Alabama fans if unranked Texas A&M 3-2 is competitive.

Iowa will be a huge hurdle for this Purdue team as our O will not survive their D.

Iowa will be a huge hurdle for this Purdue team as our O will not survive their D.
I guess we will see. Iowa was about to get run off the field and it was 17-3 when PSU QB goes down with injury. PSU backup was absolutely terrible.

I hope “your thinking” is wrong. As I look across scores and highlights, anything can happen. Ask Alabama fans if unranked Texas A&M 3-2 is competitive.
A&M was highly ranked preseason. They have a lot of talent. I wouldn't quite make that comparison...

Illinois has a worse pass offense than our rush offense by a lot

With Bama losing Iowa could be #1 in the country, especially after beating # 4 Penn State.
Brohm will have hands full. I expect 27-7 Iowa win
Hope I’m wrong

Georgia will be #1 in both polls, IMO - they crunched Auburn on the road. Iowa should be a solid #2 - and I think Purdue will give them some issues for some of the game, but I don't see the Boilers able to win there.....wouldn't be totally shocked with an upset though.

Death to The Most Hated Rival week starts today! :D

Georgia will be #1 in both polls, IMO - they crunched Auburn on the road. Iowa should be a solid #2 - and I think Purdue will give them some issues for some of the game, but I don't see the Boilers able to win there.....wouldn't be totally shocked with an upset though.

Death to The Most Hated Rival week starts today! :D
Need to come to play. Big opportunity here.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Let’s see how it plays out before you count your chickens. I hope I am wrong but have seen Purdue not come through too often.
Yesterday essentially shows you are wrong. My guess is with the low post count and only coming around to post negativity, you're a IU fan in disguise. Hope I am wrong, but I have seen this come through too often.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Sorry, you are incorrect. I have been a fan since Everett and ‘84. I’m an electric lineman and work a ton of hours and don’t post very often. I’ll be more than happy to eat some nice deep fried crow when I am wrong. When I first became a fan, I endured 13 years with no winning record or bowl game. Since Tiller brought us some excitement, winning and joy somehow we always seemed to get kicked in the stones at least a few times a year, every year. I try reverse psychology to ease the pain. I’m a realist with low expectations, loved yesterday’s win, especially being born and raised in Iowa. I wait to celebrate too much until we are bowl eligible. You will notice I was posting last year to accept a bowl bid if it came our way and everyone on here was like, just let the season end. That Minnesota loss last year was the kick in the stones just like I hope this year’s loss isn’t.

Sorry, you are incorrect. I have been a fan since Everett and ‘84. I’m an electric lineman and work a ton of hours and don’t post very often. I’ll be more than happy to eat some nice deep fried crow when I am wrong. When I first became a fan, I endured 13 years with no winning record or bowl game. Since Tiller brought us some excitement, winning and joy somehow we always seemed to get kicked in the stones at least a few times a year, every year. I try reverse psychology to ease the pain. I’m a realist with low expectations, loved yesterday’s win, especially being born and raised in Iowa. I wait to celebrate too much until we are bowl eligible. You will notice I was posting last year to accept a bowl bid if it came our way and everyone on here was like, just let the season end. That Minnesota loss last year was the kick in the stones just like I hope this year’s loss isn’t.
200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT