ADVERTISEMENT

Winning team depth chart for 2020

What happened to Elijah Ball? Unless I am thinking of the wrong guy, I thought he did well in the Spring game

Nobody has Fasikini playing MLB in these posts. Dude is a hitter and physical presence. He can’t cover.... but I like how he hits.

we don’t have any LB’s that can cover, so I guess the best run stoppers should play

So what’s your cut off for gaining weight to play? There have been several players bulk up and move to bigger positions and contribute.

anything over 20% more mass is very hard to do... so that would mean the cutoff for OL is ~250 lbs. McKenna will be a good test case - think he was 260 coming in and is still too weak to play (while Bramel/Miller are playing at same age). We took another small OL in 2017 (Jackson was 250), but he bailed after 1 year.

McWilliams, Reviere, Marks are examples of DL guys maxing out below a playable weight as well

Lol I didn’t think this thread was gonna turn into “well why can’t a guy who Tom and Brian never ever ever brought up as being anywhere near anything all year.. get to 300 and play.

He was 250 coming out of high school. How many players who were 250 gained 40-50 pounds in one year and played?

Who was the last player who wasn’t sullivan’s Height who packed on 40-50 lbs and was extremely effective and good on the injury front.

It’s rhe exception not the rule. We have:

Lorenzo Neal
Anthony Watts
Lawrence Johnson
Steven Faucheux
Jack Sullivan

And then when Bryce Austin, who also won’t play this year, is coming in at 285+

Has anyone, anywhere in this thread claimed that Kpaka would gain 40-50 pounds to play, or play DT?

Has anyone, anywhere in this thread claimed that Kpaka would gain 40-50 pounds to play, or play DT?

That’s what he was recruited for man... get a paid subscription if you don’t have one. It was never thought that he’d be explosive at the DE position

What is the outlook on Marks? I think he was someone needing to gain weight to get more playing time.

Yet another grow a player. At last check he wasn’t playing because he was like 250 during the season and ALSO not explosive at the DE position.

If you aren’t a Leo... and your name isn’t Karlaftis, Deen, Hunter or Hudgens.. it ain’t happening at DE for Purdue. That’s a fact

Reactions: BoilerData
I think I'd be careful with that statement when you were one of the main characters advocating for a 2 star running back, #36 player in Indiana...
Never said we should offer him. But the notion there are 35 better college prospects in Indiana is hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT