ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Lane enters portal

Does this allow for any maneuvering with the numbers?

I was looking at a roster listing, simply to find any info on Lane. It shows seemingly all of the incoming freshmen, without pictures but with numbers. However Alaimo and Murphy were not listed. Neither was the QB transfer from UCLA nor the UConn transfer. Just wondering. Maybe the others have enrolled already?

Reactions: Rhino1821

I was looking at a roster listing, simply to find any info on Lane. It shows seemingly all of the incoming freshmen, without pictures but with numbers. However Alaimo and Murphy were not listed. Neither was the QB transfer from UCLA nor the UConn transfer. Just wondering. Maybe the others have enrolled already?
I think we are still 2 over on scholarships after the Lane transfer.

Reactions: KingofJersey

That’s the spring roster. Only mid year enrollees arenlisted

a GBI article today said 11 players were in the transfer portal. not really any big name players, but it might provide some space. one was headed to FSU. One was going to temple, another to Chatanooga.

a GBI article today said 11 players were in the transfer portal. not really any big name players, but it might provide some space. one was headed to FSU. One was going to temple, another to Chatanooga.
Some of those 11 were walk ons

That article was also pretty outdated, despite being new. Destinations of several guys are already known. In fact, a poster here went off on me because he found it irrelevant that I shared where they went.

Jordan Bonner: Elon
Noah Ellison: Indiana State
Byron Perkins: Hampton
Ja'Quirius Smith: Campbell

Ellison was the lone Purdue walk-on listed. Cornel Jones was correctly listed to FSU but it wasn't mentioned that he is walking on there with the expectation of getting a scholarship. Also, Purdue walk-on LS Nathan Weneta is in the portal.

We're going to have to have some more attrition to the sophomore class or it's going to be hard to upgrade the roster. Even with Lane leaving, we're at 25 players. Obviously one will leave after this year with Moore to the NFL, but 24 is still a ton when you ideally have 17 in each class.

Last edited:
That article was also pretty outdated, despite being new. Destinations of several guys are already known. In fact, a poster here went off on me because he found it irrelevant that I shared where they went.

Jordan Bonner: Elon
Noah Ellison: Indiana State
Byron Perkins: Hampton
Ja'Quirius Smith: Campbell

Ellison was the lone Purdue walk-on listed. Cornel Jones was correctly listed to FSU but it wasn't mentioned that he is walking on there with the expectation of getting a scholarship. Also, Purdue walk-on LS Nathan Weneta is in the portal.

We're going to have to have some more attrition to the sophomore class or it's going to be hard to upgrade the roster. Even with Lane leaving, we're at 25 players. Obviously one will leave after this year with Moore to the NFL, but 24 is still a ton when you ideally have 17 in each class.
Thanks for the post. About a month ago( when Tom posted the similar article on portal movement), I too posted and copied him that Ellison, Bonner, and Perkins had found new homes ( I didn’t know the Ja’Q Smith to Hampton move) . Guess he chose not to use it when he republished the same article now.

I don't believe Moore is a lock to leave for the NFL after this year. I recall a running back who had a fantastic freshman season at Purdue before injuries affected his future play. what's he doing now? I also recall a DT who was a sure fire first round pick before an injury happened. injuries have a way of changing future predictions. they also have a very bad habit of re-occurring.

I don't believe Moore is a lock to leave for the NFL after this year. I recall a running back who had a fantastic freshman season at Purdue before injuries affected his future play. what's he doing now? I also recall a DT who was a sure fire first round pick before an injury happened. injuries have a way of changing future predictions. they also have a very bad habit of re-occurring.
If hes healthy, hes gone.

If hes healthy, hes gone.

I can agree if he's healthy, he will have a productive season at Purdue. Maybe he'll do the unheard of thing and want to stay and complete his college career at Purdue. Has he actually said anything about his actual intentions?

But on the negative side, I've seen a lot of predictions made about players after their freshman seasons that never came true.

I can agree if he's healthy, he will have a productive season at Purdue. Maybe he'll do the unheard of thing and want to stay and complete his college career at Purdue. Has he actually said anything about his actual intentions?

But on the negative side, I've seen a lot of predictions made about players after their freshman seasons that never came true.
He gone. Its been the plan the whole time.

There were three 6'0-and-under WR taken in the first round of this year's draft. That would have been unheard of 5-10 years ago when everyone was looking for the next AJ Green or Dez Bryant. The NFL has shifted toward speed and quickness... Brown, Diggs, Woods, Edelman, Hill, etc. Modern offenses are about creating separation moreso than dropping passes into tight windows or jump balls. Every single team could use a Rondale Moore. If healthy he is unfortunately g-o-n-e.

There were three 6'0-and-under WR taken in the first round of this year's draft. That would have been unheard of 5-10 years ago when everyone was looking for the next AJ Green or Dez Bryant. The NFL has shifted toward speed and quickness... Brown, Diggs, Woods, Edelman, Hill, etc. Modern offenses are about creating separation moreso than dropping passes into tight windows or jump balls. Every single team could use a Rondale Moore. If healthy he is unfortunately g-o-n-e.
I agree . It’s about space mismatches. I’ll put my guy in space against you guy and see who is the quickest, most elusive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT