ADVERTISEMENT

Will Ben Holt start at Linebacker?

Jul 30, 2019
Defensive Coordinator Nick Holt's son Ben Holt is grad transfer from Western Kentucky. He was their leading tackler lasts season with 116 tackles. He'll be at Purdue for his final season as fifth year senior.

Do you predict he starts in the first game?

Reactions: capistrano
Defensive Coordinator Nick Holt's son Ben Holt is grad transfer from Western Kentucky. He was their leading tackler lasts season with 116 tackles. He'll be at Purdue for his final season as fifth year senior.

Do you predict he starts in the first game?
If the apple doesn’t roll too far from the tree.

Contributor = yes. Is he athletic enough to supplant any of the three current starters? We’ll see. You don’t want him to barely edge an existing starter as that creates locker room talk.

Reactions: krf3632
Contributor = yes. Is he athletic enough to supplant any of the three current starters? We’ll see. You don’t want him to barely edge an existing starter as that creates locker room talk.

Derrick Barnes is now playing the leo spot. Holt or Alexander will start alongside Jones and Bailey

Reactions: TheGunner
I’m curious about Jack Smith. There was a lot of talk about his athleticism when he signed. I believe he needed to put on some good weight.

Same here. Supposedly a really good pass coverage Linebacker.

Listed as 220 right now, so probably does need another 10-15 lbs be a starter

I can't wait for the first Nick Holt chewing out his son GIF. Classic Holt. I'm sure Nick won't take it easy on him

Despite being listed at 5'11", next to Markus (6'2"), Ben looks to be all of 5'9". However, I could be wrong, especially when they get in their stances. To me, whether he starts or not is immaterial. He probably will get significant snaps!

Speaking of size, Paul Piferi looks to be VERY mature physically. I was 10 -15 yards behind the QB's sending signals at practice yesterday and the contrast between Sipe and Piferi (from the same high school) is PRONOUNCED!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT