ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the next 2019 commit

For this year's team, Painter got the man he wanted. He landed Evan Boudreaux. This guy might be a real difference maker. Glad we outbid Xavier and got him.

For this year's team, Painter got the man he wanted. He landed Evan Boudreaux. This guy might be a real difference maker. Glad we outbid Xavier and got him.

Do you mean Louisville?

Because he was originally committed to Xavier.

And nobody is answering the question. The fact that we have Boudreaux and Thompson and may or may not reel in a commit before September doesn’t answer the question of “who will be the next 2019 commit?”

I’ll go out on a limb and say Newman.

Yea, of the guys CMP offered/is looking @..... Newman, Franklin, Gillis, Allen, Hemenway, Harvey, Okoro, TJD, Hall, Timme, Brooks ....Newman & Gillis should think about being next?

We only have so many spots....Guys that are offered should jump on board if they want to be Boilers.....or CMP might have to move on as the July eval period might bring up guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Yea, of the guys CMP offered/is looking @..... Newman, Franklin, Gillis, Allen, Hemenway, Harvey, Okoro, TJD, Hall, Timme ....Newman & Gillis should think about being next?

We only have so many spots....Guys that are offered should jump on board if they want to be Boilers.....or CMP might have to move on as the July eval period might bring up guys.
We have at least 3 open scholarships for 2019. Recruits aren't concerned about us filling up at this point.

How do Franklin and Newman compare to each other? I assume we only take one of those, right?

How do Franklin and Newman compare to each other? I assume we only take one of those, right?
They are both combo guards IMO. I would say Newman is a more polished outside shooter and Franklin is more of a drive/slash type.

Don’t think you take both. One or the other

I guess it's good that we made Brooks top 10 but I don't give us much of a chance. I'd speculate he ends up at IU with MSU a close second. Not sure what the appeal is at IU currently. It's a school that talks alot about winning where Purdue actually does it.

As far as a prediction, not sure. Newman?

We have at least 3 open scholarships for 2019. Recruits aren't concerned about us filling up at this point.

yea, but we are only taking 1 more guard I would imagine....Newman should jump on that if he wants to Boiler up.

Not sure what the appeal is at IU currently. It's a school that talks alot about winning where Purdue actually does it.
Indiana's won just 53 percent of its games over the past 15 years. That prolonged period of mediocrity for a perceived blueblood is absolutely hilarious. I believe Purdue has won 65 percent of its games during that period.

I like Newman , since he blocked romeos shot twice and stole the ball from him twice.

Hello.....Newman.

giphy.gif

Reactions: rgarlitz
I guess it's good that we made Brooks top 10 but I don't give us much of a chance. I'd speculate he ends up at IU with MSU a close second. Not sure what the appeal is at IU currently. It's a school that talks alot about winning where Purdue actually does it.

As far as a prediction, not sure. Newman?
I would imagine the appeal of IU is due to the fact that TJD is high on them. I would assume he wants to have the option to play with him since they play together with the Speice Indy Heat

I would imagine the appeal of IU is due to the fact that TJD is high on them. I would assume he wants to have the option to play with him since they play together with the Speice Indy Heat
Interesting thing I read (can't remember where but promise I read it) that a lot of scouts were backing off their "sure fire lock" on TJD to IU.

Most said that based on the fact he lived on their campus when he wasn't playing high school games that they expected him to commit soon. Now that we are middle of June they are backing away thinking something might have shifted/changed.

Interesting thing I read (can't remember where but promise I read it) that a lot of scouts were backing off their "sure fire lock" on TJD to IU.

Most said that based on the fact he lived on their campus when he wasn't playing high school games that they expected him to commit soon. Now that we are middle of June they are backing away thinking something might have shifted/changed.
Indiana still has a slight lead. MSU and UCLA are the others in his top 3. The longer it plays out the worse for IU.

Interestingly IU, MSU, and... Iowa are said to be doing the best jobs recruiting him at this point. I should add that Iowa doesn't have a real chance at landing him.

Indiana's won just 53 percent of its games over the past 15 years. That prolonged period of mediocrity for a perceived blueblood is absolutely hilarious. I believe Purdue has won 65 percent of its games during that period.
wow...and that includes preseason games at home!

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Franklin on campus. Can we have him meet with Brohm and crew? Guarantee he will commit. TIC

Reactions: SKYDOG
I'm going to still say MSU, Kentucky then IU. I will say CMP is the only coach that has told Jr. He would be a 2-3 player. Darrion is still being heavily recruited by MSU as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT