ADVERTISEMENT

Who does the game ball go to ?

Can’t decide but for me it’s a five way split between Gillis Ivey Morton hunter and trevion.

So many choices for different reasons.

Loved to see Jaden Ivey and Eric Hunter, Jr. play with composure.....and both went 8/9 from the FT line - outstanding. However, Purdue doesn't win without Trevion Williams and Ethan Morton.....or Mason Gillis either.

Can’t decide but for me it’s a five way split between Gillis Ivey Morton hunter and trevion.
See...THAT is the key with THIS team...when so many guys make such huge contributions...it is why they were special early...here is hoping that it is what makes them special here in the end...it absolutely did tonight.

Beard pushed all his chips in the middle going for shutting Ivey down. I was wondering which path he would choose but once it was in place Ivey had to know he was a facilitator instead of a producer. He handled that job well. If our 3 point shooters did anything at all this would have been a huge blowout, 20 points plus.

later in the 2nd half it loosened up for Ivey and he still crushed it. Best team victory I’ve seen in awhile.

Beard pushed all his chips in the middle going for shutting Ivey down. I was wondering which path he would choose but once it was in place Ivey had to know he was a facilitator instead of a producer. He handled that job well. If our 3 point shooters did anything at all this would have been a huge blowout, 20 points plus.

later in the 2nd half it loosened up for Ivey and he still crushed it. Best team victory I’ve seen in awhile.
I really hope Sasha and IT break out of their slump. We will need them! (And Newman / furst too)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Ivey. his 3 pointer sealed the victory. in a game with a lot of misses, that was one very clutch shot.
Jason Benetti on the call on Westwood One threw in a BULLSEYE without even recognizing the significance...

Reactions: clankhan
To be honest I wasn’t sure how he was used. What did he do that made carr uncomfortable?
I think his recovery speed catches folks off guard as well as his length. It looked like those factors were keeping Carr a tad frustrated, even though he still had a great game. IT has no chance against Carr, just a bad matchup.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
I think his recovery speed catches folks off guard as well as his length. It looked like those factors were keeping Carr a tad frustrated, even though he still had a great game. IT has no chance against Carr, just a bad matchup.
It was terrible on Carr when we played minny. I don’t remember one time IT on Carr this game and in fact it looked like he only put IT in the game in the second half when carr went to the bench to avoid getting stuck on him with a switch.

Jason Benetti on the call on Westwood One threw in a BULLSEYE without even recognizing the significance...
Doubt that was a coincidence. Benetti has called games in Mackey Arena several times.

You bring up a good point here, there were several times carr used his speed to get away but Morton seems to have a strong ability to quickly recover and stay on his strong side. As long as he forced him left carr was not going to take it to the hole. Great scouting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT