ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you think are the 5 best players in the B1G?

Mgkcbb

Sophomore
Apr 2, 2016
Not who you think will be 1st team all B1G necessarily, but who do you think are the 5 very best players regardless of position?

Carsen
Happ
Cowan
Morgan
Romeo

*queue the outrage*.... lol
Not a bad list, but including Romeo opens old wounds. Not sure a kid who has not played a minute in the BIG deserves to be on the list yet. Did we forget everybody on the MSU and UM team? Seam's pretty IU homer to me.

Reactions: Purdue85
Carsen
Happ
Cowan
Morgan
Romeo

*queue the outrage*.... lol

4 of 5 aint bad Trojan. You know how I feel about Romeo but those first 4 are the exact same as my first 4 so can allow you a delsusional pick for the 5th.

Not a bad list, but including Romeo opens old wounds. Not sure a kid who has not played a minute in the BIG deserves to be on the list yet. Did we forget everybody on the MSU and UM team? Seam's pretty IU homer to me.
There is only one player in the Big Ten that will be a top 10 draft pick next year...

Michigan and MSU have great teams, but they dont really have star power. Charles Mathews is the closest thing on UM and Cash Winston is the best on MSU.

Iu is more top heavy in that they have two all league level players and then go down from there.

There is only one player in the Big Ten that will be a top 10 draft pick next year...

Michigan and MSU have great teams, but they dont really have star power. Charles Mathews is the closest thing on UM and Cash Winston is the best on MSU.

Iu is more top heavy in that they have two all league level players and then go down from there.
Simpson and Teske on UM were pretty good last year. You do make a good point on the concentration of POTENTIAL star power on IU's team. Wonder why IU got dissed in the latest prediction?

By the way, anyone else have problems with slow response to your typing?

simpson and Teske on UM were pretty good last year. You do make a good point on the concentration of POTNTIAL star power on IU's team. Wonder why IU got dissed in the latest prediction?
I mean if we are being honest for every preseason poll where IU isnt ranked, I can find you two where they are.

I mean if we are being honest for every preseason poll where IU isnt ranked, I can find you two where they are.

A lot of variance for all the B1G teams, Indiana included.

If you tell me Romeo Langford shoots 36%+ from 3, I think Indiana becomes a really, really good team since I think Justin Smith and Juwan Morgan are such a good frontcourt duo.

I just happen to really doubt thats going to happen, for a multitude of reasons. One, Romeo Langford has only once shot that high from 3 in high school. He obviously is not going to convert 2s at anywhere near the rate he did in hs this season in the B1G, so his 3 point % is going to become a major factor in Indianas offensive efficiency if he is, indeed, going to be as huge a part of the IU offense as predicted.

Juwan Morgan has already proven he is really good at college basketball. He will, without a doubt, be good at college basketball again. So more than anything, IU needs guys who will make open 3s off his creation. Tasking Romeo with creation when Morgan has already proved capable of it seems extremely risky.

A lot of variance for all the B1G teams, Indiana included.

If you tell me Romeo Langford shoots 36%+ from 3, I think Indiana becomes a really, really good team since I think Justin Smith and Juwan Morgan are such a good frontcourt duo.

I just happen to really doubt thats going to happen, for a multitude of reasons. One, Romeo Langford has only once shot that high from 3 in high school. He obviously is not going to convert 2s at anywhere near the rate he did in hs this season in the B1G, so his 3 point % is going to become a major factor in Indianas offensive efficiency if he is, indeed, going to be as huge a part of the IU offense as predicted.

Juwan Morgan has already proven he is really good at college basketball. He will, without a doubt, be good at college basketball again. So more than anything, IU needs guys who will make open 3s off his creation. Tasking Romeo with creation when Morgan has already proved capable of it seems extremely risky.
Yea, there's no point in getting into a Langford discussion with you again.

Yea, there's no point in getting into a Langford discussion with you again.

Agree. You did leave off Ca$$ius Winston in favor of Romeo Langford. Ca$$ius shot 49% from 3 last year with an assist rate of 43.7(43.7!!). Expecting Romeo Langford to surpass that as a freshman is a tall order bordering on delusional, in my opinion

Agree. You did leave off Ca$$ius Winston in favor of Romeo Langford. Ca$$ius shot 49% from 3 last year with an assist rate of 43.7(43.7!!). Expecting Romeo Langford to surpass that as a freshman is a tall order bordering on delusional, in my opinion
Again, you pick one stat and use that as your basis when comparing a player. Romeo will have higher PPG, FG%, Rebs, and Blocks than Winston.

Again, you pick one stat and use that as your basis when comparing a player. Romeo will have higher PPG, FG%, Rebs, and Blocks than Winston.

Ca$$ius had a True Shooting % of .681 last season. Going to go out on a limb and say theres literally 0 scenarios Romeo Langford has anywhere close to that.

I said FG%.

Langford had a career 55% FG% in high school. Ca$$ius was 51% from the field last season IN THE BIG TEN. Very unlikely Romeo has a higher fg% than Ca$$ius. Almost assuredly he wont have anywhere close to the TS% Ca$$ius will have.

If we’re talking the 5 best at the college level (I will omit freshman as they haven’t played a game yet), I’m going

Carsen
Happ
Palmer
Cowan
Winston

If we’re going best potential/prospect

Romeo
Jalen Smith
Bruno Fernando
Charles Matthews
Carsen

Langford had a career 55% FG% in high school. Ca$$ius was 51% from the field last season IN THE BIG TEN. Very unlikely Romeo has a higher fg% than Ca$$ius. Almost assuredly he wont have anywhere close to the TS% Ca$$ius will have.
On the other hand, this is just about opinions. No need to drive the point home. The games will either validate or destroy these renditions. Maybe some kid out of Minnesota or Maryland sets the BIG on fire, making our little back-and-forth meaningless.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
We shall see. I am curious though. If you are dead wrong about Romeo, MSU, and Illinois, are you going to come back here and eat crow?

Romeo won’t have a better FG% but that’s because his usage. Think Romeo will be in the 45% range from the fiend. Think Romeo will be somewhere around 5/11 from 2, 1/3 from 3, and be somewhere around 5/7 from the line for game average. I think he’ll average somewhere around 17pts/game with a modest free throw % (70%). Possibly higher if he can shoot in the 80% range.

We shall see. I am curious though. If you are dead wrong about Romeo, MSU, and Illinois, are you going to come back here and eat crow?

Its a Purdue board that Ive been posting on for years.

The question isnt whether Ill still be here in months, its will you and others who dont normally frequent this board continue coming back? Im guessing the answer to that is NO.

Its a Purdue board that Ive been posting on for years.

The question isnt whether Ill still be here in months, its will you and others who dont normally frequent this board continue coming back? Im guessing the answer to that is NO.
That didnt answer my question.

I would take Romeo over Winston every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sorry.

There is nothing wrong with you, NC Trojan, or anyone taking Romeo Langford. This is a discussion board where people give their opinions. So lets clear that up and gdt out in front of it.

But there also isnt anything wrong with me disagreeing with it. Trojan isnt a troll, and his opinions arent ridiculois just because I vehemently disagree with them. As delusional as I find them, theyre still opinions on both sides.

These are "predictions". I don't think anyone, including you, need to be all that concerned about being wrong. The penalties do not include loss of life or limb. It's all in good fun here.

Are you sure?
giphy.gif

Not who you think will be 1st team all B1G necessarily, but who do you think are the 5 very best players regardless of position?

Returning players only:

Carsen
Winston
James Palmer Jr
Happ
Jordan Murphy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT