ADVERTISEMENT

When we settled for a field goal...

When you play not to lose instead of play to win, this happens. Play calling was atrocious the fourth quarter

Reactions: tenwest
No....we had first and goal at 1h yd line...
Here’s what I remember. It was 1st and goal just inside the ten and Markell took it down to just outside the 1 yard line. The no-call on the horse collar tackle set up a 2nd and goal from there instead of a 1st and goal inside the 1, which we probably would have sneaked in with three attempts. Instead we run Jones two more times for a net loss of a yard and kick the fg. I can’t complain about the no call because with that defense we didn’t deserve to win.

Here’s what I remember. It was 1st and goal just inside the ten and Markell took it down to just outside the 1 yard line. The no-call on the horse collar tackle set up a 2nd and goal from there instead of a 1st and goal inside the 1, which we probably would have sneaked in with three attempts. Instead we run Jones two more times for a net loss of a yard and kick the fg. I can’t complain about the no call because with that defense we didn’t deserve to win.
Your right ...mmy bad,,,

Without the horse collar, Jones would have made it into the end zone - and game over. Another loss that clearly had bad ref's fingerprints all over it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT