ADVERTISEMENT

What Purdue players do IU fans hate

I would have to believe the MOST HATED BOILER by IU fans is the player who broke Scottie May's Arm in that final game of their undefeated season and ruined their chances of back to back NCAA championships.

I don't recall his name or if it was a cheap shot or not, but I have no doubt an IU fan remembers that game and the player.

I wasn’t alive in 1975 but if it was in fact a player that was responsible for May’s arm then they should definitely top the list.

For me, it’s Kramer and Barlow. I’m not really understanding the Haas responses, because he should be one of IU fans’ favorite players right now.

As far as the guy saying Davis was one of IU’s biggest disappointments, I think that’s a little premature. He saw limited playing time his freshman year due to conditioning issues and the fact that he didn’t get to campus until the day before classes started, and he tore his ACL last year.

Saw this chart posted the other day. I think it's pretty fair to say that this rivalry has been very back and forth, and even, ever since the 1940's. Honestly don't care a whole lot that Purdue dominated Indiana up to that point. I know you all like to say that Indiana gets excited about their dusty banners, so we could just look at the years 1988 and onward, where IU leads by just 1 win, 29 to 28. Pretty even, that's why it's a great rivalry.

RZABDix.png

But to answer the question, I don't know that there have been a lot of former Boilers that I specifically hated more than others. I've had others in the BIG that I hated, like Aaron Craft and Nigel Hayes. As a previous poster said, I don't particularly like Haarms. He cries and throws a tantrum about every call against him, pumps his fist after every good play, and just all-around seems very annoying.

Hey, we can let you cherry-pick your era!

Even Gene Keady kicked Knight's arse, so pick another!

Reactions: PU52Chevy
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Haarms has a lot to prove still. Bryant had a very productive freshman season - 12ppg, 6reb, 1 block, 70 fg%...

Haarms was barely half those #s last season besides blocks.
He was coming in behind Haas for most of the season. Bryant started, so you can't compare stats here fairly.

Reactions: BBG
When Haas was splitting time with Hammons he still had great freshman numbers...

I don't remember Haas being that great his freshman yr. I do however remember a time where Haas started over Hammons, because coach Painter was trying to get Hammons attention. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember. Also, I think Haarms is going to be so good for us, because he gives 100 % all the time.

Reactions: Schnelk
I wasn’t alive in 1975 but if it was in fact a player that was responsible for May’s arm then they should definitely top the list.

For me, it’s Kramer and Barlow. I’m not really understanding the Haas responses, because he should be one of IU fans’ favorite players right now.

As far as the guy saying Davis was one of IU’s biggest disappointments, I think that’s a little premature. He saw limited playing time his freshman year due to conditioning issues and the fact that he didn’t get to campus until the day before classes started, and he tore his ACL last year.

Just a minor correction. Davis tore his Achilles, not his ACL. Both are very serious injuries but I do believe the Achilles injury can have much longer effects.

As for a few Purdue players that I hated:

Chris Kramer: Tough as nails, seemed like he was there 8 years.
Lewis Jackson: Purdue buddy was really high on him in HS so I hated him out of spite lol.
DJ Byrd: He had a very punchable face. He was fun to hate.

Always liked Robbie Hummel. Felt terrible about all his injuries. He was an amazing player. I enjoy his color commentary now. I was born in '91, so I don't remember his playing days, but I love Jaraan Cornell. Used to teach basketball lessons up in Elkhart and I signed up for quite a few of those when I was a kid. He always ragged on me the most because I was an IU fan but he was a great guy and really knew his stuff. He had some awesome stories.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT