ADVERTISEMENT

What Purdue players do IU fans hate

Mandeville LA

Junior
Nov 11, 2015
i am sure there are a bunch but I will let you all chime in.

For me I want Nojel to go down as the most hated boiler by IU fans. 1) he is going to shut down their golden boy. 2) Nojel is going to be really good at getting defenses in trouble with his driving ability and size. As many free throughs as he is going to be shooting it will become automatic. 3) I just like what he brings to the team. 4) he will never play for IU.

With all the trolls over here I bet this gets shut down in a hurry, but I wanted to talk about something other than made up research about how good Tom Crean was.

Reactions: BNIBoiler

For me I want Nojel to go down as the most hated boiler by IU fans. 1) he is going to shut down their golden boy. 2) Nojel is going to be really good at getting defenses in trouble with his driving ability and size. As many free throughs as he is going to be shooting it will become automatic. 3) I just like what he brings to the team. 4) he will never play for IU.

With all the trolls over here I bet this gets shut down in a hurry, but I wanted to talk about something other than made up research about how good Tom Crean was.
Funny. Not one IU fan or any fan outside of PU would trade Eastern for Romeo. But you are just bating ppl so good luck this won’t upset anyone since it’s absurd. And FYI I think Eastern is a really good player and will be in the pros before his SR year.

Eastern will never come close to being hated, like Cardinal for example, IU fans hated him mostly because of how he played. They allowed a lot more physical play back then and he was the master. Also, Romeo has had entire teams focusing on him (double/triple team) for 4 years including AAU. He won't be rattled, just my opinion, the kid can play and I wish we had him.

Reactions: herrli and GregJM24

My guess for some is that they still hold Todd foster publicly and quietly Chad austin

If you are actually looking for honest answers.... Kramer, Haas, and Haarms lol.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
Funny. Not one IU fan or any fan outside of PU would trade Eastern for Romeo. But you are just bating ppl so good luck this won’t upset anyone since it’s absurd. And FYI I think Eastern is a really good player and will be in the pros before his SR year.
I am not baiting anyone. Langford is a great player. That’s not what the post was about. As of today, no I would not trade Nojel for him. There are a bunch of reasons but they are my reasons. Everyone has an opinion. Just like everyone has an a IU fan in the family.

Reactions: goboilers2
Being that you are 24 and show as much passion about your team as you do is respectable. Don’t take me the wrong way, the last 10 year or so have not been a great time for IU.
Agreed. My freshman year was 2012-2013 (Zeller's 2nd year), so I got sucked in haha.

Reactions: KisteK

Hey plz it’s admirab that you may think that of my son but sir plz plz don’t use my son as bait to have people saying things good or bad about my son his game will come season time will prove who he is as a player. I’ve been reading all these post about Romeo he’s a talented player that my son has played against back in 2106 USA U17 tryouts were my son was a finalist making the cut of the 18 man roster but consequently came up short not making the 12 man roster. He was there with Jarin Jackson Colin Sexton kevin Knox Gary Trent Wendell carter Troy Brown etc and played well against all of them. Romeo is a hellava player and he like many freshmen will have their freshman moments but he’ll be fine and will adjust. Got good supporting cast to help him only time will tell how season goes for him and the rest of the team. My point I’m making its obvious some have their opinions of him good or bad but those a people personal opinions only opinions matter are those of his coach his teammates his parents what they think of him and how he performs this season it’s only a few short months till season begins till he makes his college debut. The kid is no bum he has talent that will help Indiana this season this game will be a fun competitive game when Indiana and Purdue go head to head can’t wait for the outcome of that game. Just plz don’t put my son in this mess he’s been working hard all off season and all he wants to do is get ready for the season is all on his mind. 3 short months we all will no how both teams will look it and how they will do as season goes on looking forward to a fun high energy season

Hey plz it’s admirab that you may think that of my son but sir plz plz don’t use my son as bait to have people saying things good or bad about my son his game will come season time will prove who he is as a player. I’ve been reading all these post about Romeo he’s a talented player that my son has played against back in 2106 USA U17 tryouts were my son was a finalist making the cut of the 18 man roster but consequently came up short not making the 12 man roster. He was there with Jarin Jackson Colin Sexton kevin Knox Gary Trent Wendell carter Troy Brown etc and played well against all of them. Romeo is a hellava player and he like many freshmen will have their freshman moments but he’ll be fine and will adjust. Got good supporting cast to help him only time will tell how season goes for him and the rest of the team. My point I’m making its obvious some have their opinions of him good or bad but those a people personal opinions only opinions matter are those of his coach his teammates his parents what they think of him and how he performs this season it’s only a few short months till season begins till he makes his college debut. The kid is no bum he has talent that will help Indiana this season this game will be a fun competitive game when Indiana and Purdue go head to head can’t wait for the outcome of that game. Just plz don’t put my son in this mess he’s been working hard all off season and all he wants to do is get ready for the season is all on his mind. 3 short months we all will no how both teams will look it and how they will do as season goes on looking forward to a fun high energy season
My bad. You know I am a supporter. Was just trying to change the direction of the topics that are tired. That said, your son is a public figure and is going to be talked about. I know you don’t like his name coming up and I would not ether. Still hoping his name is added to the list of guys IU fans dislike or respect due to his performance.

With that being said, IU sucks!

My bad. You know I am a supporter. Was just trying to change the direction of the topics that are tired. That said, your son is a public figure and is going to be talked about. I know you don’t like his name coming up and I would not ether. Still hoping his name is added to the list of guys IU fans dislike or respect due to his performance.
Again I appreciate your opinions of him but this is toxic my son is a player who he leaves it all on the court he will be remembered for his play this season and for those who doubt his talents in 3 months he’ll show who he is.

I would have to believe the MOST HATED BOILER by IU fans is the player who broke Scottie May's Arm in that final game of their undefeated season and ruined their chances of back to back NCAA championships.

I don't recall his name or if it was a cheap shot or not, but I have no doubt an IU fan remembers that game and the player.

Reactions: herrli
I would think cardinal and Kramer are the most hated Purdue players. Not just by IU, but in general.

And I think haarms will top them all by the time he’s done.

Reactions: StickPurdue
iu fans hate the fact that we have a large margin in our win loss record against them and we just seem to keep stretching that lead out.

Reactions: Inspector100
Sorry TJ, I saw that you offered up Chad before I made my last post.
We must have a lot of youngsters in this forum. IU on Peegs went crazy when they accused Todd Foster of dancing on the IU before the cheerleaders could guard it.

Reactions: TX4GB
Kelsey Barlow with the choke.

Kramer for incident with White.
Cardinal for kicking their ass on the court with effort.
Austin for hitting shots to beat them
Haas for shutting them up as they yelled profanity at him

Future hate will be Haarms and Boogie.

I would take Boogie over Romeo any day, twice on Sunday.

F#$% IU always!

iu fans hate the fact that we have a large margin in our win loss record against them and we just seem to keep stretching that lead out.

Saw this chart posted the other day. I think it's pretty fair to say that this rivalry has been very back and forth, and even, ever since the 1940's. Honestly don't care a whole lot that Purdue dominated Indiana up to that point. I know you all like to say that Indiana gets excited about their dusty banners, so we could just look at the years 1988 and onward, where IU leads by just 1 win, 29 to 28. Pretty even, that's why it's a great rivalry.

RZABDix.png

But to answer the question, I don't know that there have been a lot of former Boilers that I specifically hated more than others. I've had others in the BIG that I hated, like Aaron Craft and Nigel Hayes. As a previous poster said, I don't particularly like Haarms. He cries and throws a tantrum about every call against him, pumps his fist after every good play, and just all-around seems very annoying.

Reactions: herrli
Silly thread. I never hated another player from any team. You should respect your opponent no matter who he is. Why waste your time and effort hating.. If they are better then you then I'll try and beat you next time..

Reactions: Heller
Silly thread. I never hated another player from any team. You should respect your opponent no matter who he is. Why waste your time and effort hating.. If they are better then you then I'll try and beat you next time..
The players do respect the other team. They too know the work and sacrifice each makes.

Reactions: KisteK
Haarms...I have to laugh at how good this guy thinks he is.
Reminds me of Thomas Bryant and how good he thought he was..

the question is fans not players.....

Players should always respect.....fans can do whatever they want and I say F$%^ IU every chance and always!

Reactions: BoiledSteel
Bryant couldn't hold Haarms's jockstrap. I still remember him crying in creams lap. He was one of the most overrated recruits in iu history, behind deron Davis

Bryant couldn't hold Haarms's jockstrap. I still remember him crying in creams lap. He was one of the most overrated recruits in iu history, behind deron Davis

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Haarms has a lot to prove still. Bryant had a very productive freshman season - 12ppg, 6reb, 1 block, 70 fg%...

Haarms was barely half those #s last season besides blocks.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Haarms has a lot to prove still. Bryant had a very productive freshman season - 12ppg, 6reb, 1 block, 70 fg%...

Haarms was barely half those #s last season besides blocks.
Well it's not like Haarms wasn't splitting time with Haas. Oh wait...

Reactions: pboiler18
Well it's not like Haarms wasn't splitting time with Haas. Oh wait...

why i said "let's not get ahead of ourselves." just seems a little early to make such a sweeping comparison of two players

Haarms will have the opportunity to prove himself this year. But I was personally disappointed in his performance when he got the start after Haas got injured.

Hate is such a strong word...Don't hate any of your players, but there was many I disliked.
Rowinski
Scheffler
Cuonzo
Foster
Porter Roberts
Austins
Craig Riley had his best game at PU, and cost us Big Championship

I never disliked Cardinal or Kramer. Almost have to root for players that give 100% every game, every possession...

Chad Austin was an IU killer. He made game-winners two consecutive seasons at Ass. Hall.
Back in the mid-90's, Woody used to sometimes watch Purdue games at Durkins in Chicago (there was actually an iu player with him sometimes, can't remember who it was) but he told me that Chad loved beating iu more than anything in the world. He'd tell Keady "if the game's on the line, I want the ball".

Reactions: TX4GB and nagemj02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT