ADVERTISEMENT

What Planet is this Idiot Living On?

Yeah because Slow Joe has really earned the benefit of the doubt, right ?

Did he “mean to say” he finished in the bottom 20% of his law school class instead of the “top half” ?
You response indicates that you misunderstood my post as if I was claiming that this statement by Biden was not a lie. I made no such claim.

This is pot meets kettle territory when it comes to Trump. Many of the things he was called for as "lies" were not lies, but you guys never consider the possibility that his words were constantly being skewed.
And many of the things he was called for as "lies" WERE lies, like, for instance "the election was stolen." It's clearly false and it's also clear Trump is saying it intentionally, because he keeps doing so repeatedly despite it being so obviously not true. But that's not relevant here. We're talking about Biden.

And, REALLY, I didn't even want to talk about that, I was just answering your question about where gas could be found for $3.39, since you seemed to indicate that, since it wasn't $3.39 at the place YOU bought gas, that meant that it wasn't $3.39 anywhere. I didn't even want to talk about Biden's statement which is why I "avoided" it (your word) in my first response.

You response indicates that you misunderstood my post as if I was claiming that this statement by Biden was not a lie. I made no such claim.
You said :
“Or he meant to say down from over $5 "at its peak" rather than "when I took office." “

Seems you were insinuating that he didn’t mean to lie.

I worked with a guy for a few years that was a pathological liar. He told outrageous tales that were impossible to have happened. He'd been doing it for so long that he actually believed he was telling the truth. I'm thinking this is the story of Joe Biden. Hairy legged life guard, Cornpop, valedictorian, football star, etc. True only in his own mind.

You said :
“Or he meant to say down from over $5 "at its peak" rather than "when I took office." “

Seems you were insinuating that he didn’t mean to lie.
You even included the word "or" in your quote of me which should be a pretty obvious indicator that I was not making a statement about what I believe happened, but rather offering an alternative possibility. If you read my posts on the subject, you'll note that I also said he may, indeed, have been lying and that "I won't purport to know which is true." I chose my words carefully to indicate that I don't have enough evidence to determine whether he lied or misspoke, but that both are possibilities.

That said, given his proclivity to misspeak and the fact that the message from the administration has been pretty consistent (outside of this one speech) in comparing current prices to their peak -- which he did, like, one sentence before the "when I came into office" line -- I think it's at least a reasonable possibility that's what happened in this case. I mean, aren’t you one of the ones insisting Biden has dementia? If he does, wouldn’t it be entirely possible for his dementia-riddled mind to say the wrong phrase by accident? Or is it that he only has dementia when he mumbles out something we can’t understand and anything he says that’s not true MUST be a lie, as long as the sentence itself is coherent?

But, again, I won't purport to know which is true.

Last edited:
And many of the things he was called for as "lies" WERE lies, like, for instance "the election was stolen." It's clearly false and it's also clear Trump is saying it intentionally, because he keeps doing so repeatedly despite it being so obviously not true. But that's not relevant here. We're talking about Biden.
LOL sure. I have no doubt he's lied. Everyone has. That doesn't take away that the majority of the time he was taken out of context. Biden has flat face lied way more than Trump ever did.

And, REALLY, I didn't even want to talk about that, I was just answering your question about where gas could be found for $3.39, since you seemed to indicate that, since it wasn't $3.39 at the place YOU bought gas, that meant that it wasn't $3.39 anywhere. I didn't even want to talk about Biden's statement which is why I "avoided" it (your word) in my first response.
Bringing this up again? Didn't we squash this? No? You have to try and one up me? (even though this doesn't in any way)

Cool!

What's the phrase you guys use? Oh yes. "They're all liars." So I don't care if he lies about gas prices, while some of you don't seem to care if someone lies about, I dunno, election integrity.

Did Trump ever make this statement?
A hallmark of his 2020 campaign was his promise to always be a straight-shooter. At the outset of the pandemic, candidate Biden said,

“I’ll always tell you the truth. This is the responsibility of a president. That’s what is owed the American people.”

Last edited:
And many of the things he was called for as "lies" WERE lies, like, for instance "the election was stolen." It's clearly false and
Based on the statement by the anti-Trump Zuckerberg and the other evidence of laptop story blackout, since acknowledged by the regime media, it is not "clearly false" but likely true.

I think your Droid rage is blinding you here.

LOL sure. I have no doubt he's lied. Everyone has. That doesn't take away that the majority of the time he was taken out of context. Biden has flat face lied way more than Trump ever did.
You would need to provide some data to verify your claim that the “majority” of things that Trump said that were identified as lies were actually just taken out of context. I don’t think bringing up “very fine people” again is going to be sufficient. But, again, this thread isn’t about Trump’s lies. If I could just get one person to acknowledge that the possibility exists that this statement by Biden could’ve been an error rather than a lie (or to provide the evidence that proves it was intentionally false in order to confirm it was, in fact, a lie), I’ll die happy.
Bringing this up again? Didn't we squash this? No? You have to try and one up me? (even though this doesn't in any way)
We didn’t really quash (not squash) it, because you never actually explained what you meant. But, you don’t need to, I just brought it up again because that statement by you was so ridiculous that it’s entertaining to me to mention it again.

You even included the word "or" in your quote of me which should be a pretty obvious indicator that I was not making a statement about what I believe happened, but rather offering an alternative possibility. If you read my posts on the subject, you'll note that I also said he may, indeed, have been lying and that "I won't purport to know which is true." I chose my words carefully to indicate that I don't have enough evidence to determine whether he lied or misspoke, but that both are possibilities.

That said, given his proclivity to misspeak and the fact that the message from the administration has been pretty consistent (outside of this one speech) in comparing current prices to their peak -- which he did, like, one sentence before the "when I came into office" line -- I think it's at least a reasonable possibility that's what happened in this case. I mean, aren’t you one of the ones insisting Biden has dementia? If he does, wouldn’t it be entirely possible for his dementia-riddled mind to say the wrong phrase by accident? Or is it that he only has dementia when he mumbles out something we can’t understand and anything he says that’s not true MUST be a lie, as long as the sentence itself is coherent?

So even though he has a long history of lying, you are giving him the benefit of the doubt that he might have “meant to say” something else. Got it.

So even though he has a long history of lying, you are giving him the benefit of the doubt that he might have “meant to say” something else. Got it.
So even though he has a long history of misspeaking, you’ve decided, in this case, that’s not a possibility and he was intentionally making a false statement. See? I can do that, too.

For probably the third time, I’m not making the claim that this is an incidence of misspeaking, I’m simply acknowledging the POSSIBILITY that it was. I have not made up my mind because I don’t have evidence to confirm either candidate explanation. You’ve made up your mind that there is only ONE candidate explanation because that explanation is the one you think makes him look worse. So, I guess if you’re ok not being a rational thinker, then more power to ya.

I’m not asking you or anyone else to say “it wasn’t a lie.” I’m asking you to agree that we currently don’t know if it was a lie or an error. So, what’s it gonna be, you going to continue to accept your explanation even without sufficient evidence or are you going to be rational and acknowledge that sufficient evidence doesn’t exist to reasonably believe either explanation?

So even though he has a long history of misspeaking, you’ve decided, in this case, that’s not a possibility and he was intentionally making a false statement. See? I can do that, too.

For probably the third time, I’m not making the claim that this is an incidence of misspeaking, I’m simply acknowledging the POSSIBILITY that it was. I have not made up my mind because I don’t have evidence to confirm either candidate explanation. You’ve made up your mind that there is only ONE candidate explanation because that explanation is the one you think makes him look worse. So, I guess if you’re ok not being a rational thinker, then more power to ya.

I’m not asking you or anyone else to say “it wasn’t a lie.” I’m asking you to agree that we currently don’t know if it was a lie or an error. So, what’s it gonna be, you going to continue to accept your explanation even without sufficient evidence or are you going to be rational and acknowledge that sufficient evidence doesn’t exist to reasonably believe either explanation?
Mispeaking = saying something that’s not true = lying.

Biden is either a liar, or his brain is unable to tell his mouth what to say. Which is it?

Mispeaking = saying something that’s not true = lying.
That’s not the definition of lying, so I think we’ve found our problem.
Biden is either a liar, or his brain is unable to tell his mouth what to say. Which is it?
Wait, so you DO acknowledge there are two possibilities? That’s what I’ve been saying all along. And to the “which is it” question, I’ve also answered that several times. But, I’ll do it again: I don’t know. Neither do you, unless you’ve got information that I don’t, in which case, please share.

Last edited:

You have got to be freaking kidding. Omg. Taken out of context most of the time?

That’s not the definition of lying, so I think we’ve found our problem.

Wait, so you DO acknowledge there are two possibilities? That’s what I’ve been saying all along. And to the “which is it” question, I’ve also answered that several times. But, I’ll do it again: I don’t know. Neither do you, unless you’ve got information that I don’t, in which case, please share.
So if he wasn’t lying, you admit that his brain is unable to tell his mouth what to say?

I worked with a guy for a few years that was a pathological liar. He told outrageous tales that were impossible to have happened. He'd been doing it for so long that he actually believed he was telling the truth. I'm thinking this is the story of Joe Biden. Hairy legged life guard, Cornpop, valedictorian, football star, etc. True only in his own mind.
Biden is a life-long pol who's never had a real job a day in his life. He doesn't have to prove anything he says, he just needs people to believe him. He believes his constituency is stupid and will believe almost anything he says without consequence.
Therefore, he just throws stuff out there because he knows his base won't care, won't research his claims, but will defend him when he's factually wrong.

Biden is a life-long pol who's never had a real job a day in his life. He doesn't have to prove anything he says, he just needs people to believe him. He believes his constituency is stupid and will believe almost anything he says without consequence.
Therefore, he just throws stuff out there because he knows his base won't care, won't research his claims, but will defend him when he's factually wrong.
Yeah but he doesn’t lie. He just “misspeaks”.

So if he wasn’t lying, you admit that his brain is unable to tell his mouth what to say?
No, because that would be accepting a conclusion with insufficient evidence. I know he made a statement that was false. I don't have sufficient evidence to reach a conclusion as to why he did so.

No, because that would be accepting a conclusion with insufficient evidence. I know he made a statement that was false. I don't have sufficient evidence to reach a conclusion as to why he did so.
Was he lying when he bragged about finishing in the top half of his law school class at Syracuse?

You would need to provide some data to verify your claim that the “majority” of things that Trump said that were identified as lies were actually just taken out of context. I don’t think bringing up “very fine people” again is going to be sufficient. But, again, this thread isn’t about Trump’s lies. If I could just get one person to acknowledge that the possibility exists that this statement by Biden could’ve been an error rather than a lie (or to provide the evidence that proves it was intentionally false in order to confirm it was, in fact, a lie), I’ll die happy.
Again, pot meet kettle.
We didn’t really quash (not squash) it, because you never actually explained what you meant. But, you don’t need to, I just brought it up again because that statement by you was so ridiculous that it’s entertaining to me to mention it again.
Whatever dude. No need to get high and mighty. I was merely making the point that it's really F'ing high in many places and it would be nice for it not to be.

He told the big lie about his son dying in Iraq again. Ok, maybe it's not a lie if he believes it, but to the rest of us it is a big fat juicy lie.

Reactions: BSIT
Here's what I found on it: https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/fact-check-biden-gas-prices/index.html

Looks like the HIGH in June was $5.00, but the mode when he took office was like $2.39 and now it's like $3.49 or so.

Dumb stuff to say either way because even if it was factual, it's still a misleading and meaningless number.
Im not sure how someone would even calculate “most common” gas price? Wouldn’t you have to know pricing from all the gas stations in America?

Reactions: gr8indoorsman

Biden lying again. Or just misremembering the 4 years he spent at a historically black college?

Here's what I found on it: https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/fact-check-biden-gas-prices/index.html

Looks like the HIGH in June was $5.00, but the mode when he took office was like $2.39 and now it's like $3.49 or so.

Dumb stuff to say either way because even if it was factual, it's still a misleading and meaningless number.
The lie was that he was implying that the price of gas now is less than the price of gas, when he took office, no matter what means you use to determine the price of gas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT