ADVERTISEMENT

What an idiot and jerk

You said it. Anyone can post stuff online or have opinions on YouTube. Doesn't mean we have to respect the opinion or the person giving it. Haven't even heard this guy's name in years and couldn't tell you what he's ever done in the world of sports to make his opinion of any value.

You said it. Anyone can post stuff online or have opinions on YouTube. Doesn't mean we have to respect the opinion or the person giving it. Haven't even heard this guy's name in years and couldn't tell you what he's ever done in the world of sports to make his opinion of any value.
The definition of just a talking head. Never liked him.

Reactions: RossMackey
He is of the same timeframe of Tony Kormheiser, skip Bayless, Jim Rome and Steven Smith. He said something about LeBron and Cleveland once. He’s out of Miami and is to sports radio what Rush Limbaugh was to conservatives! Like Limbaugh and Rome, many people love his takes. And like Limbaugh, he doesn’t try to be truthful or factual. Pat MCaffey is the same way! Many people now actually believe he is telling the truth. His show is just pure speculation , but people still watch his show and believe him to be true. There is another guy who does rallies and has his own Internet forum/platform and many people believe his lies too! Ok, let’s all give the billionaire money because he doesn’t want to use his money to pay his bills!

Basically he’s trying his best to create ratings, generate publicity for the tourney and get people talking about Edey. He’s a champion of click bait. Sure, you’re offended, but 99% of his audience are not Purdue fans and thoughts his jokes were funny.

Like they say, the jokes are funny until they are about you. Jim Rome is the same way. To understand Rome you have to listen to him for awhile.

It’s the same way for Keith Olbermann - that guy who was an ESPN anchor then was on CNN. Then became a news anchor and is now on MSNBC. Doing news . some people love him while others hate him.

It’s the same as Carlson, Hannity and Heraldo Rivera.

Labatard’s job is to generate publicity for the NCAA tournament and increase ESPN ratings. He’s doing exactly what he’s being paid to do. Look at all the discussion he’s creating here. You’ll probably all watch his next show just to argue with him and tell him he’s wrong. And basically that’s what he wants! To stir the pot and generate publicity.

Labatard’s job is to generate publicity for the NCAA tournament and increase ESPN ratings. He’s doing exactly what he’s being paid to do. Look at all the discussion he’s creating here. You’ll probably all watch his next show just to argue with him and tell him he’s wrong. And basically that’s what he wants! To stir the pot and generate publicity.
I'll leave all of your ignorant politics out of it and let you know that he doesn't work for ESPN.

It’s the same way for Keith Olbermann - that guy who was an ESPN anchor then was on CNN. Then became a news anchor and is now on MSNBC. Doing news . some people love him while others hate him.

I'll leave all of your ignorant politics out of it and let you know that he doesn't work for ESPN.
Don’t tell him that Olbermann’s “Countdown to No Ratings” got canceled in 2011…

• Haha
Reactions: Professor Emeritus
I honestly didn't know that he didn't work for ESPN anymore. Last I heard him was on ESPN radio about 8 years ago. Can't say I've missed him.

Politics aside, wol is right. He did this for the clicks and everyone obliged.

I thought everything today involved politics! And ESPN owned everything! And Rodgers was told what to say before he said it! It was scripted just like the WWE. And it was funny to most people until Karen complained about it and they said it wasn’t politically correct so Rodgers couldn’t be on his show anymore!

Isn’t that the entire point of what lebatard said and what this thread is all about?

He’s being paid to publicize stuff and generate arguments to create interest. Edey may be a household name on this board. But you would be shocked at how little others who are not Boilermaker fans know about him despite him being the player of the year.

I challenge each of you that argue and doubt me to go to your local Walmart and ask 59 people who was one of the 5 all American basketball players. I doubt if you go to the west Lafayette Walmart, they would know anybody besides Edey, if you lived in Florida, I doubt anybody would really know anything about Edey other than he’s really tall.

I just told you what this guy was trying to do and what he’s all about. When Rush first started his radio show , it was not about politics. However, politics eventually took over the theme of his show. His show was amusing before it became political. Keith obermann was once one of the most intelligent sportscasters until he started including politics as part of his sports casts.

The media used to be a much better place until everything had a political twist to it. And you critisize me for including a political slant to my reply? Isn’t that what we are supposed to be like today? How many songs are we going to play before the tip off? It used to be just one.

This is a Purdue sports forum site! So why do we have a political forum as part of it? Can someone answer that for me? Do we really need a political forum as part of a sports related site? I guess when posters here are not arguing about Purdue sports and calling other posters names, they feel the need to argue about politics rather than go to a political related site? When I google Purdue sports I didn’t realize google would take me to a site that has political discussions!

And you critisize me? I was just trying to fit in with the rest of you who love to argue about politics! I’m just providing you a mirror!

Dan Le batard did his job. He got people talking about Edey and also increased viewership to his podcast . He knew exactly what he was doing and how many people would share his words! His readership probably doubled!

Can Jim Rome be far behind? Don’t Hannity and Carlson do the exact same thing? I’m not talking politics! I didn’t express one political viewpoint! What I’m talking about is modern marketing and journalism!

Argue with me all you want. It creates views and longer threads and more hits! Maybe I’m being paid to stir the pot and make posters her so mad at me that they will open this thread and then return tommorow to read the following comments! Drawing attention to myself? Or drawing attention to this website?

Click click click click. It’s all about the clicks.

Click click click

Without clicks there would be no site! Keep the clicks coming! That’s what the advertisers and rivals wants.

I thought everything today involved politics! And ESPN owned everything! And Rodgers was told what to say before he said it! It was scripted just like the WWE. And it was funny to most people until Karen complained about it and they said it wasn’t politically correct so Rodgers couldn’t be on his show anymore!

Isn’t that the entire point of what lebatard said and what this thread is all about?

He’s being paid to publicize stuff and generate arguments to create interest. Edey may be a household name on this board. But you would be shocked at how little others who are not Boilermaker fans know about him despite him being the player of the year.

I challenge each of you that argue and doubt me to go to your local Walmart and ask 59 people who was one of the 5 all American basketball players. I doubt if you go to the west Lafayette Walmart, they would know anybody besides Edey, if you lived in Florida, I doubt anybody would really know anything about Edey other than he’s really tall.

I just told you what this guy was trying to do and what he’s all about. When Rush first started his radio show , it was not about politics. However, politics eventually took over the theme of his show. His show was amusing before it became political. Keith obermann was once one of the most intelligent sportscasters until he started including politics as part of his sports casts.

The media used to be a much better place until everything had a political twist to it. And you critisize me for including a political slant to my reply? Isn’t that what we are supposed to be like today? How many songs are we going to play before the tip off? It used to be just one.

This is a Purdue sports forum site! So why do we have a political forum as part of it? Can someone answer that for me? Do we really need a political forum as part of a sports related site? I guess when posters here are not arguing about Purdue sports and calling other posters names, they feel the need to argue about politics rather than go to a political related site? When I google Purdue sports I didn’t realize google would take me to a site that has political discussions!

And you critisize me? I was just trying to fit in with the rest of you who love to argue about politics! I’m just providing you a mirror!

Dan Le batard did his job. He got people talking about Edey and also increased viewership to his podcast . He knew exactly what he was doing and how many people would share his words! His readership probably doubled!

Can Jim Rome be far behind? Don’t Hannity and Carlson do the exact same thing? I’m not talking politics! I didn’t express one political viewpoint! What I’m talking about is modern marketing and journalism!

Argue with me all you want. It creates views and longer threads and more hits! Maybe I’m being paid to stir the pot and make posters her so mad at me that they will open this thread and then return tommorow to read the following comments! Drawing attention to myself? Or drawing attention to this website?

Click click click

Without clicks there would be no site! Keep the clicks coming! That’s what the advertisers and rivals wants.
We have a political forum on this board? Yikes, I'm glad I never found it. My politics don't work well in Indiana anymore. ;-)

Click click click

What the holy hell…

Reactions: Schnelk
With YouTube, podcast, sports shows, etc. anyone can be a media personality.

I don't know who this guy is, but this guy is an idiot and jerk.

I wonder how this effects the team? From Zach, to the rest of the players and the coaches. Being called a 'plague' could really motivate a team to focus and win.

Why share the video? Why even give it energy?
For exactly the reason that was posted right below your reply. I hope this stupid opinion gives the team and the fans motivation to prove wrong to the doubters of what people think of our team in the Tournament. I hope the plague takes a hold of this tournament this year.

Reactions: TMA62
For exactly the reason that was posted right below your reply. I hope this stupid opinion gives the team and the fans motivation to prove wrong to the doubters of what people think of our team in the Tournament. I hope the plague takes a hold of this tournament this year.
I hear you, but I couldn't care less about what Le Batard has to say, and I hope they don't need some talking head's opinion as motivation.

What I got out of it is, he’s a heightist - he just hates tall people on the court. Not just Edey either - Wemby, Yao, anyone with a stature like that. He must’ve hated the NBA when he was growing up, even though he said Edey would have been drafted over Jordan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT