ADVERTISEMENT

Well, we made our free throws ...

20/20 - third best in school history, as they've done 25/25 twice. Ironically today, as it still led to a loss.....however, silver lining is they've showed proficiency again.

Reactions: tjreese
Yes - Purdue didn't play up to their capabilities, but some of that was Ohio State....they played pretty well and disciplined, IMO Certainly would have won a few more of their earlier conference games with the way they played today.
I dunno man. I can buy into losing at NW and Neb. Very good teams who played well. Heck NW almost beat us at home.

I don't think I saw anything today that said boy OSU is a good team. They certainly played hard. Harder than we did judging by the loose balls and rebounds.

They were competent. We were not.

Yes - Purdue didn't play up to their capabilities, but some of that was Ohio State....they played pretty well and disciplined, IMO Certainly would have won a few more of their earlier conference games with the way they played today.
It seems as though a team doesn't play well, but with talent and it is assumed that the better team just rolls...which is what happens most the time, but that is most not all. OSU was sharp and Purdue wasn't. OSU has talent and always have and I think maybe Purdue has got the last 3 or 4 wins on their court in games that might have went either way towards the end. A road game is tough and especially tough when when you are number 2 by the voters and #1 by the computer. Look at Domask and Lance both SIU players. SIU wasn't a powerhouse, but apparently those two have shown they can play. Lot of talented players especially if the have a good game.

Maybe we should miss more. Put us out of rhythm.

Don't worry, Coach. This board can solve all your late-season woes.

Reactions: tjreese
Unbelievable today, TJ with the bunnies. Purdue definitely needed the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch today.
ya know when you see the slapping at the ball not getting called and you witness sooooooo many point blank misses either the team is not focused at all or that slapping is going on with some of those shots, but then we saw Ethan's hair on his arm brush Battle's hair on his arm for a foul and you may be in a road game. That said, you have to win no matter who is calling the game because those first few rounds in the tourney most likely have some refs that haven't worked together...and may not be very good together.

I dunno man. I can buy into losing at NW and Neb. Very good teams who played well. Heck NW almost beat us at home.

I don't think I saw anything today that said boy OSU is a good team. They certainly played hard. Harder than we did judging by the loose balls and rebounds.

They were competent. We were not.

I hear you - they played well today.....doesn't mean they're a better team or even good team - think they'll probably make the NIT if they win a few more. It mainly shows that if the Boilers aren't at their best, they can get beat, especially on the road.

The Buckeyes executed their game plan, and Purdue did not really force them into being uncomfortable - except for that one stretch where they got back in the game and had a shot if not for some questionable decisions. Going back, Purdue really lost this game in the last 6 minutes of the first half.

Maybe we should miss more. Put us out of rhythm.

Don't worry, Coach. This board can solve all your late-season woes.
Problem is the coach would have to be Schizophrenic if he took in all the problems over a season to reason in his mind that they would all work. Too many opinions to know which path to take...and it may make all the difference...compliments to Frost

I hear you - they played well today.....doesn't mean they're a better team or even good team - think they'll probably make the NIT if they win a few more. It mainly shows that if the Boilers aren't at their best, they can get beat, especially on the road.

The Buckeyes executed their game plan, and Purdue did not really force them into being uncomfortable - except for that one stretch where they got back in the game and had a shot if not for some questionable decisions. Going back, Purdue really lost this game in the last 6 minutes of the first half.
and again in the last 5 or so when they could have pulled it out with better execution

It seems as though a team doesn't play well, but with talent and it is assumed that the better team just rolls...which is what happens most the time, but that is most not all. OSU was sharp and Purdue wasn't. OSU has talent and always have and I think maybe Purdue has got the last 3 or 4 wins on their court in games that might have went either way towards the end. A road game is tough and especially tough when when you are number 2 by the voters and #1 by the computer. Look at Domask and Lance both SIU players. SIU wasn't a powerhouse, but apparently those two have shown they can play. Lot of talented players especially if the have a good game.
just caught this moments ago. Interesting take ;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT