ADVERTISEMENT

Was the 2021-22 Basketball Year a Success??

You're new. This is a very long debate on here. It isn't about just the St Peters game. Stick around long enough and you'll see how this goes. Some say CMP knows everything and he doesn't believe in the effectiveness of zone. Then there are some of us (me included) that would love to see it in the bag of options. No one is suggesting it's a magic bullet. What I would suggest is people watch more than just the B1G and you'll see how effective switching defenses can be. Coach K and Bill Self are just 2 examples of very successful coaches that love to play man to man. But they both also have zones to go to when needed.
You have to be ready to adepth in the tournament games are played different and called different on the college level.Speed,quickness don’t change slow don’t help you get over the hump

Yes, final top 10 ranking and made it to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament
with a team that always had some serious flaws.

This team had a bunch of high-character individuals, because that is Painter's recruiting philosophy. But they were young (i.e., immature) and full of so much confidence that they thought they could outscore every team by simply overpowering them on offense. Painter repeatedly talked about turnovers and defense. If the players had bought into valuing the basketball and playing team defense, no one would be asking these questions. I think the coaches and players would agree.

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT