ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson

The Rivals rating service and rankings are skewed to kids that show out at summer camps . Only a select few are actually invited. I will be surprised if either C Williams or Z Zimos ever end up at PU. On the other hand Chase Triplett is a diamond in the rough who now weighs 230 LBS and is 6'3 and has always dreamed of being a boiler.He will end up being a 3*---Don't discount local guys who actually cherish the offer and want to be here, despite lowball rankings....

The Rivals rating service and rankings are skewed to kids that show out at summer camps . Only a select few are actually invited. I will be surprised if either C Williams or Z Zimos ever end up at PU. On the other hand Chase Triplett is a diamond in the rough who now weighs 230 LBS and is 6'3 and has always dreamed of being a boiler.He will end up being a 3*---Don't discount local guys who actually cherish the offer and want to be here, despite lowball rankings....
Dustin Keller

Find it hard to believe that 2 star LB would get trimmed regardless of who we get considering how quick we took his commitment. You don't trim someone you take super early in the cycle. I'd assume they really like him, regardless of stars.

They trimmed people last year. Kids have to continue to develop otherwise the staff moves on.

I have a gut feeling that the elite recruits we are after will base their decisions on the first 5 games. Following the Neb game on 9/29 we have a bye week. If we are lucky to be 4-1 or 5-0, expect maybe 3 or even 4 guys to commit that week ? or maybe even somebody flip?

Bet on 3-2, maybe 2-3. Only emu and week 5 are likely wins

Shit I thought Minnesota was weak 5... yeah we could easily be 1-4/2-3. I wouldn’t bet much better than 3-2 on the high end. 4-1.... we’d have to be playing out of our minds
4 straight home games and you see Purdue starting out 1-4 or 2-3? We can beat NW, especially if Thorson isn't ready to go. We play BC, not Clemson. We play Mizzou, not Alabama. I just don't understand the mentality of some of the "fans" on here. We don't have Hazell as our head coach anymore. Danny Hope is not roaming the sidelines.

Our offense will be markedly improved this year and our defense will not be quite as good as last season, but it will still be quite good by Purdue standards, at least since the Tiller days. I see our ppg increasing into the 32-33 range on offense and the defense also increasing into the 25 ppg range from 20 last season.

This coaching staff is among the best collection of talent the program has ever had. Brohm will be more aggressive this season on offense and will sling the ball around more. We will see calls that were not even on the radar last season. Sindelar will have an excellent season and his production will increase significantly.

4 straight home games and you see Purdue starting out 1-4 or 2-3? We can beat NW, especially if Thorson isn't ready to go. We play BC, not Clemson. We play Mizzou, not Alabama. I just don't understand the mentality of some of the "fans" on here. We don't have Hazell as our head coach anymore. Danny Hope is not roaming the sidelines.

Our offense will be markedly improved this year and our defense will not be quite as good as last season, but it will still be quite good by Purdue standards, at least since the Tiller days. I see our ppg increasing into the 32-33 range on offense and the defense also increasing into the 25 ppg range from 20 last season.

This coaching staff is among the best collection of talent the program has ever had. Brohm will be more aggressive this season on offense and will sling the ball around more. We will see calls that were not even on the radar last season. Sindelar will have an excellent season and his production will increase significantly.
Preach it brother. 4-1 start should be our expectation.

I'm rubbing my rabbits foot and budda belly among other objects in effort to start out 4-1 because the back half of schedule w/OSU, MSU, UW and games at TCF (where we have never won) and IU will be tough..

Yes! The first half of the schedule is very important and I would say the Northwestern game is one of the two most important games of the season as they are one of the teams Purdue is trying to get around in the B1G pecking order.

Reactions: Gary Boiler

Not who we play sweetheart it’s when we play them

I'm rubbing my rabbits foot and budda belly among other objects in effort to start out 4-1 because the back half of schedule w/OSU, MSU, UW and games at TCF (where we have never won) and IU will be tough..
Prayers to St. Joseph won’t hurt - that’s real magic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT