ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson

An article earlier this month said he ran the 40 in 4.22. Now that is some speed! I think he would be awesome in our offense, but it sounds like we may have to wait a few months to find out. I hope we get him. I would love to see any of or all of Wright, Bell, Robinson come to Purdue.

Really like that Purdue is going head to head in recruiting with Alabama & Michigan among many others. In Brohm's offense, there are enough footballs to go around to playmakers like Wandale Robinson. Passing and running combinations would give defenses fits and keep them on their heels with a guy like Wandale.
Hope that Coach Brohm & Coach JaMarcus Shepard can land him. He would literally be the Cherry on top of the Sundae so to speak. Many will say that would be Karlaftis. I think of GK as the hot fudge binding the Sundae together with all the ingredients. A sweet class for sure. :)

Really like that Purdue is going head to head in recruiting with Alabama & Michigan among many others. In Brohm's offense, there are enough footballs to go around to playmakers like Wandale Robinson. Passing and running combinations would give defenses fits and keep them on their heels with a guy like Wandale.
Hope that Coach Brohm & Coach JaMarcus Shepard can land him. He would literally be the Cherry on top of the Sundae so to speak. Many will say that would be Karlaftis. I think of GK as the hot fudge binding the Sundae together with all the ingredients. A sweet class for sure. :)
In a recent interview, Robinson did say that the offense is essentially built for a player like him. If he thinks that, it is because the staff has done a good job of telling him and explaining that to him.

Reactions: 72Boiler
I have a gut feeling that the elite recruits we are after will base their decisions on the first 5 games. Following the Neb game on 9/29 we have a bye week. If we are lucky to be 4-1 or 5-0, expect maybe 3 or even 4 guys to commit that week ? or maybe even somebody flip?

Last edited:
Reactions: 72Boiler
I have a gut feeling that the elite recruits we are after will base their decisions on the first 5 games. Following the Neb game on 9/29 we have a bye week. If we are lucky to be 4-1 or 5-0, expect maybe all 3 or even 4 guys to commit that week ? or maybe even somebody flip?

The counter argument to starting off 4-1, 5-0 is that CJB's name will be associated with a lot more rumors of taking another head coaching job. Personally, I don't see how or why he would leave. His '19 class is set up to be the best class he has ever had. His son absolutely loves Purdue.

To counter my own argument. If CJB starts 4-1,5-0 with this roster (paired up with his current '19 class) the man deserves a massive raise and have to get the buyout almost doubled. Once that buyout reaches 7-8 million, keeping him is even easier. Purdue is going to have to commit to him big time if they want to keep him. No way he can be allowed to walk away with the current class being as good as it is now with a chance of getting even better. And CJB will have earned every penny. He should be a top 5 paid coach in the Big without question, and his staff should be paid as such as well. Have to keep this class intact and have to keep the staff.

Reactions: PurduePeteBsie87
Why would Brohm want to leave. Going to another school that is a traditional football power would just place him in a long list of other coaches there. However, at Purdue he can build the program as a national powerhouse largely on his own initiative and be recognized for it. It could be kind of like a former Purdue basketball player being forever associated with UCLA basketball coaching, Wooden.

Oh, when it comes to evaluating players and how to use them, he is more than excellent. Imagine what he would do with players of the caliber of Wandale Robinson!!!!

Last edited:
man, after watching his highlights, we really need this kid. The way he cuts on the move reminds me of Saquon Barkely. Hope like hell we get him, jump on board Wandale you would excell w/ this O.
I agree. In fact, I've got a strong feeling we will get committments from both Wandale Robinson, and Milton Wright; making at least 5 4*'s. And we might still get David Bell, but I'm not real sure. Add in JJ Weaver, at WDE, Zach Zimos, at OLB, and Steven Faucheux and Jacob Bandes, both DT's; and we have one good recruiting class for 2019. You know that would make 6 more 4*s, and a total of 9 4*s, for this class. I'm excited.

Why would Brohm want to leave. Going to another school that is a traditional football power would just place him in a long list of other coaches there. However, at Purdue he can build the program as a national powerhouse largely on his own initiative and be recognized for it. It could be kind of like a former Purdue basketball player being forever associated with UCLA basketball coaching, Wooden.

Indeed.

There is no doubt that college coaches have significant egos. There are those who want to feed those egos by getting hired by big name programs - to have a shot at continuing the winning legacy. However, there are risks associated with that goal - will the coach be the next Nick Saban at Alabama, or the next Gerry Faust at Notre Dame? Just because you land the Big Gig, doesn't mean you will leave a successful legacy. And in fact, you could be run out of Dodge simply by not living up to the enormous expectations of the fan bases at those big programs - see Frank Solich & Bo Pelini of Nebraska, or Philip Fulmer of Tennessee. In those humiliating cases, the future often only holds opportunities at smaller programs, or as anonymous assistants in the pros.

On the other hand, there is another way to feed that ego - namely take a program that has had little notoriety over the years and build it into a national powerhouse. And if successful, the coach could be the Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, or Bo Schembechler at that school, the one program-defining coach all successive coaches would be measured against. And the downside risks? Not many. If the coach only modestly improves the program, they can often move to other, similar programs for another shot - e.g. Tyrone Willingham, Dennis Green, the late Bill Dooley, or Mack Brown. There are plenty of others.

I think Jeff Brohm is of the latter persuasion. I think he wants to build and leave a lasting legacy, rather than merely move up to and join the Big Boys' Club. Nothing I have seen from him suggests he wants to be a member of a pre-established winners club. Brohm appears to me to be an iconoclast - he goes his own way - and is more interested in achieving the rarefied air of a program builder than a mere program manager.

JMHOAU

Robinson and Weaver are very close, and both obviously outstanding young men on the field. Would be amazing to have both of them.

Both coordinators would be thrilled.

Just from a slot perspective Purdue would nearly uncoverable with Moore and Robinson.

Defensively Weaver, George, Hunter and Kpaka would be a nightmare for quarterbacks.

Indeed.

There is no doubt that college coaches have significant egos. There are those who want to feed those egos by getting hired by big name programs - to have a shot at continuing the winning legacy. However, there are risks associated with that goal - will the coach be the next Nick Saban at Alabama, or the next Gerry Faust at Notre Dame? Just because you land the Big Gig, doesn't mean you will leave a successful legacy. And in fact, you could be run out of Dodge simply by not living up to the enormous expectations of the fan bases at those big programs - see Frank Solich & Bo Pelini of Nebraska, or Philip Fulmer of Tennessee. In those humiliating cases, the future often only holds opportunities at smaller programs, or as anonymous assistants in the pros.

On the other hand, there is another way to feed that ego - namely take a program that has had little notoriety over the years and build it into a national powerhouse. And if successful, the coach could be the Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, or Bo Schembechler at that school, the one program-defining coach all successive coaches would be measured against. And the downside risks? Not many. If the coach only modestly improves the program, they can often move to other, similar programs for another shot - e.g. Tyrone Willingham, Dennis Green, the late Bill Dooley, or Mack Brown. There are plenty of others.

I think Jeff Brohm is of the latter persuasion. I think he wants to build and leave a lasting legacy, rather than merely move up to and join the Big Boys' Club. Nothing I have seen from him suggests he wants to be a member of a pre-established winners club. Brohm appears to me to be an iconoclast - he goes his own way - and is more interested in achieving the rarefied air of a program builder than a mere program manager.

JMHOAU
Agree with your write up. Think of Barry Alvarez at Wisconsin. Stay with the same program and think Brett Bielema who wants to chase a Natl Championship and more money at Arkansas and where is he now? Fired!
Where is Coach Alvarez? Head Athletic Director at UW and running fine programs of Football, B-ball and Hockey among other programs. He is nearly a King in Madison. Oh, and his protege,Paul Chryst , is not an ego maniac and is getting results as well.

Reactions: Mullah
man, after watching his highlights, we really need this kid. The way he cuts on the move reminds me of Saquon Barkely. Hope like hell we get him, jump on board Wandale you would excell w/ this O.

Wandale will be a STAR (on the national level) in a Purdue uniform.

I agree. In fact, I've got a strong feeling we will get committments from both Wandale Robinson, and Milton Wright; making at least 5 4*'s. And we might still get David Bell, but I'm not real sure. Add in JJ Weaver, at WDE, Zach Zimos, at OLB, and Steven Faucheux and Jacob Bandes, both DT's; and we have one good recruiting class for 2019. You know that would make 6 more 4*s, and a total of 9 4*s, for this class. I'm excited.
Cameron Williams at LB

Cameron Williams at LB
Yes, I agree. And we are still short of LB recruits, IMO. Even though we have 3 LB 2019 commits in Crishawn Long, Khali Saunders, and Chase Triplett. I still think that LB is one of those positions (like the WR) that it is very good to have some depth in. Especially when you go to the nickel D, at crunch time, in the fourth quarter, for example.

Yes, I agree. And we are still short of LB recruits, IMO. Even though we have 3 LB 2019 commits in Crishawn Long, Khali Saunders, and Chase Triplett. I still think that LB is one of those positions (like the WR) that it is very good to have some depth in. Especially when you go to the nickel D, at crunch time, in the fourth quarter, for example.
Any chance one of the guys recruited for DE will be an inside LB?

Possible, although ive never been the biggest fan of that conversion.

Hunter has the speed and size to convert. Rice has the speed and size to convert. Grant has the frame and ability to convert (but coach said he was absolutely staying at Safety). Wright has the size an ability to convert, but will likely stay at WR. The current commits all have potential but will need to improve their size. Saunders is the most intriguing to me. The problem is, as it stands I don't see any of the current commits contributing as a true freshman at the LB position. Cam Williams and Zimos have the size to contribute early. I do love all the versatility of the '19 class, but linebacker and Dline will be the biggest question marks of this year and next year. May see a few position changes to adapt.

Hunter has the speed and size to convert. Rice has the speed and size to convert. Grant has the frame and ability to convert (but coach said he was absolutely staying at Safety). Wright has the size an ability to convert, but will likely stay at WR. The current commits all have potential but will need to improve their size. Saunders is the most intriguing to me. The problem is, as it stands I don't see any of the current commits contributing as a true freshman at the LB position. Cam Williams and Zimos have the size to contribute early. I do love all the versatility of the '19 class, but linebacker and Dline will be the biggest question marks of this year and next year. May see a few position changes to adapt.
if we get Williams and Zimos, might see a 2 star LB get trimmed.

Can you tell me where you saw that information?

I have seen it from multiple sources. Search his name, you can probably find some of them with a little effort. I just take note and move on. Some of it was from twitter, and some was from Bing (because I don't like Google).

I have seen it from multiple sources. Search his name, you can probably find some of them with a little effort. I just take note and move on. Some of it was from twitter, and some was from Bing (because I don't like Google).
Not really finding anything relevant to anyone leading for him, but would appreciate a link next time you run across something about where he is leaning.

On his 247 profile it says Arkansas 100%.
I think it's the crystal ball area.

Wandale releases Top 6. Alabama Ohio State Kentucky Michigan Purdue Nebraska.

Purdue and Nebraska are the best system fits but does he go with the top 2 teams on the list due to recent success. Hes a difference maker regardless of where he goes.

Wandale releases Top 6. Alabama Ohio State Kentucky Michigan Purdue Nebraska.

Purdue and Nebraska are the best system fits but does he go with the top 2 teams on the list due to recent success. Hes a difference maker regardless of where he goes.
He fits what Bama does now and certainly fits OSU.

He fits what Bama does now and certainly fits OSU.
Technically you can make the argument that he can fit anyones offense but i stand by that Purdue and Nebby are the best systems for speed. Frosts position that Kenjon Barner and DeAnthony Thomas played at Oregon is what hes going to be pitching to Wandale, i guarantee it. Alas, if Saban and Urban want him, its more than an uphill climb unfortunately.

Technically you can make the argument that he can fit anyones offense but i stand by that Purdue and Nebby are the best systems for speed. Frosts position that Kenjon Barner and DeAnthony Thomas played at Oregon is what hes going to be pitching to Wandale, i guarantee it. Alas, if Saban and Urban want him, its more than an uphill climb unfortunately.
He has already stated that Purdue’s system is essentially tailor made for him. He appears to be a player who is looking truly at the best fit for him from a scheme and coaching standpoint and not truly getting too caught up in the relative recent success. I think Purdue has a shot here...especially if the staff can get him on campus for an official visit.

He has already stated that Purdue’s system is essentially tailor made for him. He appears to be a player who is looking truly at the best fit for him from a scheme and coaching standpoint and not truly getting too caught up in the relative recent success. I think Purdue has a shot here...especially if the staff can get him on campus for an official visit.
He's already been in for an official visit.

ADVERTISEMENT