ADVERTISEMENT

Walters

I know a lot of people on here compare Walters to Hazell, which is justified given the record and performance to date. With that said, I find Coach Walters infinitely more likable, humble, and someone that I genuinely want to do well here.

I abandoned Hazell about 3 games into his tenure, but if Walters can hold this team and his recruiting class together after the abysmal start to this season, I think he deserves our support. His defense is showing clear improvement and he is now making obvious effort to repair the inept offense that has held him back since he got here. He also appears to be more disappointed than any of us with the results on the field, which tells me he cares about what is happening here vs. just cashing a check.

So far, I think his biggest mistake has been in trusting the wrong person with his Offense whilst having an unforgiving schedule. Although obvious self-preservation, I think pulling the trigger on Harrell is more than just a symbolic act and and actually gives Walters a chance to rebound. Hopefully he course corrected before it's too late.

Boiler up!
No way...Offensive line is horrible..receivers can't get any seperation. There's 2 more worthless coaches! The whole program needs to reset and go in another direction.

Reactions: pboiler18
Our OOC schedule is not tough. A barely top 15 ND team. And Oregon State team that doesn’t have a conference and might win 6-7 playing In The MWC. A FCS patsy.

That’s not difficult. That’s what most teams play.
They didn’t know that at the time. Think prospective

You’re a g5 coach. You know you’re Urb 2.0. There are whispers that you are.

You’re going to Purdue for paltry NIL backing to play Notre Dame and North Carolina in 2027?

Notre dame might be eh that year for their standards, they might be amazing. Sure, North Carolina could see the ACC split and could end up in the Caribbean conference with st Thomas college and 65 outbound transfers. I doubt it though.

You’re that coach and your agent brings in people who say they have reason to believe Minnesota, NC State, Oklahoma state and Clemson jobs may open in December 2025. You take the Purdue job?

Not Chris creighton. Say you are.. 2017 Jeff brohm.

“But creighton is better than Walters.” True. Anyone would be a fool to argue otherwise. Say Walters gets to 3-9 and keeps games closer than you think or even 4-8. Say Bobo has reason to believe that revenue sharing will kick in in a way that allows players to be paid under a different model starting in the 2026 season.

I say keep him even if it’s worse than that. I want the hire to be made with that promise rather than be locked in to Chris creighton for 2-3 years when revenue sharing will dramatically raise the stature of the Purdue job

No way...Offensive line is horrible..receivers can't get any seperation. There's 2 more worthless coaches! The whole program needs to reset and go in another direction.
lol there are three kinds of receivers on this team..

18 year olds, brohm recruits and transfers that probably came here for free. Even Edrine only graded about 63 in the Sun belt.

You want Rondale Moore? You got a million plus to bring him in AND keep him annually?

lol there are three kinds of receivers on this team..

18 year olds, brohm recruits and transfers that probably came here for free. Even Edrine only graded about 63 in the Sun belt.

You want Rondale Moore? You got a million plus to bring him in AND keep him annually?

LOL. This team doesn't need a Rondale Moore to be competitive. Secondarily, no WR on Notre Dame's team, which you keep spouting about, is receiving $1MM in NIL. You're full of shit...

LOL. This team doesn't need a Rondale Moore to be competitive. Secondarily, no WR on Notre Dame's team, which you keep spouting about, is receiving $1MM in NIL. You're full of shit...
No receiver on Notre dame is Rondale Moore. You want electricity and big plays. Scourton got 800+ to go to TAMU

The guys who were on this team when Walters got here, save Burks, did not have wheels. That means you gotta wait for young guys to get older.

Again, I see a lot of Democrat Republican type of stuff here where there are two choices .. Walters is the best ever or brohm is the best ever.

Neither is true and Walters has been bad. But let’s not pretend that this team he receiving talent if Chris creighton comes here’s. He’d be dealing with the same ba. Would he do better? Sure. Great? Not likely

No receiver on Notre dame is Rondale Moore. You want electricity and big plays. Scourton got 800+ to go to TAMU

The guys who were on this team when Walters got here, save Burks, did not have wheels. That means you gotta wait for young guys to get older.

Again, I see a lot of Democrat Republican type of stuff here where there are two choices .. Walters is the best ever or brohm is the best ever.

Neither is true and Walters has been bad. But let’s not pretend that this team he receiving talent if Chris creighton comes here’s. He’d be dealing with the same ba. Would he do better? Sure. Great? Not likely

Again, this team doesn't need an All American receiver. What it needs is competent play calling. No receiver on Joe Tiller's teams were Rondale Moore, nor were any receivers on Brohm's last team either. You're acting like not being able to pay $1MM for a player is preventing Purdue from being competitive.

We could pull anyone from the stands and likely do no worse than the current staff.
Until revenue sharing, when the next hire is made, I think people will realize how difficult this job is.

My hope is that it’s someone with all the qualifications people are looking for and I can get a lot of posters to agree that is going to be awesome beforehand.

Again, this team doesn't need an All American receiver. What it needs is competent play calling. No receiver on Joe Tiller's teams were Rondale Moore, nor were any receivers on Brohm's last team either. You're acting like not being able to pay $1MM for a player is preventing Purdue from being competitive.
lol on Brohm’s last team you had probably the best progression passer since Brees. And they still got absolutely nothing on the left side.

In today’s market I doubt chuck jones is going to have trouble getting reps at receiver. And once a guy with his talent did, you think he’d be cheaper than Burks now? Purdue couldn’t even pay Burks! Burks didn’t cost a million!

Oh yeah Joe tillers team. Vinny Sutherland being covered by a 265 lb run stuffer.

The OC was fired. Walters is on his way. But don’t act like this job is going to be easy for the next guy. There are a lot of problems for the next guy until revenue sharing

The interview with the new OC was interesting. "it takes a village", "putting our players in a position to be successful". I don't blame him, but deer in the headlights syndrome. I would rather have heard "yeah we've got a few new ideas we are going to try out". This coaching by committee thing looks scary.

He's had 2 yrs to get adequate receivers....failed miserable..

He's had 2 yrs to get adequate receivers....failed miserable..
two years? So freshmen and sophomores or thrift store transfers?

Walters has not been good. However, holding any coach to that standard at Purdue is going to be problematic.

As with many positions there aren’t any or many 3rd and 4th year home grown players worth much

…….Again, I see a lot of Democrat Republican type of stuff here where there are two choices .. Walters is the best ever or brohm is the best ever….
Holy false equivalence, Batman!

I haven’t seen ANYONE here assert that CRW “is the best ever” 😳😂

The only argument is whether or not to stick with him- nobody in their right mind is saying what we’ve seen so far is “the best ever” or even remotely acceptable!

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Holy false equivalence, Batman!

I haven’t seen ANYONE here assert that CRW “is the best ever” 😳😂

The only argument is whether or not to stick with him- nobody in their right mind is saying what we’ve seen so far is “the best ever” or even remotely acceptable!
If they fire him I’ll be fine with it.

I mean from the crowd that wants him gone. If you argue that brohm left a mess, that is a tough job, that we aren’t going to get good candidates, that problems that Walters has will persist, anything.. even while saying that you’d be fine if Purdue moved on, the crowd that never liked the hire in the first ****in place acts like you’re saying he’s the best ever.

lol on Brohm’s last team you had probably the best progression passer since Brees. And they still got absolutely nothing on the left side.

In today’s market I doubt chuck jones is going to have trouble getting reps at receiver. And once a guy with his talent did, you think he’d be cheaper than Burks now? Purdue couldn’t even pay Burks! Burks didn’t cost a million!

Oh yeah Joe tillers team. Vinny Sutherland being covered by a 265 lb run stuffer.

The OC was fired. Walters is on his way. But don’t act like this job is going to be easy for the next guy. There are a lot of problems for the next guy until revenue sharing

LOL, no offense to AOC. But Charlie Jones was his progression. And no, Charlie Jones isn't getting $1MM or even close to that today...

The current staff didn't want Burks. That was pretty evident. What's Burks getting paid at Oklahoma?

LOL, no offense to AOC. But Charlie Jones was his progression. And no, Charlie Jones isn't getting $1MM or even close to that today...

The current staff didn't want Burks. That was pretty evident. What's Burks getting paid at Oklahoma?
Did I ask you if he was getting a million?

If you want to keep a Rondale Moore going forward, that is at least what it will cost though. Scourton was due to get 400 here and left for double that. He’s no rondale.

Did I ask you if he was getting a million?

If you want to keep a Rondale Moore going forward, that is at least what it will cost though. Scourton was due to get 400 here and left for double that. He’s no rondale.

Maybe the real problem is the guy that coaches WRs is a first time WRs coach who's only coached RBs and TEs at the college level.

Maybe the real problem is the guy that coaches WRs is a first time WRs coach who's only coached RBs and TEs at the college level.
Of course that’s part of it. Bobinski should have put more conditions on this hire. That said, who on this team was ever any good under another coach or at another school? No one? So you’re relying on 18 and 18 year olds to be your talent base

If they fire him I’ll be fine with it.

I mean from the crowd that wants him gone. If you argue that brohm left a mess, that is a tough job, that we aren’t going to get good candidates, that problems that Walters has will persist, anything.. even while saying that you’d be fine if Purdue moved on, the crowd that never liked the hire in the first ****in place acts like you’re saying he’s the best ever.
IMHO, you’re waay over -thinking this.

People who hated the CRW hire are popping their buttons with righteous satisfaction, which is EXACTLY the way CRW fanboys would be behaving if Purdue was undefeated right now.

As a hopeless Purdue hump, I want the football team to be competitive, and when they aren’t (as is the case right now), my expectation is that the powers that be will bust their collective asses to rectify the failures.

Too many of our peers are doing just fine in football- with equal or less going for them - for Purdue to be so terrible.

People who hated the CRW hire are popping their buttons with righteous satisfaction, which is EXACTLY the way CRW fanboys would be behaving if Purdue was undefeated right now.

As a hopeless Purdue hump, I want the football team to be competitive, and when they aren’t (as is the case right now), my expectation is that the powers that be will bust their collective asses to rectify the failures.

Too many of our peers are doing just fine in football- with equal or less going for them - for Purdue to be so terrible.
Insert BCs incessant drivel about NIL, etc.

No, we don’t have money to compete with ND or keep our first round draft picks as Boilers unless they really really want to be here.

That doesn’t keep us from being competitive with our peers. That doesn’t keep us from being competitive with Oregon State who at this point isn’t really even our peer.

A coach is going to have to come here and do well with low P4 resources. A guy like Troy Calhoun isn’t getting an offer to go high P4. He might get an offer from a peer program but it’s the ADs job to make this job attractive. Every year there’s maybe 3-4 peer schools looking for coaches. If we have “found” our guy, we need to make it fiscally attractive for him to come.

Even if we don’t have great NIL money we can pay a coach and his staff a boat load of money. Getting the fan base energized to give…proving that they will get something from said investment (vs poor coaching flushing that down the toilet) is what’s needed. Again…a coach that would look at us or a peer institution is going to have to work just as hard there as he is here.

Reactions: RossMackey

I was never an either or type.

Say when brohm got here.. “are you a fan boy or do you hate the hire?”

My thought was it remained to be seen. Good schemer, didn’t get Dale Williams presence, but no more than I don’t get either of our line coaches now.

Liked year one and two. By year 3 I was wondering where the defenders and offensive line were. But you had to like the 2019 class.

At the end I didn’t think he was the best or the worst. Better than Danny hope, worse than Joe tiller

This goes back to Orton kirsch. For 95% of the board, if kirsch was their guy, Orton was just a wee man. And if Orton was their guy, kirsch was a wee man. When kirsch was benched for painter, all the Orton fans loved it. Kirsch fans couldn’t wait for someone else and criticized Paintet for not beating ranked teams.

I’ve always been more of a realist about who all these guys are. If someone is being a Walters fan boy they’re as wrong as people who think brohm is Lloyd Carr or Kirk ferentz or something.

I was never an either or type.

Say when brohm got here.. “are you a fan boy or do you hate the hire?”

My thought was it remained to be seen. Good schemer, didn’t get Dale Williams presence, but no more than I don’t get either of our line coaches now.

Liked year one and two. By year 3 I was wondering where the defenders and offensive line were. But you had to like the 2019 class.

At the end I didn’t think he was the best or the worst. Better than Danny hope, worse than Joe tiller

This goes back to Orton kirsch. For 95% of the board, if kirsch was their guy, Orton was just a wee man. And if Orton was their guy, kirsch was a wee man. When kirsch was benched for painter, all the Orton fans loved it. Kirsch fans couldn’t wait for someone else and criticized Paintet for not beating ranked teams.

I’ve always been more of a realist about who all these guys are. If someone is being a Walters fan boy they’re as wrong as people who think brohm is Lloyd Carr or Kirk ferentz or something.
You were too worried about PFF ratings with Brohm than the obvious evidence we had turned the corner and were going to be good in 21 and 22

Are you sure? Turner won the B1G, coached in the Sugar Bowl, & left talent for Zook to go the Rose Bowl…
Of course not better than Turner in 01, overall, most Illinois fans I know think he left a lot to be desired. But if you want to cross him off and replace him with Tim Brewster and Bobby Williams be my guess lol

You were too worried about PFF ratings with Brohm than the obvious evidence we had turned the corner and were going to be good in 21 and 22
The evidence wasn’t there. A bunch of guys who had not established themselves as big ten players suddenly showed up.

But I remember this forum when Plummer was sputtering against Illinois. No on was sitting here like “what evidence of a turnaround” lol. Maybe you. Not many

But you seem to have this thing about you like he didn’t quit. Your entire schtick would make sense if brohm was on interviews from his new job like “I had big plans for Purdue in 2023. Until I was forced out by Bobinski.”

Bobinski then had to make a hire in the new pay for play era at a school who hasn’t done pay for play since mollenkopf. The candidates you likely wanted probably answered the phone and asked about their NIL warchest. Bobinski then had to tell him that Purdue doesn’t really do… that… and so what you get is a good coordinator who was at least 3-4 years from being ready as far as the lifecycle of a coach.

Do you think kalen Deboer part 2 was all about it and Bobinski was like “yeah, don’t need him.”

Now, when a guy steps up and takes a job others are afraid of, I like that. Separately, I also think there’s a lot brohm left in disrepair for any next coach. That doesn’t make Ryan Walters amazing. All I ever wanted was for him to get his fair shake. He did. If they fire him tomorrow I won’t care

The evidence wasn’t there. A bunch of guys who had not established themselves as big ten players suddenly showed up.

But I remember this forum when Plummer was sputtering against Illinois. No on was sitting here like “what evidence of a turnaround” lol. Maybe you. Not many

But you seem to have this thing about you like he didn’t quit. Your entire schtick would make sense if brohm was on interviews from his new job like “I had big plans for Purdue in 2023. Until I was forced out by Bobinski.”

Bobinski then had to make a hire in the new pay for play era at a school who hasn’t done pay for play since mollenkopf. The candidates you likely wanted probably answered the phone and asked about their NIL watches. Bobinski then had to tell him that Purdue doesn’t really do… that… and so what you get is a good coordinator who was at least 3-4 years from being ready as far as the lifecycle of a coach.

Do you think kalen Deboer part 2 was all about it and Bobinski was like “yeah, don’t need him.”

Now, when a guy steps up and takes a job others are afraid of, I like that. Separately, I also think there’s a lot brohm left in disrepair for any next coach. That doesn’t make Ryan Walters amazing. All I ever wanted was for him to get his fair shake. He did. If they fire him tomorrow I won’t care
I’m not going to begrudge the guy for going home. We wouldn’t do it to a Purdue guy who left a gig somewhere to come here. I don’t think it was a foregone conclusion he was always going to do that either.

He had 2 really good years and they forced their coach out to get him. Seems like the right choice for them. Put us in a bad spot but I’m not going to place blame at his feet 22 months later when the current coach can’t coach his way out of a paper bag.

I’m not going to begrudge the guy for going home. We wouldn’t do it to a Purdue guy who left a gig somewhere to come here. I don’t think it was a foregone conclusion he was always going to do that either.

He had 2 really good years and they forced their coach out to get him. Seems like the right choice for them. Put us in a bad spot but I’m not going to place blame at his feet 22 months later when the current coach can’t coach his way out of a paper bag.
Agree 100%, but your entire schtick only makes sense if he was forced out. If he was forced out, wanting to stay, and then we hired a coach who isn’t as good (we did), then yeah, get mad.

His last 3 classes sucked compared to 2019 and the players who won all those games were mostly done when he chose to leave in 2022. I feel like Gilbert arenas trying to explain something to mccants lol

Agree 100%, but your entire schtick only makes sense if he was forced out. If he was forced out, wanting to stay, and then we hired a coach who isn’t as good (we did), then yeah, get mad.

His last 3 classes sucked compared to 2019 and the players who won all those games were mostly done when he chose to leave in 2022. I feel like Gilbert arenas trying to explain something to mccants lol
What you fail to acknowledge is that in 2022/23 and thereafter, kids aren’t going to stick around for the next coach.

We could have had a loaded roster, most of those kids were going to leave.

22 months later in the portal era you can’t get mad that the previous coaches guys are. No longer here Most guys on D got the boot. Look what that got us. On O we still have 3 starters from the 22 line. Our TE and RB are Brohm recruits. This coach ran off all the leftover WRs and replaced them with guys who aren’t as good or are injured all the time.

If we had a good coach, we’d be competent. 6-7 wins last year would have been no issue. 5-7 wins this year should have been possible. Looks utterly unobtainable now.

This team is backsliding and talking about Brohm, Hope, Hazell, Colleto or any relic of the past has no bearing on the abject coaching failures of THIS staff. So stop?

Reactions: TC4THREE
Of course that’s part of it. Bobinski should have put more conditions on this hire. That said, who on this team was ever any good under another coach or at another school? No one? So you’re relying on 18 and 18 year olds to be your talent base

its interesting that 2 completely different receiver rooms have underperformed 2 years in a row. But I'm sure it's because of the players...

two years? So freshmen and sophomores or thrift store transfers?

Walters has not been good. However, holding any coach to that standard at Purdue is going to be problematic.

As with many positions there aren’t any or many 3rd and 4th year home grown players worth much
It's alright to admit you were wrong about Walters.

What you fail to acknowledge is that in 2022/23 and thereafter, kids aren’t going to stick around for the next coach.

We could have had a loaded roster, most of those kids were going to leave.

22 months later in the portal era you can’t get mad that the previous coaches guys are. No longer here Most guys on D got the boot. Look what that got us. On O we still have 3 starters from the 22 line. Our TE and RB are Brohm recruits. This coach ran off all the leftover WRs and replaced them with guys who aren’t as good or are injured all the time.

If we had a good coach, we’d be competent. 6-7 wins last year would have been no issue. 5-7 wins this year should have been possible. Looks utterly unobtainable now.

This team is backsliding and talking about Brohm, Hope, Hazell, Colleto or any relic of the past has no bearing on the abject coaching failures of THIS staff. So stop?
Who was good amongst those who stayed? Like 5 players man. Hartwig, Mbow, Jenkins. Scourton and Mockobee. I’ll count Kane as well even though he had one of the worst coverage grades in America in the 4-2-5

Now, again, not claiming Walters is good. .. saying even if he was good/if we hired someone else. And you had other players like

Marvin Grant
Jaylan alexander
Dedrick Mackey
Sannousi Kane
Lawrence Johnson
Cam Allen
Spencer hostege
Gus Hartwig
Marcus Mbow
Milton wright
Payne Durham

And others.. Really busting out and showing on an individual level that they were developed as previously undeveloped players as was the case in 2021, that would be one thing. What you saw is a lot of guys who didn’t bust out like so many did in 2021. You had a new staff dealing with a lot of guys who didn’t even do anything at g5 when they transferred out

If we had hired Chris creighton, that was going to be a problem. And that’s on Jeff brohm.

For the 40th time, that doesn’t make Ryan Walters pj fleck. Two things can be true at the same time

So, in your response, make sure you start with these ideas as being accepted by me

Walters deserves to be fired if he doesn’t have a massive turnaround
Harrell was as bad as hazell and Diaco at his job

its interesting that 2 completely different receiver rooms have underperformed 2 years in a row. But I'm sure it's because of the players...
Not sure where you’re getting that. Burks pff grade was ridiculously higher than the previous year and he got PAID by Oklahoma. It’s just that the previous year his grade and body of work was a joke. Sheffield got marginally better. Yaseen got better but got hurt.

This year you have a true freshman, an Indy guy with no burst and a Georgia transfer who played very few snaps at a low low grade for Georgia (morrisette). But the OC was fired and I agree .. so what are you on?

It doesn’t mean that that level of player was going to work miracles under creighton

It's alright to admit you were wrong about Walters.
But I never thought Walters was great. Regardless of who the hire was I was going to be in their corner because it’s just not currently a desirable job. Once pay for play ramped up, Purdue was going to be hiring amongst a low low pool until revenue sharing kicked in.

I never thought about Walters the way wole thought about the mad hatter coming here instead of brohm.

Walters has coached like a guy who is on his way to being fired and I can’t figure out if Harrell was actually worse than Diaco and hazell, or just tied.

That still doesn’t mean that a safe hire who was highly likely to be better than Walters, just without the upside, wasn’t going to have big big problems due to brohm not recruiting his last 3 years.

If Walters is fired and the Toledo coach is hired for example… that coach will STILL have problems next year due to brohm. His high school senior class will basically be Devin Mockobee, max Klare and who else? So, pretend we hire a guy you three really like. Brohm will have made it harder on that guy too. Get it?

But I never thought Walters was great. Regardless of who the hire was I was going to be in their corner because it’s just not currently a desirable job. Once pay for play ramped up, Purdue was going to be hiring amongst a low low pool until revenue sharing kicked in.

I never thought about Walters the way wole thought about the mad hatter coming here instead of brohm.

Walters has coached like a guy who is on his way to being fired and I can’t figure out if Harrell was actually worse than Diaco and hazell, or just tied.

That still doesn’t mean that a safe hire who was highly likely to be better than Walters, just without the upside, wasn’t going to have big big problems due to brohm not recruiting his last 3 years.

If Walters is fired and the Toledo coach is hired for example… that coach will STILL have problems next year due to brohm. His high school senior class will basically be Devin Mockobee, max Klare and who else? So, pretend we hire a guy you three really like. Brohm will have made it harder on that guy too. Get it?
Back to the Walters failed because of Brohm point.

This shit is laughable with you.

THIS ISNT 1990, 2000 or even the 2010s.

Schools don’t keep kids for 4 years now. No matter the programs success or failure. Kids will leave. Good players. Bad players. Kids taking 500k. Kids taking $50. That’s the new reality. Talking about it being Brohms fault the roster isn’t stocked is moot. Have you looked at the top 10? Even they have had massive turnover!

What you fail to realize is that we have a staff that can’t get these kids even lined up correctly in a position to succeed. The fundamentals aren’t there either. They aren’t controlling the basics they need to to be successful.

Forget about NIL. Forget about recruiting. If you can’t put your kids in a position to win…none of that matters.

We’d get absolutely steamrolled tomorrow by 90% of the MAC. That’s not a talent issue. We are more talented than that and it’s not even close. We might be bottom P4 but we are not MAC level talented.

We are Pee we’d level on coaching. That’s it. Plain and simple. Until we fix that, the talent, NIL $, etc just simply does not matter.

Last edited:
Back to the Walters failed because of Brohm point.

This shit is laughable with you.

THIS ISNT 1990, 2000 or even the 2010s.

Schools don’t keep kids for 4 years now. No matter the programs success or failure. Kids will leave. Good players. Bad players. Kids taking 500k. Kids taking $50. That’s the new reality. Talking about it being Brohms fault the roster isn’t stocked is moot. Have you looked at the top 10? Even they have had massive turnover!

What you fail to realize is that we have a staff that can’t get these kids even lined up correctly in a position to succeed. The fundamentals aren’t there either. They aren’t controlling the basics they need to to be successful.

Forget about NIL. Forget about recruiting. If you can’t put your kids in a position to win…none of that matters.

We’d get absolutely steamrolled tomorrow by 90% of the MAC. That’s not a talent issue. We are more talented than that and it’s not even close. We might be bottom P4 but we are not MAC level talented.

We are Pee we’d level on coaching. That’s it. Plain and simple. Until we fix that, the talent, NIL $, etc just simply does not matter.
No no no.. you aren’t reading. Walters has not done well. If they fire him tomorrow I don’t give a shit.

I’m just tired of you acting like Jeff brohm is Kirk ferentz when he didn’t even do as well as pj fleck.

Brohm did negatively impact him a lot but when he also has done some of the things he’s done and hired Graham Harrell, that’s on him. Unlike you I’m capable of liking a coach and calling it what it is.

However, when we get back to Brohm quitting on recruiting, that still will effect a good coach who is brought in if Walters is fired. There will be like two good home grown seniors.

I know you think brohm is Jimmy Johnson but it’s possible for negatives to be grow about him without it meaning Walters is good.

Reactions: RossMackey
IMO There are two absolutely supportable, non-contradictory facts in play here:

1) Jeff Brohm flat-out quit on Purdue
2) Walters has so far done a disturbingly crappy job as Brohm's successor.

IMO There are two absolutely supportable, non-contradictory facts in play here:

1) Jeff Brohm flat-out quit on Purdue
2) Walters has so far done a disturbingly crappy job as Brohm's successor.
Of course he quit. Only BC is claiming otherwise.

The issue is that he’s trying to tie the performance of this team back explicitly to that coach when there are about 500 other factors…almost all in control of the current staff that effect this all first.

You could have given this coach a $20million Ohio Sate roster. We’d still be running these crappy schemes, utterly lack fundamentals ,still struggle with discipline and we’d still get out coached week in and week out.

No level of money you give this staff is going to cover up for the level of incompetence we’ve seen thus far. Doesn’t help that the further we get from the last coach the more incompetence comes to the surface.

It’s almost as if guys who were coached well played well and had good habits that were slowly worked out of them by the current staff…

It's the starting over every 4 years that is the problem. 150 yards in penalties is a team that is protesting something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT